by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (Nymphodora, AndrewAMD, TipmyPip, Quad, Imhotep), 847 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Corvitextu texture browser released... #479817
04/27/20 20:59
04/27/20 20:59
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Ok,
I wrote a texture browser you might find useful. It browses textures tiled, tiled fliped and also has some smart tools to make texture borders seamless.

From the readme.rtf:

Hamburg Apri 2020.
Corcitextu v.0.9 - a texture browser developed in the time of the corona virus pandemic.
By . J Hunke (Neodumont). Corvitextu v.0.9 is freeware.

What is Corvitextu ? Corvitextu is a texture browser for your textures
you may have collected from the net. Texture collctions are sometimes very mixed
the pickles with some are seamless and others not and of different, sometimes very
large size.
With Corvitextu you can browse your folders quickly in
normal, tiled or flipped mode to check if the textures you got are seamless or not.
Just use the left mousebutton to browse, right mousebutton to go back to panel.
Browsing only works forward.

Then you can sort out the textures you need for your project and save them directly
as 512x512 bmp to a target folder. 512x512 pixels will be saved in this version only.

Corvitextu also provides tools to make a texture border seamless on a high quality
level ( with Auto Fuzzer or Fuzzer ).

Corvitextu is a tool dedicated to the Gamestudio (Opgroup) community and I had the Indie developer in mind who wants to create som new WAD (texture) files. (Note: In gamestudio you can load 10 textures into a wad file with one stroke by selecting 10 files. Together with Corvitextu I publish 147 high resolution jpg real world photos (each 2608x1952 pixels) I made some time ago for you to check out the crop function of Corvitextu. Set the stretch to screen checkbox and browse the jpg texture folder. Then crop out what you want, make the texture seamless and save it to your target dir.

Instructions:

Determine a target directory for your save bmps first.

Load texture: can load .bmp . jpg .gif .pcx .tga .png. files.
Browse buttons load the indicated file formats only.
Tiled and fliped checkboxes allows browsing in these modes to check seamlessness.
Filename is displayed in the window frame with size of the source (!) pic, when Corvitextu is run in windowd mode.

Stretch view to 512: Stretches every pic loaded to 512x512 pixels
Stretch view to screen: Stretches every pic loaded to screen (display) size.

Rotate: rotates a 512x512 screen 90 degrees.

Auto blend: blends the borders into each other via alpha mask from WORK dir.
Works only when 512 checkbox is set and loaded pic is 512x512 pixels properly.
Usually creates the well known mirror effects at the borders, when textures are
very structured. Really better is Autofuzzer.

Crop (cut out) from large textures: Load or browse a (large) texture best with stretch to screen set.
Click on a left upper pos, then on a right down pos. to crop to 512x512 new texture size.
Croped screens must be saved seperately and need a filename given from you.

Fuzzer: Click on a start/cutout pos, then on paste pos to patch. Flipper flips patch hor.
Alpha mask is in WORK dir named Fmask.bmp. With Fuzzer you can harmonize
a texture or remove unwanted details quickly. Dont pick a patch from a position near a border
or parts of the dark background will be taken with the patch.

Auto fuzzer: Creates seamles borders for perfect tiling for most textures
(in 512x512 size only). Use Fuzzer to optimize manually if you want.
Auto fuzzer copies alpha masked patches from random positions of the texture
(not from positions near borders) and lines them over all borders.

Copy to clip: Copies the 512x512 screen to clipboard, if 512er checkbox is set.
If stretch to fullscreen is set the whole screen will be copied to Clipboard.
Get from clip gets the clipboard pic to workscreen.

UNDO: Undoes the last -Auto fuzzer- action. Backup screen was saved to clipboard before.

Check seamless: Shows texture tiled to check if borders/edges are gone.

NOTE: Corvitextu saves to 512x512 pixel size and IN BMP FORMAT in this version ONLY !

Enhanced version is planned.

