by flink. 04/21/24 07:12
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Quad, Akow, 7th_zorro), 756 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Action RPG #61229
12/28/05 06:04
12/28/05 06:04
San Antonio, Tx
Van_Railey Offline OP
Van_Railey  Offline OP

San Antonio, Tx
*If you don't care to read all of this just the important parts just read the parts with "#" next to it.

First off before I talk about the game I would like to give my apologies to the lead producer of Romac Studios. I was a 3D modeler for the game Action Bird a long time ago, but I eventually quit do to a hobby of creating a 3D Modeler, which I know it can be quite irritating for team members to quit on the project, which if you have a request for any models, I will gladly help you, plus my modeling skills have improved since then. So far I just helped a guy called Pierre to develop a 3D Modeler called PPModeler which I currently use for modeling. I also apologize to the screen name of "Creature" for not responding to your private messages. It's just that I haven't been to this website in a long time, its best to email me.

O.K. now to information about the game.

# The game is named Ultraus Of Domination, which will be an off-line Action RPG in hopes to someday being an MMO-Action-RPG. I wanted this project to initially be a massive multiplayer online game, but I have no experience in making this type of game, maybe if there was someone that could help me with this to make it possible, but I'm still set on making the game off-line first, so the game can have off-line and online capabilities. After the game is made and published everyone will receive an even pay on their contribution to the project. And after the MMOARPG is made everyone who contributed and contributes to the project will receive an even pay.

# The team I need for the game is at least:

1) Producer- A person with a Pro. Edition of A5 or A6 Engine to assemble the game so you will need general knowledge of making a simple game by yourself, such as in the 3DGS studio tutorial.

1) Menu Programer- A person who can program the game menus and user interface.

3) AI Programer- If you can program the smart movement of enemies on land along with in the sky.

2) Action Programer-
If you can program player actions along with a level up system.

1) Event Programer-
If you can program event entities to trigger certain action such as cut screens or other functions relating to this matter which will be detailed later.

1) Particle Programer- Program various particles for magic attacks and machinery.

1) Sprite Designer/Animator-
If you can make a sprite along with animation to go with it.

2) Concept Artist-
Drawing skills with fantasy environment, and or characters, color will not be needed.

2) Texturer-
If you have experience with making and applying textures in MED.

2) 3D Modeler-
Being able to make models from concept art and (not necessary) make up models from scratch.

2) Level Designer- This game will have a big world, so if you have the skills to make fantasy colossal land scrapes with textures along with fantasy buildings with textures.

2) 3D Animator-
If you can animate characters and other objects for MED, along with frame names.

3) CGI Animator-
You don't need to have to have knowledge of MED but you do need know how to make movie animations and render them to an AVI output, which some sequences will involve war scenes. These animations will involve complex animations, so team work of this field will be of essence. I would advise a free animator (such as anim8or) so this job field team can work together easier while one renders the scene.

1) Sound Effect-
If you are able to make sound effects of various noises into WAV format.

2) Musician-
If you have a band or if you can make a few songs with at least a Yamaha piano with an Acid Music Mixer software or nice sounding music with a music match type software. (All of these are just examples the point is if you can make nice music and put them in a WAV format.)

1) Website Designer-
If you can make a website to upload certain types of data and game information.

Total of 27 Members.

# All members will be required to download AIM so the team can associate with each other and work as a team. I tried to separate the jobs into small fields of concentration or shall I say a smaller field of concentration so no one is pounded with multiple jobs. So mainly all you have to do is concentrate on mainly one aspect of the game, but if you have any suggestions about certain aspects of the game then we can discuss it as a team. In order to be in part of making a game I guaranty that each one of us played a game before and know some ideas of how the game can be made better.

# If you want to join the game development team just send me an email with the subject being the job field that you want to join at Elijahray@AOL.Com and maybe some of your previous work if possible or at least what you are experienced at and what you believe you can do.

