by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Nymphodora, AndrewAMD, TipmyPip, Quad, Imhotep), 847 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Steam Bundle #477154
05/24/19 23:48
05/24/19 23:48
Chicago, IL
Dooley Offline OP
User
Dooley  Offline OP
User

Chicago, IL
I am just thinking out loud here. I don't know if it's possible, and there may be hundreds of reasons to not do this...

I'm wondering, since there are other developers here with games on Steam, would it be a good idea to create a bundle with a bunch of our games at a discount? Call it something like "the 3D Gamestudio Bundle"

Again, I don't know if it's possible, bundles seem to be games by the same publisher.

Also, maybe it's a terrible idea.

But from my vantage point, bundling one or more of my games with those of another developer/publisher might bring it in front of more players, and the same goes for their games.

Would anyone be up for something like this? Is it worth inquiring about if it's possible on the Steamworks group?

Re: Steam Bundle [Re: Dooley] #477784
07/28/19 15:29
07/28/19 15:29
California, USA
BorgNot Offline
BorgNot  Offline

California, USA
I do not know about anyone else here. I have been here for quite awhile but my main issue has been never having a team of co-developers.

As far as discounts on Steam, it seems to me that games are cheap there, not so much incentive to give further discounts.

I think a collaborative effort which can draw designer developers to one project that reflects other games would be a better idea. For instance, using characters that are from the other games to interact in one game so that there is a meeting of minds universe similar to Fractured Realms in Diablo 3.

Call it Fractured Realms Universe, for instance. Create weird interactive scenes where the characters both interact or never interact with all variety of goals and missions.

wink

Some things are harder said than done, some not!
Re: Steam Bundle [Re: Dooley] #477801
07/30/19 03:44
07/30/19 03:44
Chicago, IL
Dooley Offline OP
User
Dooley  Offline OP
User

Chicago, IL
Discounts and sales are actually a pretty big deal on Steam. It's a very busy marketplace,and a lot of people use their wishlist to mark games, then buy them when they go on sale.

I like your idea, but that would require making a lot of new content or new games. It would also require considerably more cooperation between developers. I am thinking more about working with what is already there.

Moderated by  checkbutton, mk_1 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de