by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (VoroneTZ, AndrewAMD, TipmyPip), 918 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Need help with ello's simplegold shader [Re: ello] #51002
08/10/05 17:43
08/10/05 17:43
Panama City, FL
S
Specterdragon Offline OP
Specterdragon  Offline OP
S

Panama City, FL
Quote:

i made some changes which i dont know why i had to do so, but its at least looking nearly like it should and get you into the right direction.
it hardly depends on a seamless uv_map for your model

I apreciate the assist because I really liked the pics of the effect. OK, so I've coppied this into an FX file and tried it through that. Now I have a completely black image, so I was thinking that it could be a fog related issue and added enablefog=false to the beginning of the technique. that improved the look by adding dark reds and greens to the extrema verticle surfaces.

By "seamless UV_map" does that mean that the UV for the model's verts has to be alligned so that it covers the entire surface as a single mesh? If so, how do you get around more complex objects that would be hard to unwrap into a single plane?

Just thinking out loud, Specterdragon
Re: Need help with ello's simplegold shader [Re: Specterdragon] #51003
08/11/05 06:28
08/11/05 06:28
planet.earth
ello Offline
Senior Expert
ello  Offline
Senior Expert

planet.earth
if you like to, you can send me a link for your model and i can try to create the goldshader for you.
just dont give me a deadline

www.earthcontrol.de
quoted: We want to maintain a clean, decent, American family suited forum look... which means you may post zombies or chainsaw massacres, but no erotic.
Re: Need help with ello's simplegold shader [Re: ello] #51004
08/11/05 11:43
08/11/05 11:43
Panama City, FL
S
Specterdragon Offline OP
Specterdragon  Offline OP
S

Panama City, FL
Well, to be honest, I didn't have a spcific model in mind. I was trying it on EVERYTHING LOL... terrain, buildings I downloaded from the net, simple polyhedrons, etc. So any working example would be sufficient becuaes I have failed to make one that works *chuchles*

As to deadlines?? I definetly know how that goes... I'm supposed to be working with the MySQL plugin, getting the basics of that down and instead I'm here trying to turn lead into gold.

Just thinking out loud, Specterdragon
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Blink, Hummel, Superku 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de