by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (ozgur, degenerate_762, 7th_zorro), 1,075 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Action RPG [Re: AlexGFX] #61239
12/29/05 09:40
12/29/05 09:40
San Antonio, Tx
Van_Railey Offline OP
Van_Railey  Offline OP

San Antonio, Tx
HOLY CRAP!!! I've goten 19 emails relating to job fields, and 10 of them are programers. I was expecting more modelers, level designers, and animators, but not more programers. I thought I would have to crack the whip and do most of the programing....lol. All I need is a website designer and CGI Animators. I have 3D Animators, but no one wants to take the CGI Animator job. So if there is anyone who wants to take this job, please send me an email. Also, if it just so happens that anymore programers want to send in an application....well.. I guess I will accept you because I just want to see who really knows their stuff when it comes to programing. So far only 4 of them had 2D game demos or some other stuff to show off their programing skill. Also, someone said they could help with the management and had experience in the business field (I'll have to see about that), but he can also do 3D Animation.
I also had the liberty to have a mini team chat with some of the members which went exceptionally fast and successful Which is why it's very important to have the same instant messager amoung the team. Things are looking very swell at the moment. Well, January 1st is coming up, so things are about to get started. I was hoping that out of the thousands of people that own 3D Game Studio I could at LEAST get 27 of them. Thanks for the support.

Search the future to understand your past. Remember the past to help your future.
Re: Action RPG [Re: Van_Railey] #61240
12/29/05 09:51
12/29/05 09:51
Finland
Ambassador Offline
Serious User
Ambassador  Offline
Serious User

Finland
Well man keep us updated on this project . If you realy succeed in making it trough the first month this project could be fairly interesting...

Re: Action RPG [Re: Ambassador] #61241
12/29/05 17:46
12/29/05 17:46
mk_1 Offline

Expert
mk_1  Offline

Expert

Just some things that have been gathered in the past:

Quote:

MMORPG threads

You want to create the ultimate MMORPG which won't be like any other the world has ever seen? Well then, I'll give you some facts:

a) Acknex is an allround engine designed to fulfill the needs of every 3d game as well as possible thus being extremely flexible. It also means that there're several restrictions to level design and of course programming. Acknex (yet) uses an easy to use scipt language that was created mainly for single player games and therefor isn't really capable of handling a large amount of clients if you aren't a very good programmer.

b) There're different engine versions: Only the commercial and professional edition contain the multiplayer feature, commercial only up to four players and only the pro edition can use a dedicated server. If you don't own a professional edition you have to buy it and it's not that cheap.

c) A MMORPG costs a lot of money. You need a lot of pc's to test your game, servers on which you can run the game and of course a lot of people. The game itself needs moderators and of course a game of that size needs a lot of manpower. Most guys here have a full time job and use Acknex for fun. Don't expect to find someone that sacrifices four or more years for a project that might be canceled due to financial problems or a small team that just has no progress. Work has to be paid.

d) Multiplayer programming requires a lot of skills. The programming architecture is a lot different to single player games. It's not more difficult but different and the loss of time to optimize your code is very high. Only a few on the forums know the insights of multiplayer programming and they're working on their on projects. Again you'll only find someone if you pay him.

e) If you still believe you can afford the money, the time, the stress that'll come with development one last thing: Do you really think you've planned your game enough to finish it? Do you have a design document that contains a detailed description of the game including story line, gameplay and the like? Do you think that this game will be really worth the money you put in it?

However I wish you luck with your project.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
At all: Please save this text on your hard drive and post it whenever there's need of it.

Follow me on twitter
Re: Action RPG [Re: mk_1] #61242
12/29/05 18:21
12/29/05 18:21
OptimuS Offline
OptimuS  Offline

dont be so pessimistic , wish him luck and try to help him if you can instead if you dont agree with me , what exactly are you doing in this forum? (because it is what it is...for learning , helping & get help :P mainly...)

Re: Action RPG [Re: mk_1] #61243
12/29/05 18:28
12/29/05 18:28
Damocles Offline
Expert
Damocles  Offline
Expert

..Another announced project that will not be finished,
probably not even started in a right way.

How about you plan to make a more simple Singlyplayergame,
like a Diablo style or such?
Get a little working demo together that demanstrates the gameplay
and then search for 1 or 2 others with the same interest.
And look up that risk-management thread in general-topics.

