by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro, dr_panther), 1,297 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 3
Page 17 of 40 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 39 40
Re: Map-Editor - Poll [Re: Gho5tFac3K1llah] #52303
10/22/05 17:50
10/22/05 17:50
Munich, Bavaria, South of Germ...
TripleX Offline OP
Expert
TripleX  Offline OP
Expert

Expected Release Date: When its done..
Maybe there will be a big changing in the release in the near futur.. If everything goes the correct way, you will be surprised

Next big feature will be the total rework of the Design elements to an innovative and fast GUI.

Triple-X

Re: Map-Editor - Feature List [Re: TripleX] #52304
10/29/05 10:50
10/29/05 10:50
TripleX Offline OP
Expert
TripleX  Offline OP
Expert

No screenshots but the complete feature list.. I don't think there will be another Big feature but of course I'll thnik over new feature wishes.
All big features (of course every big features has subpoints (like the point browser has the subpoints Entity Browser and Creation Browser):

- Material Editor (features like edit, create and delete)
- Model Editor (features like edit settings, create, delete, morph and much moer)
- Light Editor (create new lights in the world, edit, light for material testing)
- Terrain Editor (features like painting and deforming)
- Protocol (everything you've done is listened here and can be made undone - like in photoshop)
- Browser (entity navigation browser with allowed multi-editing, file browser with allowed multi-creation and pre-settings)
- Optimizer (Map-Optimizer, Statistics with Graphs and much more)
- Map Settings (assigned Script file, ambient, general Map-Effects and much more)
- HUD-Editor (Edit Panel positions etc.)
- Particle Editor (create new particle effects, maybe change old ones.. only general settings like red,green blue etc.)
- Script-Controller (containing features like: watch variables and strings, change the values of variables, strings, arrays etc. )

suggestions and commtents are welcome
Triple-X

PS: I hope you accept that the development will take a long time (maybe around 3-4 months?) until the finish.. Because of the many features..And I hope you accept that you probably wont get this editor for free (for what price will rely to some factors.. more infos in the futur)

Re: Map-Editor - Feature List [Re: TripleX] #52305
10/29/05 11:39
10/29/05 11:39
Portugal - Brazil
XNASorcerer Offline
Expert
XNASorcerer  Offline
Expert

Portugal - Brazil
3 - 4 months? I think that there is a virus walk around here. First, Conitec had it. More than 10 months. Now, TripleX got it also.:(

Man, I am just kidding. Of course that we will wait. And we will pay the price also, unless Conitec release all these features with A6.
Keep the good work!

Re: Map-Editor - Feature List [Re: XNASorcerer] #52306
10/30/05 12:04
10/30/05 12:04
Deutschland/Hessen
GS_Raphael Offline
Developer
GS_Raphael  Offline
Developer

Deutschland/Hessen
sorry ich hab mir nicht den ganzen thread durchgelesen..-. also falls ich irgendwas wiederholen sollte... :

kann ,man mit dem (beiläufig unglaublich eindrucksvollen) map editor auch levelblöcke erstellen oder ist er *nur* dazu gedacht, vorhandene levelgeometrien mit "leben" (models, materials, effekte usw...) zu füllen?
eine der größten mankos des 3dgs besteht nämlich meiner meinung nach in der doch sehr mangelhaft zu bearbeitenden levelgeometrie... man wird es einfach nicht schaffen, einen schönen runden tunnelgang mit kurven zu machen, ohne auf furchtbare kanten zu stoßen... (was mit dem editor zu unreal 2 zb schon super möglich war)
ansonsten find ichs super, was du da machst, auch wenn ich bei summen über 10-20 euro einfach nicht mehr so bezahlfreudig wär, da man ja für dads 3dgs schon so verdammt viel geblecht hat - ich bin musiker, dass bedeutet ich bin arm

GRafiker bei Sechsta Sinn
Re: Map-Editor - Feature List [Re: GS_Raphael] #52307
10/30/05 13:02
10/30/05 13:02
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Also ich kann das natürlich nicht so genau wie Triple beantworten, aber meines Wissens, ist es weitaus schwieriger, die Levelgeometrie zu ändern, zumal die ja auch kompiliert werden müssten, Schattenmaps berechnet usw. Ich bin nicht sicher, ob es dafür Schnittstellen im SDK gibt. Vermutlich nicht.