All pics you load will be saved as bmp files to your target dir. Filename will be preserved, extender will be changed to bmp.
-Overwrite existing file ?- checking and warning message exists.

Other Issues:
Note: -PCX browser- works only reliable with stretch to 512x512 set.
Dont know why at the moment. Should be the only bug.
Alpha masks for -Autoblend- are in Work directory, you may change them if you want.
Make always sure you have the prospeed.dll and nview.dll and includes in the program directory.
Corvitestu is a mobile program and does not need any installation process and does not change your windows registry.
Too large or akward files cannot not be displayd.

Please note this version is a beta version and may not be 100% bugfree, although I tested Corvitextu havily and encountered no crashes. It was also tested on 4 different machines.
Corvitextu was written in XProfan9 from RGH Software on an old WinXP machine.
It should run on Win 98 to Win 7
Many thanks go to Roland G. Huelsman, Frank Abbing, Andreas Miethe and
K. Nishita

Note: There is also a nice free texture autoseamer program from Nem(Ryan Gregg). Check it out !

Corvitextu v.0.9 is absolutey freeware and may not be sold in any way.

Neodumont

You can download Corvitextu from my webspace here:

Corvitextu texture browser download

You can download a free texture package (140 Photos in each 2608x1952 size) for training with Corvitextu from here:

Free highres texture photos download

Re: Corvitextu texture browser released... [Re: NeoDumont] #479835
04/29/20 10:09
04/29/20 10:09
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Ok, announcing a productivity update coming tonight:

"K" checkbox added, which keeps the path to the selected -load (single) texture- folder, when set.

Crop to 512x512 now can keep the stretch to screen checkbox and allows -rotate- -autoblend- and -Autofuzzer- functions anyway after cropping. This way croping is much more efficent, because directory changing to source dir is not needed.

Neodumont

Re: Corvitextu texture browser released... [Re: NeoDumont] #479837
04/29/20 18:48
04/29/20 18:48
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Ok, an updated version of Corvitextu can now be downloaded from the link above (rar name is the same, but program and readme.rtf changed.

Changes:

Chose a target directory first. Check the "K" checkbox before you load a single texture. The directory you determined will now be kept as a source. Uncheck the "K" checkbox to switch to a new directory and check it again if you want to keep the new one. "K" works only with single texture loading, but with all file formats.

A large pic can now be loaded witch checkbox -stretch view to screen- and is ready to be cropped. If you cropped a 512x512 screen from a very large pic you can now leave the -stretch view to screen- checkbox checked and use all seamless and fuzzer tools. Originally they were only available when the -stretch view to 512x512- was set. Then save the cropped screen and load in the next big pic right away. No annoying checkbox changing anymore when cropping.

In short: (If you want to test and use my texture folder that).
Start program.
Determine target folder.
Set checkbox -Stretch view to screen-
Set chekbox "K"
Press -load texture button- and select my 'textures' folder
Load a texture
Right mousebutton to go back to control panel
choose -crop from large texture-
click on upper left point (of square) on screen, then on the right down one
Croped screen appears on screen.
Use seamless blendig tools and check 'seamlessness'
Use fuzzer to improve texture again.
Save new texture with -save cropped screen2target dir-
Or save to 512x512 with original filename (extender changed to bmp)
Load next texture from textures folder...

Ok, hope you like Corvitextu. If you encounter any heavy bugs, feel free to post it here.

Neodumont

Re: Corvitextu texture browser released... [Re: NeoDumont] #479873
05/02/20 10:20
05/02/20 10:20
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Well,

anouncing a bugfix update release tomorrow for Corvitextu. The check seamless function in Corvitextu created two 1 pixel wide black stripes left and top of the bmp saved. I also wrote a patch program which removes those two black stripes if someboy created bmps from Corvitextu already. It will be published with the bugfix update.

Sorry for the inconvinience.

