by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (EternallyCurious, howardR), 646 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin, rajesh7827
19046 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Need a partner to share and help with my trading system #484711
12/05/21 09:49
12/05/21 09:49
Southampton
B
Bennycjones Offline OP
Bennycjones  Offline OP
B

Southampton
Hi guys!

During the coronavirus pandemic I got well into learning about algorithmic trading.
I was spending 12 hours a day trying to find an edge on zorro, but could find nothing statistically significant or robust for a long time.
Eventually with a very simple idea and some basic statistics I found something which shows a strong coefficient curve, is very robust and showed good results even with a statistically significant amount of trades (Above 5000, from 2010 to 2021). Also showed good results with or without a degree of freedom and WFO.

However, I ran out of savings to invest thanks to being unemployed and had to get a regular job and completely forgot about it. Also I was completely burnt out, and just lacked the energy to take it to the next step.

Recently, I have successfully managed to get a new job, so all being well I should have some money to invest, so I've got back into it.

Anyways, I've realised that I cannot do this by myself due to time constraints e.t.c, so I'm looking for a code-savvy individual to partner with (TO be extra extra extra clear, I do not need you to code for me, I have already done the coding). If you have lots of historical data of stocks that would be even better because most of my testing has been of Forex, but I believe that this system will be even more effective on stocks, or anything else probably. (Let's face it, forex ain't easy)

Obviously, you'll get use of my system and I'll continue to test and make adjustments as well. Two hands make light work and all that. I really do believe I'm onto something here as proven by the results so far, but it needs refining, a better exit strategy and money management, and more testing on different instruments which I just do not have the historical data of right now.

My criteria with testing is the following:

Above 5000 trades (so usually from 2010)

You have nothing to lose, and all being well could work out profitably for the two of us.

The system is based on the Chad principle of "buy the f!/+&£#@ dip" so it's a mean reversion system. It uses two indicators not native to Zorro which I coded in. O e is an ehlers based trigger, the other is a market regime filter based on a statistical test.

P.S I'm not looking for someone to do all the work. Most the work has been done anyway, I just need second opinions e.t.c and an extra hand for testing different kinds of instruments. I'm not looking for more computer power either, mine is more than decent enough for this.

Last edited by Bennycjones; 12/05/21 20:39.
Re: Need a partner to share and help with my trading system [Re: Bennycjones] #484712
12/05/21 14:02
12/05/21 14:02
Netherlands
G
Grant Offline
Grant  Offline
G

Netherlands
Originally Posted by Bennycjones
Hi guys!

During the coronavirus pandemic I got well into learning about algorithmic trading.

...so I'm looking for a code-savvy individual to partner with

Well, part of that is learning how to code.

Re: Need a partner to share and help with my trading system [Re: Grant] #484713
12/05/21 20:36
Southampton
B
Bennycjones Offline OP
Bennycjones  Offline OP
B

Southampton
I don't understand your response kind sir. I can indeed code.

Re: Need a partner to share and help with my trading system [Re: Bennycjones] #484714
Southampton
B
Bennycjones Offline OP
Bennycjones  Offline OP
B

Southampton
AGAIN, I am NOT looking for someone to code for me or do my work. Simply someone to bounce ideas off of e.t.c

Most successful algorithmic traders work in teams e.t.c I have no idea why us retail peeps are so against working together.

Last edited by Bennycjones; 12/05/21 20:42.
Re: Need a partner to share and help with my trading system [Re: Bennycjones] #484715
12/05/21 21:07
12/05/21 21:07
M
MegaTanker Offline
MegaTanker  Offline
M

AGAIN, I am NOT looking for someone to code for me or do my work. Simply someone to bounce ideas off of e.t.c

Most successful algorithmic traders work in teams e.t.c I have no idea why us retail peeps are so against working together.

I agree with this. I get why those with a successful edge don't share their secrets in a competitive environment, but those who are still looking are reinventing the same wheels over and over each by themselves imo.

But anyways, I'm willing to talk, maybe we can benefit each other. PM me if you want to get on discord or something like that.

Re: Need a partner to share and help with my trading system [Re: Bennycjones] #484716
12/06/21 00:01
12/06/21 00:01
Netherlands
G
Grant Offline
Grant  Offline
G

Netherlands

OK point taken. I've worked in the past with a offline friend of mine and I believe this is way more effective & trustworthy than an online colab.

Re: Need a partner to share and help with my trading system [Re: Grant] #484728
12/07/21 00:05
12/07/21 00:05
Southampton
B
Bennycjones Offline OP
Bennycjones  Offline OP
B

Southampton
No doubt you are right, but i don't have that option unfortunately. I don't know anyone who has the slightest interest in algorithmic trading apart from me in real life.

Re: Need a partner to share and help with my trading system [Re: Bennycjones] #484730
12/07/21 01:00
12/07/21 01:00
Netherlands
G
Grant Offline
Grant  Offline
G

Netherlands
Both of us have a weird hobby, LOL.

One of the possible pitfalls in our field is the tendency to try all kinds of concepts (at least for me, haha), so it takes some discipline to work out a single concept, just to prevent us from spending too much time in developing prototypes that will never reach production.

That being said, I think you have interesting trade ideas, so I would suggest that you put focus on those specific asset(s) in which you've already found a statistical edge by applying some sort of Agile development cycle . Once you have a working system, you can always decide to try other concepts and/or asset types.

All the best!

Re: Need a partner to share and help with my trading system [Re: Bennycjones] #484759
12/08/21 07:48
12/08/21 07:48
L
Lapsa Offline
Lapsa  Offline
L

Hi Benny,

Hit me up!

Will spin it and give feedback.
Especially curious about those custom indis.

Won't share further w/o explicit need and permission.

Moderated by  Petra 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de