by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 863 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Untitled Walking Simulator (posted by xbox) #481380
09/05/20 20:24
09/05/20 20:24
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
posted by xbox:

Hello all,

I didn't want to post anything until I had more to show, however with current time constraints and "writers block", I can't really move forward.

I'm posting these unfinished screenshots with the intent that you guys/girls could lend some suggestions on how to progress with this.

The premise thus far is the character wakes up in a cold dark room, and much you ( the actual player), has no idea where they are or why they're there in the first place. As you start to open doors, you appear to be in some sort of maze where you can potentially find yourself having to backtrack through the rooms you've already been through, meanwhile trying to find any objects or hints that will clue you in and eventually reveal what is going on in this world.

The thing is, once you find the end, is it really the "end"?

Every time the level starts or restarts, the level is completely random, and will never play the same way twice.

I've gotten this far with coding and level creation which is all I imagined to start with, unfortunately, alone it's not enough to draw players in to explore, so I need a story to go with it, but I don't know where to start with it.

Thank you for your time though, and I look forward to any suggestions/comments/remarks.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

posted by "xbox". moved from showcase in projects section.

Last edited by rayp; 09/05/20 20:30. Reason: This thread was moved from showcase to projects section

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;
Re: Untitled Walking Simulator (posted by xbox) [Re: rayp] #481381
09/05/20 20:26
09/05/20 20:26
Germany
rayp Offline OP

X
rayp  Offline OP

X

Germany
Posted by Jerome8911

Hi xbox,

The premise thus far is the character wakes up in a cold dark room, and much you ( the actual player), has no idea where they are or why they're there in the first place. As you start to open doors, you appear to be in some sort of maze where you can potentially find yourself having to backtrack through the rooms you've already been through, meanwhile trying to find any objects or hints that will clue you in and eventually reveal what is going on in this world.

Sounds like you want to make a Metroidvania rather than a simple Walking Simulator. Which is great I guess.

The thing is, once you find the end, is it really the "end"?

Castlevania (the vania of Metroidvania) alst had two endings: A "normal" ending and a harder to achieve "real" ending.

I've gotten this far with coding and level creation which is all I imagined to start with, unfortunately, alone it's not enough to draw players in to explore, so I need a story to go with it, but I don't know where to start with it.

So I guess you need to decide wether you want to make a game driven by its narrative (like most Walking Simulator) or a game that is driven by its game mechanics. Maybe you should draw inspiration from another game?

Best regards

edit rayp: Reposted because moving from showcase isnt possible. Pics re-uploaded. good night.

Last edited by rayp; 09/05/20 20:45.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de