Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 12 of 24 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 23 24
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: Bilbo] #56432
12/15/05 18:33
12/15/05 18:33
redneck country
BoliverShagnasty Offline
BoliverShagnasty  Offline

redneck country
Name: Inner Sanctum
Genre: First Person Shooter
Description: Player starts with amnesia in a sanitarium. Goes through the game trying to figure out who he is and what's going on. Encountering ever heightening degrees of weird things along the way. Only to find out in the end that it was just a psychotic episode. (Story told through an Inner monologue)
AI: different variations. From melee, to zombie, to commen soldier. possibly friendly A.I. as well.

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: BoliverShagnasty] #56433
12/15/05 21:50
12/15/05 21:50
California, USA
bupaje Offline
Expert
bupaje  Offline
Expert

California, USA
Not sure if I'll ever get to it but my basic idea would probably be a RPG style game with some RTS elements -resource gathering and building mainly.

Enemy AI: (can be mechanical, animal, alien or human enemies)

-Ambush Hunter or Territorial AI: Animals of various types, humans, machines or maybe even traps or defense mechanisms that attack/are activated based on proximity -for example some critter lives in a sand pit but only attacks if you walk within a certain distance of his burrow. Can also include 'attached' animals -like a carnivorous tree- that can't chase you, automated defenses on abandoned alien cities that attacks only if you pass a perimeter or try to break something is another example (automated sentry)

-Roaming Predator (Pack or Solitary)- roaming animals, humans or machines with some brains that actively seek prey. What I mean by brains is a small carnivore or a single enemy with a handgun might not attack a party of 5 heavily armed men - the single predator might kill, injure, drag away or maim only one man and not kill a squad of 10 men. In some cases the primary purpose of these enemies might also be to capture (as prisoners) -instead of kill- or raid your resources. The capture one might be interesting as well as say they capture some of your allies and march them back to base you can try to free them.

-Neutral - some sort of AI for herbivores, mechanized collection bots, aliens or humans who only attack if you mess with them. Might be able to roll this with the territorial AI so they have values for proximity, tolerance_level (do they attack you as soon as you get near or if you continue to annoy them for more than x minutes), memory (how long do they remain aggravated at you after a confrontation; will they remember you attacked them once before and flee or fight you next time or resume normal grazing or whatever)

For the allies it would be good to be able to assign resources they collect so for example any soldiers with you might collect weapons and possibly food automatically -foraging in your immediate area- a medic with you might automatically collect medicine which would then all be available to the group. Maybe a 'forage_when_idle' option?

Anyway not sure if these are outside of the scope of what you intended and truthfully I am unsure if I'll ever get to make the game.

Last edited by bupaje; 12/15/05 22:44.

Find me at: |Stormvisions| Twitter|
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: bupaje] #56434
12/16/05 04:20
12/16/05 04:20
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

Name: W:TroubleU
Description: "Cephies", a hyper-intelligent, alien species which evolved from today's cephalopods, returns from the future to complete a grand experiment in infiltration. The "Cephies" have found the perfect being to aid them in speed-altering all human civilizations across the universe and throughout time. This being, known as the "W", or "Dubya", is the ultimate quick modifer, which when properly applied, will either damn or exalt all of humanity. Play the role of a confused, delusional, metamorphic "Cephie", as you decide whether the destiny-altering fast "patch" "W" is even applied, if so, whether it ultimately drags all of humanity down to the dark abyss, or raises all of humanity to a heavenly state of existence.
Squash intricate cloning, training and seeding systems, or alternately optimize and modify the mechanisms that compose and control them.
Be a device of the diabolical, a device of the saintly instead, or even betray all parties. Bonus modes: Play as secret service forces and coordinate protection and defense while earning better upgrades and greater numbers.
Play as a "Dubya" clone and try to earn "good" or "bad" grades in "Cephie" training "schools" while attempting to survive "rebel" attacks by hiding behind secret service forces and sacrificing other clones. Note: I believe in reuse, so some, but not all, of the rebels are "failed" "W" clones with accompanying rogue secret service units.
AI: Secret service units that coordinate defenses and defend protected targets, take bullets for protected targets, and when their protected target is assassinated, some that drop their weapons and surrender, some that turn around and walk away, some more that seek revenge on the assassin or the failing secret service agent by shooting, throwing guns and/or shoes and/or hair pieces, a few that shoot the body of the protected target a couple of times, an infinitesimal number that look down in shame and when you shoot them, they do an irish jig, a large number that give the assassin the middle finger, grab their crotches or moon the assassin, others that shoot themselves in the hand or foot, and a few that commit suicide.