Just to say if you are a "newbie" at the game development field but you are good at what you do, then I'll help you fit in, because I believe I lot of people underestimate newbies new at making a game. If you are at least experienced at you job field but never created a game, you're in!

# When I receive your email I send you information about the game such as game features, story line, and a test level with a screen shot. I don't like to just propose a game and not have any data are information backing it up so I made a simple test level with one character model I made and one enemy I made without any textures or animation and put them in a simple made boxed-in level while also having a screen shot of the level. I made this level in just less than an hour, so I can just imagine with a large team, what could be done in just a month's time.

My strongest profession is 3D Modeling (you can view my models at PPModeler.Com in the "Work" forum under OmegaUltraus). I know how to texture, animate, design levels and have a little bit of knowledge of programing. Literally, I have enough knowledge to make a game on my own, but I know some say its very difficult to make a good game by yourself, let me be the first at least one of the few to say that if you have a game just as 3D Game Studio and you know all of the aspects of making a game and know how to do them well you can make a good/great/or absolutely terrific game, but it would be vvvvvveeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyy time consuming. Which by the time you get finished with the project 3DGS would have already made an A9 engine. This is why I truly encourage team work and encourage the members to get AIM to easily work with each other.

I found out in my programing class when I was programing in Java, that my team would be one of the first ones to finished when we worked together by piecing our codes of program together instead of doing what everyone else did at first. Worked on one computer and tried to make the whole program and analyze all of the errors of the whole page compared to me and my teammates just fixing the errors on a part of the program then combined our codes when finished. I did a similar method in my animation class with lightwave and finished earlier than others almost all the time.

# So if you see a job field with 2 or more people required for the position than you all will be working together (most of the time, depending on the field) on one thing at a time. Believe me when I say it will go a lot smoother this way. In some cases you may feel like you're doing nothing, but in the end game result you will see how much you've truly helped to due.

# I will start accepting portfolios as of today but the game development will start on January 1st.

PS
Sorry for the length of this message.

Last edited by Van_Railey; 12/28/05 07:02.

Search the future to understand your past. Remember the past to help your future.
Re: Action RPG [Re: Van_Railey] #61230
12/28/05 08:42
12/28/05 08:42
Wisconsin USA
FoxHound Offline
Expert
FoxHound  Offline
Expert

Wisconsin USA
Let me get this straight. You can't finish a project yet you plan to lead 27 people on a project you have little understanding of all in the idea that they will be paid when the job is done.

Next time LocoWeed passes something your way, just keep on passing it ok?

---------------------
There is no signature here.

QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
Re: Action RPG [Re: FoxHound] #61231
12/28/05 10:35
12/28/05 10:35
Finland
Ambassador Offline
Serious User
Ambassador  Offline
Serious User

Finland
Man... if you are going to lead a 4 man team you are going to have problems, if you are going to lead a 7 man team you will have more than just problems, if you are going to lead a 10 man team it is going to break apart pefore you have even gatherd all of the members... if you are going to lead a 27 man team you are not going to get even 4 people working on it...

Re: Action RPG [Re: Ambassador] #61232
12/28/05 15:46
12/28/05 15:46
Wisconsin USA
FoxHound Offline
Expert
FoxHound  Offline
Expert

Wisconsin USA
So no problems then!

---------------------
There is no signature here.

QUIT LOOKING FOR ONE!
Re: Action RPG [Re: FoxHound] #61233
12/28/05 17:22
12/28/05 17:22
Finland
Ambassador Offline
Serious User
Ambassador  Offline
Serious User

Finland
optimist... XD

Re: Action RPG [Re: Ambassador] #61234
12/28/05 17:25
12/28/05 17:25
BagEnd, Hobbiton, The Shire, E...
B
Bilbo Offline
Senior Developer
Bilbo  Offline
Senior Developer
B

