Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Optimize in a ranked asset portfolio
by danatrader. 10/26/20 15:08
Force chart into a y-axis range?
by Kaga. 10/25/20 23:57
Special Bars Script
by atr. 10/25/20 12:30
Tensorflow and Python 32 bit
by gamadeus. 10/25/20 11:39
Close attempts
by jcl. 10/24/20 10:27
GET_TRADES - TRADE array buffer size?
by jcl. 10/24/20 10:25
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
Paradox Vector
The Space Between
Pogostuck: Rage With Your Friends
Worst Case Z
Who's Online Now
7 registered members (OptimusPrime, AndrewAMD, Iglarion, danatrader, jenGs, kalmar, Janusz), 467 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
exshifta, mr_T0ma5, AVL, ruins, speech
18529 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW! #479456
03/30/20 21:18
03/30/20 21:18
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 19
Lozoteva Offline OP
Newbie
Lozoteva  Offline OP
Newbie

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 19
I spent half a day configuring all the Zorro environment on my AWS EC2 free instance (1G RAM) to figure that is not possible to work on it because the AWS machine's performances are too slow. See image below.

[Linked Image]

Although see below it's stated that 2 MT4 instances of Zorro should work on AWS EC2 Micro Instance.

[Linked Image]

I believe 1GB of RAM and the CPU provided by Amazon are very limited even for running one Chrome browser session.

So I guess I need to buy a VPS somewhere else.

If you run Zorro in a cloud please feel free to share your choice.

Last edited by Lozoteva; 03/30/20 21:21.
Re: Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW! [Re: Lozoteva] #479593
04/09/20 09:58
04/09/20 09:58
Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 174
Germany
Smon Offline
Member
Smon  Offline
Member

Joined: Dec 2014
Posts: 174
Germany
Looks like an error from the task manager. You should be below 30% CPU usage. Where do the other 70% come from? It's a long time I played with VPS, but it could be due to shared resources with other VPS instances. Does it feel slow? I'd run a backtest and compare with my local machine to get a feeling how slow it really is.

Re: Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW! [Re: Lozoteva] #479599
04/09/20 16:05
04/09/20 16:05
Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 19
Lozoteva Offline OP
Newbie
Lozoteva  Offline OP
Newbie

Joined: Mar 2020
Posts: 19
Thanks buddy for your answer. Yes it was very slow... totally useless... so I managed to close the Amazon EC2 and open a VPS somewhere else with 4GB RAM and 2 cores CPU @ 30$ per month.
Thanks a lot for your feedback.... I really appreciate it.

Re: Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW! [Re: Lozoteva] #479610
04/10/20 15:59
04/10/20 15:59
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 32
Netherlands
G
Grant Offline
Newbie
Grant  Offline
Newbie
G

Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 32
Netherlands
Maybe you can try it in a Linux/Wine environment?

Re: Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW! [Re: Lozoteva] #481676
10/18/20 03:58
10/18/20 03:58
Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1
Mana N.Z
R
Roger399 Offline
Guest
Roger399  Offline
Guest
R

Joined: Jun 2020
Posts: 1
Mana N.Z
I was looking at the Amazon EC2 before finding this post...Not so interested in it now. How has the new VPS worked out for you? And can you recommend something for a VPS newbie, in the windows environment? And thanks for this post, a real time-saver.

Re: Trading Zorro on AWS (12 months free) is NOT possible. Too SLOW! [Re: Lozoteva] #481695
10/19/20 13:40
10/19/20 13:40
Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 27,368
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Joined: Jul 2000
Posts: 27,368
Frankfurt
The Micro-AWS has normally about 50% CPU load with 4 Zorros. Check where your 100% CPU load comes from - maybe some active background process.


Moderated by  Petra 

Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1