Nevermind. After concocting this project and writing it down all within a few minutes, I've abandoned it.

The "repulsive" vectors concept appears to be ingenious.
How does the "bot" determine which "dynamic" entities are close to it?

The total lack of test dummies in your "test" screen shots is appalling.

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #56435
12/16/05 17:41
12/16/05 17:41
from the 'Burgh to Denver
CBuilder2 Offline
Developer
CBuilder2  Offline
Developer

Quote:

things like that... If you want to throw a screenshot as well to put me in the mood, feel free:)

cheers,
Aris

Aris,

It is good to see things are progressing; I hope you finish before you return to school.

Name: I cannot disclose this yet.....
Description: FPS set in unique and spooky places.
AI Needs: Basic FPS AI similar to Quake II.

CBuilder

Total_Stupidity = (Ben_Roethlisberger + Motorcycle) - Helmet
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: CBuilder2] #56436
12/17/05 00:16
12/17/05 00:16
Italy
M
Mondivirtuali Offline
User
Mondivirtuali  Offline
User
M

Italy
Name : the gates of hell
genre FPS
Description: a mad scientist found an ancient artifact and openend the gates of hell: zombies and monsters blast out. I am thinking if ambient the game in a Mars base ..
Ai needs: melee combat with different reaction(slow, faster, smarter) ,friendly Ai or team vs team. A feature that I would like is team shooting vs team zombies .

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: Mondivirtuali] #56437
12/17/05 15:18
12/17/05 15:18
Wisconsin USA
FoxHound Offline
Expert
FoxHound  Offline
Expert

Wisconsin USA
Name: King Foxhound
Genre FPS
Description: you bash people with a stick who don't agree that Foxhound is king! You bash people with a stick who do agree Foxhound is king, but not as hard.

---------------------
There is no signature here.

QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: FoxHound] #56438
12/18/05 08:23
12/18/05 08:23
Under your couch
Silent_Assassin Offline
Developer
Silent_Assassin  Offline
Developer

Under your couch
lol great idea foxhound

Visit us at www.m-tec-development.com WIP - Urban Conflict
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #56439
12/20/05 14:29
12/20/05 14:29
CBuilder2 Offline
Developer
CBuilder2  Offline
Developer

Aris,

How is it coming along? Do you think you'll finish it before you return to school?

Thanks,

CBuilder

Total_Stupidity = (Ben_Roethlisberger + Motorcycle) - Helmet
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: CBuilder2] #56440
12/20/05 21:40
12/20/05 21:40
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
hi everyone,

CBuilder, most probably. It's all I do all day here, I'm going nuts but it's well worth it.

If things go as planned, I'll have the final demo ready to upload tonight. Anyone who is interested in Intense Ai should download this demo, cause it's your chance to let me know what's right and what's wrong with it. I've worked with this project for so long that I can't really decide what looks "good" or not anymore, so I need your help! Once it passes this final test, I'm releasing it!

Oh and thanks for your game ideas everyone. Keep them coming, I learn from them. When I'll get some time, I'll post here for each idea individually, what is possible to do already, what's not and what is planned for a future version, out of all the Ai needs you wrote.

Cheers and thanks for waiting:)
LLaffer

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #56441
12/21/05 09:25
12/21/05 09:25
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
As it turns out, I won't release the demo yet. The level I made is just too ugly, so I'll wait for the one being made by proffesionals to display the Ai in. Meanwhile, I'm working on debuggers, commenting code, fixing bugs and writting documentation. So here's some shots with the new debugger enabled, inside my ugly level:)

A group of three enemies walking by me. Their Leader is following a path, and the other two are following their leader.

An enemy bot found my ally who tried to take cover

A battle shot - me and my ally against four

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Page 12 of 24 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 23 24

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de