Neodumont

Re: Corvitextu texture browser released... [Re: NeoDumont] #479897
05/03/20 20:10
05/03/20 20:10
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Ok, sorry for the inconvenience !

The download link above now links to the new bugfixed version of Corvitextu (v.98, Texturecon24.exe).
Textures cropped or processed by Auto fuzzer and border seamless tools in C. should not create any black border stripes anymore.

If you have created some bmps from cropping or seamless making and have them saved in a target dir you can use the Patcherb.exe program which is included in the new download .arj to remove black borders (1 pixel size) stripes at top and left border automatically. Well, at least I did that already after getting a nearly heart attack when I saw that stripes after a long session cropping textures from my photo texture collection.

I dont wan't go deeper into the reasons for those poblems and bash anyone else, but the problems were caused by external
.dlls I used and incompatibility problems I never expected.

Anyway all in all Corrvitextu now works pretty stable and reliable and I hobe you can find it useful for your texture library.

If you still find bugs feel free to post them here.

Best wishes !

Neodumont

--------------------------------------------
When you walk through a storm...
--------------------------------------------

Re: Corvitextu texture browser released... [Re: NeoDumont] #479916
05/04/20 19:53
05/04/20 19:53
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Ok. Small service update of Corvitextu.

Save button for cropped screens now allows saving 512x512 pixel size screens from all kind of processed textures, not only from cropped.

Crashes appearing from time to time when loading tiled or flipped single textures should not occure anymore.

Download the new version v.099 texturecon25.exe again from the above download link.

Sorry again,

Neodumont

Re: Corvitextu texture browser released... [Re: NeoDumont] #480247
05/27/20 21:57
05/27/20 21:57
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Ok, upgrade, upgrade !

I uploaded Corvitextu version 1.01 to my webspace. Selected folders for browsing or loading are now kept more safely and displayed as the default folder. Makes working with Corvitextu more friendly. Readme.rtf has also been updated.
The new Version can be download from the link above.

Neodumont

Re: Corvitextu texture browser released... [Re: NeoDumont] #481223
08/13/20 23:19
08/13/20 23:19
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

OK,

I updated Corvitextu. Corvitextu can now handle bmps of 1024x1024 size. Seamless blending (with horiz.), Autofuzzer, Rotate and Seamless check work fine. Please read the readme.rtf first or at least the About Info of the control panel.
Follow the instructions carefully. Note that Corvitextu needs a screen resolution of 1280x1024 for handling 1024x1024 bmps
correctly.

The new version can be downloaded form the first download link above. Filename is the same, Corvitextu.rar, new executable is TEXTURECON28XL.exe

Greetz

NeoDumont

Re: Corvitextu texture browser released... [Re: NeoDumont] #481314
08/26/20 01:01
08/26/20 01:01
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

OK...

The Fuzzer offset patch for the left border was not ok and had a black background. Problem fixed. Alpha mapping is now ok.

You can download the updated Corvitextu again from the download link above. Corvitextu now is version 1.3 and the exe is TEXTURECON29XL.exe.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

NeoDumont

Re: Corvitextu texture browser released... [Re: NeoDumont] #482194
01/09/21 22:28
01/09/21 22:28
N
NeoDumont Offline OP
NeoDumont  Offline OP
N

Hi Folks !

There was still the black bborder bug when Autofuzzer was used for 1024x1024 texture size. Sorry for that.

Please download the bugfixed Version 1.4 TEXTURECON30XL.exe from my webspace and replace the TEXTURECON29XL.exe in your Corvitextu/Texturecon folder with the TEXTURECON30XL.exe.

http://juergen-hunke.square7.ch/TEXTURECON30XL.rar

Again, sorry for the inconvenience, but this small thin black pixel line could not been seen in Corvitextu or Irfan view. I stepped about this problem when creating a tiled texturing in MED for a large cave.

Best wishes !

NeoDumont

Last edited by NeoDumont; 01/14/21 22:16. Reason: Download only with right mousebutton, else 404 error.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de