by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (VoroneTZ, monk12, Quad), 829 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Few update suggestions [Re: jcl] #483821
07/30/21 09:44
07/30/21 09:44
Switzerland Zürich
JeyKey II Offline
Serious User
JeyKey II  Offline
Serious User

Switzerland Zürich
I find it tasteless of you to give the users hope, even though you know very well that it will never happen.
Maybe in the next life?

[Jeder ist sich selbst am Nächsten]
Re: Few update suggestions [Re: 3run] #483825
07/30/21 14:40
07/30/21 14:40
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
I cannot tell when there will be a release, but I can tell that we have a noticeable to do list for it.

Re: Few update suggestions [Re: 3run] #483826
07/30/21 16:09
07/30/21 16:09
Caucasus
3run Offline OP
Senior Expert
3run  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Caucasus
To be honest I was happy to hear that there is a 'change list for the next update'. But my happiness didn't last for too long, since your answers were not unambiguous and they felt like 'yes we are going to update the engine' and 'no you better don't wait for it' at the same time...

With all the respect jcl, I have to say, that you don't appreciate enough those users who still hangs around Gamestudio...
Engine wasn't updated for 5 years (since Mar 9 2016)! You guys got notepad++ extension for Zorro thing, but ignored Gamestudio (and it's community)! You guys are using more recent versions of lite-C compiler for Zorro while still ignoring Gamestudio (and it's community). What kind of appreciation is this? Instead of being honest with users by saying 'acknex is dead, it's not going to be maintained, you better move along' you are giving us false hope that it will EVENTUALLY get an update. Sure thing, it might get an update when there will be no one left here, but what would be the point then?

You last words about when new update will (not) come out were the last nails in Gamestudio's coffin for me.
You don't say things straight as they are, probably because Gamestudio is still on sale, but that's indeed tasteless.

Even if it's on sale, most of the ads aren't applicable to it anymore:
Originally Posted by Gamestudio main page
Gamestudio is the world's fastest authoring system for interactive 2D and 3D applications - such as multimedia tools, video games, simulations, or any other software program.
Originally Posted by New Features in Gamestudio / A8
With purchasing a Gamestudio Edition from the Gamestudio website, you aquire the right of lifetime free updates of your engine version. Updates are released in regular intervals as long as the engine version is developed.

Best regards.

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Few update suggestions [Re: jcl] #483827
07/30/21 16:56
07/30/21 16:56
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline
User
Emre  Offline
User

Turkey, Izmir
Originally Posted by jcl
I cannot tell when there will be a release, but I can tell that we have a noticeable to do list for it.

Lol. If you're being sarcastic, I see a keen intelligence there. If it's not sarcasm, I think you would make a great politician, because you're a master at not saying anything definitive, which is also a sign of keen intelligence. In this case there is nothing left for us but to show respect.

I'm sure that the to-do list is epicly long. Considering that you do not want to devote/spend time and resources to this issue, or that you cannot do it for financial reasons, it is obvious that this update will not come out. What we expect from you is to release small updates for important stuff. Maybe as a result, people will continue to use acknex and you will get new acknex customers through emerging projects. it's a win win situation. Or maybe even a small update takes more time and resources than I expected though. If that's the case, of course we can't insist. However, I'm not sure what is the case, since our communication consists of short sentences that are not precise, I cannot reach a definite judgment either. I'm just speculating.

Don't get me wrong. Frankly, I really respect you. Developing games was my dream. Without Acknex, I could not have made this dream come true. Because there is no other engine that is so easy to use and takes so little time to learn. I'm sure many people have entered this field and have done successful work thanks to acknex. I even know that one of them owns a game development studio now (of course they use another engine.) and he remembers Acknex with gratitude.

What I'm going to say is that you made a great engine, even though it's no longer being updated and it's lagging behind today's standards. I wish you hadn't thrown it away.

Best Regards!

Re: Few update suggestions [Re: 3run] #483832
07/31/21 17:16
07/31/21 17:16
Germany
pegamode Offline
Serious User
pegamode  Offline
Serious User

Germany
There were times when the engine was updated every few months. You found bugs and knew that they would be fixed relatively soon. New features were added and existing ones were optimized. It was really fun to work with this engine.

