Hi jcl. Don't know if this is the correct place to ask/report this, but since it only happened with Z12 with trades resuming, here goes:
- Running 1.96.4 S (don't ask - life has been way too crazy to even consider 2.whatever yet...).
- VPS wanted to do Windows updates, so I said sure - stopped Zorro and did them. After VPS rebooted, Z12 crashed at startup right after posting the trades resumed and lookback messages.
- log file contained nothing useful, and no diag.txt.
- Z3 (with no trades to resume) did NOT crash.
- After hours of trying different things, including laboriously manually uninstalling all the Windows updates that had been done, Z12 still crashed every time in exactly the same way.
- Finally, in desperation, I tried removing "-diag" from the shortcut and bingo - Z12 started right up.
I realize that using "-diag" as a matter of course is not recommended, but
a) As discussed long ago I consider the slight increase in log file size to be a small price to pay for having the info around when/if needed
b) "-diag" shouldn't cause Zorro to crash!!!
Appreciate your thoughts. Thanks.