BagEnd, Hobbiton, The Shire, E...
in order to work properly people need motivation and as the great F.W. Taylor said (see the principles of scientific management) mans main motivator is money. im sorry but you willl not get a team of 27 people together especially if you have very little influence on these forums. the majority of us do not know you even if you have been a part of these forums for 3 years you only have 12 posts which shows how little interest there has been from you in the comunity until now :/

http://Lonewolfstudios.syxe.com - now in php! Bah, I'm nerd enough to enjoy the rattling ~ laethyn
Re: Action RPG [Re: Bilbo] #61235
12/28/05 21:20
12/28/05 21:20
San Antonio, Tx
Van_Railey Offline OP
Van_Railey  Offline OP

San Antonio, Tx
FoxHound Said: Let me get this straight. You can't finish a project yet you plan to lead 27 people on a project you have little understanding of all in the idea that they will be paid when the job is done.

*I don't know what you mean by wanting to lead 27 people and haven't finished a project. I was helping to develop a 3D Modeler called PPModeler for some time now. I announced that I would be doing this before leaving the forum.

Bilbo Said: in order to work properly people need motivation and as the great F.W. Taylor said (see the principles of scientific management) mans main motivator is money. im sorry but you willl not get a team of 27 people together especially if you have very little influence on these forums. the majority of us do not know you even if you have been a part of these forums for 3 years you only have 12 posts which shows how little interest there has been from you in the comunity until now :/

*Just to say, I bought 3D Game Studio 3 years ago, but my main focus was to do 3D Modeling for a game. I really never made post on this forum because I would just email the developer if I wanted to join. I mean if you can do something right then you can do it right. I really don't believe that a person should be posted judged on the amount of post they made. I think it should be judged on their talent. I mean just because a person have a thousand post doesn't mean they can really do anything, because I know a lot of the post that are made are mainly comments.

I've been helping to develop a 3D Modeler (PPModeler) for about 2 years. While making 3D Models for a game for about a year worth. Took a class for programing applications (which also involved making a few 2D games with programing).

I have to addmit, after being away from this forum for about 2 years, I've seen that the community here has taken some what of a negative turn. I've seen more posts be made to flame at people trying to start a game. Not to say that criticizism is bad, but to some it may be down-setting. I would at least try to incourage them on, maybe more project would get done that way with some positive motivation.
I will continue working on this project even if I have to do it alone (not to say I want it that way...LOL). I do feel that it will be a little difficult with a 27 man/woman group at first, but one thing people are good at rather they know it or not is adaption. It may be difficult at first since no one will know what to do, what to work, and how to cooperate. Eventually it will gradualy become easier once everything is situated.

I'm not trying to "Flame" at anyone, just make a settle point. (Which of course naturally their will be disaggreements.)

Search the future to understand your past. Remember the past to help your future.
Re: Action RPG [Re: Van_Railey] #61236
12/28/05 22:30
12/28/05 22:30
TheExpert Offline
Senior Developer
TheExpert  Offline
Senior Developer

It's not negative turn

some of us have lived some experiences , so we can give you some advices.

I've worked with 4 little teams ( 4 to 6 people max) to try to make games,
i had never finished one or seen one finished or a good beta with these teams :
why :

cau we do it for fun and during free time : it's not a real work ,
we don't work all day in it.
And in a team the members hav a real life , and sometimes they must leave
the project and yiou can't continue without some essential people ,
or the game will progress very slowly : it will take a year and not two , or more ...

That's not easy at all ,and finishing a real , complete game with good
graphics,animations,menus, gameplay , levels etc ...
believe me it takes lot lot lot of work , and you're not sure to finish it !

So 27 people , that's not realistic , you don't have a prototype or some
models and level to show, it's the beginning , so if you find some 4
people interested that work all weeks with you , it will be an
incredible start

just to compare (and laught a little )
Another people here wanted to make a game as good as GTA with 3DGS
the real GAT on PC is 100 and more people working 2 years to make it ,and working all the days fully 24 hours ,
so don't dream making it with 4 or 27 people in one year and working in it
soem hours per week
you'll need 4 years and in 4 years GTA San Andreas will be available for 5 Euros
on PC.