Now it's been 5 years without a single update. If there was really still interest in providing the engine with updates, then they would at least implement small things piece by piece and simply release minor updates. That would be owed at least to the users, in my opinion.

Especially the lack of 64bit support and the associated limitation of memory access hurt a lot, because the debug mode is not usable for large projects.

It's a real shame for the engine and the community, which has been very active here for many years and there have always been many helpful people.

In the beginning I had hoped that updates for the engine would continue to come out, but I gave up that hope years ago. As much as I wish to be wrong with it, I don't believe in an update anymore.

Re: Few update suggestions [Re: 3run] #484034
08/31/21 12:29
08/31/21 12:29
Germany
rayp Offline

X
rayp  Offline

X

Germany
What i really need is a fbx Format Update.

Converting Back to fbx2010 (in 2021) was a pain last years. Now i have the First Files where converting is impossible already.

When mixamo (4ex) stops the 6.1 Version, its totally over (with assests).

Even with expensive pro Apps Like Maya, converting 10 years back is almost not possible without losing a Lot of feats

I have pro mocaps...cant use...Stuck in fbx2013...at best.

Maybe an fbx expert knows more ways to convert, who knows...i know a lot ways but by far not enough...

Edit: and yes its a shame that acknex is "dead"

Last edited by rayp; 08/31/21 12:54.

Acknex umgibt uns...zwischen Dir, mir, dem Stein dort...
"Hey Griswold ... where u gonna put a tree that big ?"
1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
rayp.flags |= UNTOUCHABLE;
Re: Few update suggestions [Re: rayp] #484039
09/01/21 08:37
09/01/21 08:37
İstanbul, Turkey
Quad Online
Senior Expert
Quad  Online
Senior Expert

İstanbul, Turkey
Even if they update FBX importer, most new features would not be available anyway unless there is also a MDL7 update which would me mdl8 i guess, but then that would require an engine update. Which all of us know is not going to happen.

Last edited by Quad; 09/01/21 08:38.

Re: Few update suggestions [Re: 3run] #484079
09/03/21 12:14
09/03/21 12:14
Germany
rayp Offline

X
rayp  Offline

X

Germany
True. But i would be happy if i could import my files...at least wink ...missing feats (known problem when dealing with acknex today).
edit: good thing is, converting static meshes works almost every time (but its getting more and more a task).

I'm sure that the to-do list is epicly long. Considering that you do not want to devote/spend time and resources to this issue, or that you cannot do it for financial reasons, it is obvious that this update will not come out. What we expect from you is to release small updates for important stuff.Maybe as a result, people will continue to use acknex and you will get new acknex customers through emerging projects. it's a win win situation.
Very good idea. To show conitec still cares about acknex AND to attract new users.

But when looking at the amount of last active users and the feedback from JCL in this thread..."i have a bad feeling about this" wink
When price droped i thought, well now a update is not much realistic "any more".

greets

Last edited by rayp; 09/03/21 12:23.

1998 i married my loved wife ... Sheeva from Mortal Kombat, not Evil-Lyn as might have been expected
Re: Few update suggestions [Re: rayp] #484086
09/03/21 17:20
09/03/21 17:20
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline
User
Emre  Offline
User

Turkey, Izmir
Originally Posted by rayp

When price droped i thought, well now a update is not much realistic "any more".

I absolutely agree. One of the Edgar Allan Poe's (The Raven) poem always comes to my mind when talking to jcl about this subject.

Quote from the poem:

Leave my updateless unbroken!—
quit the beta above my hope!
Take thy acknex from out my heart,
and take thy bugs from off my scope!”
Quoth the Lotter “Nevermore.”

Re: Few update suggestions [Re: 3run] #484101
09/07/21 22:31
09/07/21 22:31
Germany
rayp Offline

X
rayp  Offline

X

Germany
Now i have the First Files where converting is impossible already.

Bit off topic...but i wanted to say...i finally managed to downgrade the newest FBX (7.7) mocap to fbx2010 laugh ...finally!
cheers!

edit:
Next update suggestion: MED+WED - stop working for me if i reach some project size, while other apps of this time still open the files. For example "too many" animations frames and med tells me "Out of ram", while i have around 20gb free in task manager. Fragmotion and other open with no problem in a second.

Last edited by rayp; 09/08/21 23:18.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  old_bill, Tobias 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de