Thanks for the reply Petra and Grant!
I am aware of the IB Gateway restarts. On Sundays I'm manually restarting the gateway, while on the rest of the days I rely on IB Gateway's auto-restart feature.
However, I noticed that sometimes mid-week, Zorro fails to successfully connect to the IB. Usually, this gets resolved the next day, after the restart.
Yet, this week I noticed the behaviour happening 2 days in a row.
- on Wednesday 18th, at 12:00 UTC, the IB Gateway restart kicked-in
- seems that Zorro failed to properly connect
- the Live trading status seems to have halted then
- up until the next restart (Thursday 19th) the total Balance stayed constant at 1885. this makes me think Zorro was unable to fetch any updated value
Same thing happened on Thursday 19th:
- got the expected IB disconnect at 12:00 UTC (due to Gateway restart)
- this time, there's an extra error on a security "No Data". this seems to happen on a random basis and may not be the root cause of the issue, as the previous connection issue wasn't accompanied by the same error
- you can notice that the IB Gateway "Market Data Farm" and "Historical Data Farm" aren't being used given their red indicator
- likewise, Zorro's Broker connection status is red
- the live status failed to update since Wednesday
Any clues how to further debug this? Is there a verbose flag particularly aimed at broker connectivity?