For MMORPG : anyone can have great free ones, that you and your team
will not achieve same quality or complete game :

http://www.gamengame.com/en/gametour/game_guide.php?game_no=1&game_genre=01

i've played it ; and graphics are professionnals; the game iis free
why would a play your 3DGS MMORPG , not as good and powerfull ??

some others :
http://www.gamengame.com/en/gametour/game_guide.php?game_no=14&game_genre=01
http://www.gamengame.com/en/gametour/game_guide.php?game_no=10&game_genre=01

Be original , see what will make people to play your game instead
of others, and be realistic 27 people ...

Last edited by TheExpert; 12/28/05 22:33.
Re: Action RPG [Re: TheExpert] #61237
12/29/05 01:15
12/29/05 01:15
OptimuS Offline
OptimuS  Offline

he is right it is a negative turn ... I can even say I'm a little afraid to post in Showcase I because of those posts before 1 year I posted some screens of a level , a bar. I dont think there were people that didnt liked it but when I saw a post for a project that I recently started helping with ... those people almost were banned
and , to say about the number of posts and reputations & other things that makes everybody important here...I think only 3 people from this forum know me all of you may have seen my nickname somewhere but , have you seen something made by me ? Nope (you will :P soon) but that doesnt meen that I'm a newbie or I cant do anything. I have 300 posts and those were only from asking questions and expanding my knowledge.
Van Railey , I wish you luck with the team , will be hard to get 27 team members even when you are not gonna pay them , and , know that 3DGS is a powerful tool and can manage a simple Action RPG with a good graphics (simple for 3DGS :P not for the team that will make it )
and BTW , about :
Quote:

of others

graphics isnt everything game-play is !

Re: Action RPG [Re: OptimuS] #61238
12/29/05 02:01
12/29/05 02:01
Tennessee
AlexGFX Offline
Senior Developer
AlexGFX  Offline
Senior Developer

Tennessee
Quote:

he is right it is a negative turn ... I can even say I'm a little afraid to post in Showcase I because of those posts before 1 year I posted some screens of a level , a bar. I dont think there were people that didnt liked it but when I saw a post for a project that I recently started helping with ... those people almost were banned
and , to say about the number of posts and reputations & other things that makes everybody important here...I think only 3 people from this forum know me all of you may have seen my nickname somewhere but , have you seen something made by me ? Nope (you will :P soon) but that doesnt meen that I'm a newbie or I cant do anything. I have 300 posts and those were only from asking questions and expanding my knowledge.
Van Railey , I wish you luck with the team , will be hard to get 27 team members even when you are not gonna pay them , and , know that 3DGS is a powerful tool and can manage a simple Action RPG with a good graphics (simple for 3DGS :P not for the team that will make it )
and BTW , about :
Quote:

of others

graphics isnt everything game-play is !

I have to say, while some of this is true, most is not. The times when people get flamed are usally the threads like this, with people wanting to make the greatest game ever, and not mentioning pay.... You'll never make a good game unless you're willing to take risks, and that risk is called money, no professional is gonna work for you on the hope that you might finish a game, no matter how good the concept or the story may be.

Personally no matter what i have posted in SC i've always got constructive and honest feedback, If i post something that totally sucks, I want the guys here to tell me, otherwise I'm never gonna push myself to make better levels, models, scripts, whatever the content may be. Yes, I will admit there are some user's that take it overboard, like the ones that say OMGZ THAT SUX! which i haven't seen for a very long time i might add.

Regardless, you can find constructive critism in everything, the people that posted here, were trying to keep him from making a mistake, and you have to admit wanting 27 people to work on a game that is you're dream for free is simply not going happen.

Try not to take things so personal, when people post stuff like this there intent is to try and help you, even while it may sound rude.

-Alex

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de