Ich finde allein das Setzen und Ändern von Modellen spart soviel Zeit, wenn man wirklich Level und Spiele erstellt, dass es weitaus mehr als nur 20 Euro wert wäre (aber das ist meine Meinung als jemand, der so ein Tool dringend braucht und damit effektiv Zeit und Geld sparen wird).

Viele Grüße,
Frank

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Map-Editor - Feature List [Re: Machinery_Frank] #52308
10/30/05 13:32
10/30/05 13:32
TripleX Offline OP
Expert
TripleX  Offline OP
Expert

1) Das erschaffen von Level-Geometrie wäre möglich ist aber noch nicht geplant - Mal sehen...
2) Das Preis-Managment wird n bisal anders ablaufen.. Wirst hoffe ich keine 10-20€ zahlen müssen.. Dazu in ca. einem Monat mehr.

mfg
Triple-X

Re: Map-Editor - Feature List [Re: TripleX] #52309
10/30/05 18:40
10/30/05 18:40
Thüringen
SFMAT4 Offline
SFMAT4  Offline

Thüringen
Hello,

I want to go a new way with creating a new GUI for Gameedit by design a new navigation concept.
The menue items are connected eachother in two main categories. Once you have clicked on a Symbol a tool-section will be opened. The clearly arranged tool section is realised by the connection of the tools with lines to the items. An other click of a tool will open the properties window for detailed settings. You can also deactivate the auto opening of the properties window. (The window is connected with a line too). My question: Do you think the concept is intuitional, concise and creative?

Best regards
SF

Last edited by SFMAT4; 10/31/05 10:44.
Re: Map-Editor - Feature List [Re: SFMAT4] #52310
10/31/05 12:55
10/31/05 12:55
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Quote:

Do you think the concept is intuitional, concise and creative?

creative? Absolutely, yes! And it looks beautiful!

concise? Yes.

intuitional? I suppose that you will create unique images for the buttons. Then it takes a few trials to learn their meaning and it will work.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Map-Editor - Feature List [Re: Machinery_Frank] #52311
10/31/05 14:42
10/31/05 14:42
USA
Guardian Offline
Serious User
Guardian  Offline
Serious User

USA
Reminds me of Alias Sketchbook, which I like very much for its ease of use. Good luck with this hope it works out.

Guardian

Guardian

Game Models
Re: Map-Editor - Feature List [Re: Guardian] #52312
11/01/05 22:55
11/01/05 22:55
USA
Guardian Offline
Serious User
Guardian  Offline
Serious User

USA
Hi TripleX, here are a couple of things I have thought of that would be nice to have in your editor. First I would like more Artistic control over plants vegetation, (sprite object placement), and terrain painting. Say you had an old rotting log you wanted to paint in editor and then cover with moss and fern sprites. Here is a list of attributes for such.

If this was in a form of a paintbrush or airbrush with the following features associated. I guess this sounds like a sprayable grass follow script plus a bit.

1) Gravity for sprites and objects 2) distance fading 3) make resident or follow player 4) follow player for specified distance 5) make panted scene in all directions 6) objects have AI know which level or what model they belong to 7) plant models or sprites know what terrain they are over and will not propagate on roads for example

2) At some future date you might consider adding model and other formats to your editor to make it more marketable. I've seen some converters for various model types etc.

3) Better control over camera position and movement than other exterior editors.

Just my thoughts. I'm not sure if this is useful or coherent but I hope it helps the outdoor level editor part.

Guardian

Guardian

Game Models
Page 17 of 40 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 39 40

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de