by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Imhotep, opm), 785 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: I see why this engine died. [Re: Preypacer] #481928
11/21/20 15:33
11/21/20 15:33
Germany Nrw Herford
HenWoll Offline
HenWoll  Offline

Germany Nrw Herford
you have to set priorities and know which game you want to develop! And I think GS still delivers everything that is important as an indie developer,
otherwise I can only underline the contribution from freezernew

Re: I see why this engine died. [Re: Preypacer] #481960
11/27/20 07:59
11/27/20 07:59
Mainz
NnamueN Offline
NnamueN  Offline

Mainz
Hi Preypacer,

I started with the motor in the A5 version and I have to say that it is simply great for people who mainly want to be programmers.
But that is also the problem at the same time. You have to grasp the programming code, i.e. master a programming language.

You mustn't compare this engine to Unreal or Unity.. These primarily rely on visual design, but 3d Gamestudio is primarily a script / code-based design engine.
for one it's an advantage, for the other it's a disadvantage. Of course you have to be able to program in Unreal or Unity in the end to design games, but the connection between the GUI and the Motor Code is more directly linked.

At 3d Gamestudio you only have the blank SED editor at first. If you don't know what you have to or want to do here, it is of course difficult to develop a game with it. As @Dooley wrote, the approach is simply totally different and very directly.

So here is the first question to ask yourself. what do you like are you the coder or the designer.
If you are more of a designer and want to work visually, 3d Gamestudio is not for you and you should look for a different engine.
But if you are a real scripting pure code writer, then 3D Gemstudio is for you :-D

3D Gamestudio is a software package collection. The 3dGS tools like WED, GED and MED unfortunately only support programs. In Fahl von MED, any other modern 3D modeling tool is better, but you will need it to convert models to MDL format as 3dGS cannot work directly with FBX or other models. In theory, you don't need a single tool from 3dGS to program a game, just acknex.exe (Engine) itself.

If 3d Gamestudio can directly use FBX models in the A9 version (hopefully the upcoming version), this will in my opinion be enough to actively play in the Motor League of the greats again.

@Preypacer
If you are still interested in 3dGS you can ask any of us about help and I think everyone will be happy to help.
Search also in YouTube for 3D Gamestudio or 3dGS and you will surely find something useful in English.

If you haven't worked with 3d Gamestudio at all, take a look at my youtube channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlqktPOyGp8&list=PLZUR_qMkRMVhhV2R_mpImi_vMhw1Dsqo5
It's only in German, unfortunately, but you can use YouTube's automatic subtitle translation to understand at least a little what I'm saying.
My Videos are for total 3dGS beginners and therefore slow enough to be able to understand them all without knowing the German language :-)

I myself am unfortunately not the mega programmer and also not the 3dGS freak, but that is simply because I have too little time for it.

I apologize for my English because I don't speak the language very well
cu Roman

https://www.youtube.com/vufDummies

So Long, and Thanks For All the Fish.
Es geht nicht darum im höchsten Level zu sein, sondern alle die vorherigen erlebt und verstanden zu haben !
Re: I see why this engine died. [Re: Preypacer] #482052
12/12/20 08:48
12/12/20 08:48
22�21'24"N 114�07'30"E
Frederick_Lim Offline
User
Frederick_Lim  Offline
User

22�21'24"N 114�07'30"E
The engine is definitely dead if there is no plan for A9. I think at lease provide 64-bit support.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de