by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 801 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 2
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: fastlane69] #52948
11/11/05 00:20
11/11/05 00:20
California, USA
bupaje Offline
Expert
bupaje  Offline
Expert

California, USA
Well, I just cruised by and it is not in my nature to get into public disputes (unless it pushes one of my 9 my hot buttons ) -this really doesn't but I'll say this ...

1 - nunofontoura -and everyone else- speaks only for themselves.
2 - Loco gets nothing but thumbs up from me
3 - Mad Max? Not unless there was a version 3 that included aliens. People tossed around suggestions like post apolyptic world, wasteland, protectorate and I did my best to throw them in the stew and spit out a basic but original concept -while also taking into consideration the scrolling platforms and what the modelers and programmers would have to do - to the best of my ability and limited time. I am wholly responsible for any innane ideas, grammatical mistakes and meandering thoughts -so don't even think of giving Mel Gibson the credit!

As for the rest -peace, love and happiness! I am always amazed when people are ready to go to battle for little things! Loco had a good idea, he tried, some others tried to differing degrees, it didn't work but no noobs or veterans were killed in the process -so what's the big deal? I also learned a few things from the experiment so let's focus our energies on more productive things. I'm back to my homework now. Be good and play nice.

Find me at: |Stormvisions| Twitter|
Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: bupaje] #52949
11/11/05 01:04
11/11/05 01:04
USofA
fastlane69 Offline
Senior Expert
fastlane69  Offline
Senior Expert

USofA
It's just frustrating to have "kiddie" forum members treat solid contributing memebers like that and its a big reason why 3DGS gets the "kiddie" reputation it does and why people are leaving in droves.

Like you Bupaje, I had left this thread be until that one post just broke me. I figured he spoke for himself and I just wanted Loco to know (although I"m sure he hears it enough) that his efforts are appreciated and whether they succeed or fail, we all learn something in the process.

Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: fastlane69] #52950
11/11/05 03:10
11/11/05 03:10
California, USA
bupaje Offline
Expert
bupaje  Offline
Expert

California, USA
I hear you. I love this forum and guys and gals that so freely give of thier time and talent. Loco is certainly one of them.

Find me at: |Stormvisions| Twitter|
Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: bupaje] #52951
11/11/05 16:59
11/11/05 16:59
Iraq , Baghdad
Spider_Man Offline
Spider_Man  Offline

Iraq , Baghdad
yes , Loco speaks straight and honestly always .. he is a very dedicated person and you can feel it when you work with him really.

Spider_Man 3D Modeling, Website Services, my profile "osama Al Ani": www.vlprojects.com www.vlprojects.com/artwork
Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: Spider_Man] #52952
11/14/05 12:27
11/14/05 12:27
Germany/Nürnberg
Juppp Offline
Developer
Juppp  Offline
Developer

Germany/Nürnberg
Quote:

@Silent_Assassin: No, you wouldn't. Unless you would love have no oppinion at all (except for the minor things), have a ditactor as a "manager" who complains all the time and point no directions at all, stay stopped for 2 weeks waiting one people works in its "original" story (which, btw, was already filmed, and it was named "mad max"), then you'll love to join the "experiment".

Well, you would love to join the experiment, too, If you want just to wait for the game script - after all, nobody could help our writer (pulitzer prize winner), or point some problems with the story. You would love search the forum threads and think: "oh my god, they didn't move one step forward with this?". But, maybe you would prefer to chat with the godfather in the msn and read from his: "the story is fine, the game story is almost ready, we are not stuck on this, everything is just perfect".

But I think I know what you would love the most: see, when the project finishes, some irresponsible messages, point the "damn newbies" as the real responsible for the failure of the experiment. Kennedy was shot; let's blame the driver.

This is ridiculous.

I know what I did right and wrong in this project. One thing I didn't do: I didn't put my mistakes on other people's shoulders.

I swear to god I will not write in this thread again. If you - no just you, Silent_Assassin, but everybody who belived in godfather's words without listening the both sides of the story -, if you, I repeat, want to belive in this, fine to me.

But, one advice. Always be aware of someone who talk bad things from other people behind their back. Just because he has 120 000 posts is he right? This is a fallacy. Argumentum ad verecundiam.

funny stuff...

well, I have to agree with fastlane 100%, i enjoyed it as a programmer, i learned alot new things in that short time, even if it failed. Expecially the script, i liked it alot :P Was fun to improve it every day, and i think it's already a good small example for newcomers to use.

Working together with Locoweed is always a pleasure. Doesn't matter to me at all that this project failed. I know he is decent :P

Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: Juppp] #52953
11/14/05 15:34
11/14/05 15:34
New Brunswick, Canada
Ayrus Offline
Serious User
Ayrus  Offline
Serious User

New Brunswick, Canada
I agree with Jupp and Fastlane 100%. Even though it failed, I learnt something from it as well.
Quote:

No, you wouldn't. Unless you would love have no oppinion at all (except for the minor things)

And that, that is just plain funny, we had a poll that we ALL voted on to choose the game genre, Burt and myself were throwing out storyline ideas and trying to get input/ideas.... there really was no "dictator" per say and because of this, I think that there was too much freedom, causing things to lag behind and slowly falter.

Regards,
Ayrus

suprised my account is still active....
Re: Experiment 3DGS [Re: Ayrus] #52954
11/15/05 21:24
11/15/05 21:24
Planet Earth
Wiz Offline
Wiz  Offline

Planet Earth
There is a very good reason why no professional studio assembles a team before the complete game design is finished. A single person must first have an idea, and then share it with other(for example on a forum). Then shape the idea into something producable. Only when this work is done you can see what team is needed and on what timescale it is possible to make it.

People should also be willing to sacrifice a lot of spare time before applying for a project like this. Maybe we could get a discussion going on what type of game the community wants and then assemble a team when we have clearly shaped the idea.

If you make another go at this I would be most delighted to participate.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de