Re: Action RPG [Re: Damocles] #61244
12/30/05 00:08
12/30/05 00:08
San Antonio, Tx
Van_Railey Offline OP
Van_Railey  Offline OP

San Antonio, Tx
Things are going to get started soon. So you all will eventually see how things go. I'll post updates of what happens and what doesn't happen. Time will eventually show how this story unfolds.

Search the future to understand your past. Remember the past to help your future.
Re: Action RPG [Re: Van_Railey] #61245
12/30/05 00:35
12/30/05 00:35
NewYork, USA
light_mystic Offline
Senior Developer
light_mystic  Offline
Senior Developer

NewYork, USA
Hello,

I can start your project off to a great start! But good things don't come cheap! If you want professional Level Design seek no further! Check out my signature! Got money? We can make your project look very nice!

-Paul

We are located on the Game Studio Download page under the category of services. Please come and visit the site. We Design professional Level Design, Models, and Textures. Level Design Dreams, LLC
Re: Action RPG [Re: light_mystic] #61246
12/30/05 08:04
12/30/05 08:04
Nebraska
DarkShadow Offline
DarkShadow  Offline

Nebraska
Hello All,

Firstly, Light_Mystic - Your team does awesome work, i've checked out your site, and i'm sure that when someone with no skills and plenty of money comes along, you will get some business, but please stop plugging your services in every Jobs offered thread. Some advice though, have your teams take a little time, explore some other tools, and when they're ready, start advertising your services on a more widespread level across the web. I also advise advertising a wider variety of services than just game related, that may bring plenty more business aswell.
Now, to business...looks like i'm going to be the producer of this game. I'd like to say that as a legitamate producer/project manager for the military, you guys are right, it often is difficult to keep your teams motivated, especially when you yourself need motivation, the best way to keep yourself and your team motivated is to keep things organized on all levels so that you can see when progress is being made, rather than looking at a great big jumblef**k. If you do well with this organization you can show your team that progress is being made and give them good words and encouragement, there's a saying that a happy worker is a good worker, if you do your job right as a leader, putting a good feeling into someone will do bigger wonders than just throwing money at them. This is particularly true in the case of quality of work, you can throw all the money you have at someone, but if they don't feel good for whatever reason, they're not going to put much care into the project at hand. Another way to keep people happy and motivated when you're on a budget is give small incentives, such as gift certificates or something free, it doesnt have to be much, just a way of saying thanks for the work you're putting in, do it randomly so your workers wonder when or who will get them, and take care not to FAVOR ANY WORKERS OVER OTHERS, this will cause the ones that never get rewarded to feel neglected and want to quit or put out bad work. Maybe these are things that noone has tried here before, but coming from someone trained and experienced in these matters, believe me these techniques work better than you may think. Ok, At this point, some of you are probably wondering who the h*ll i am. My name is James, i'm 24 and i'm in the united states military, i work as a Communications and Computer Systems Project Planner, which basically means i manage defense communications projects. I've managed the completion of two projects totalling over 1 Million USD and am currently managing 3 other projects, USD amounts undisclosed. I have a 100% success rate on all managed projects thus far. As far as game development, i've been studying all aspects of game development since the age of 16, i'm most proficient with photoshop however i am skilled in level editing aswell(and no, 3DGS is NOT the only engine i've worked with). I once was strictly a programmer, however it's been several years since i've writting anything worthwhile, but i still consider myself competant, at least. I've been involved with two teams, I led one of them, Creatures of Habit, started by someone who gave me a chance when i was a newbie and inspired me to get where i am now, he turned leadership over when he realized he didnt have what it took to lead, we produced some impressive content, however he didnt realize his impact on the team and when he left due to devotion to his college studies, the team fell apart slowly. Now, I'd like to tell you all why i've decided to join this project. Firstly, i read his post and determined that his words seemed intelligent enough that he is probably not some retarted 12 year old with a warez version of 3DGS. So then i did some research on him and found that he has been registed here since 2002, which tells me he's probably been laying low on the forums for some time, at this point i decided to believe his story about working on ppModeller. So then i e-mailed him and recieved some information about the game, i read through it and decided that even though i hate RPG games, this one seems to be very good and unique in many aspects. One thing that i base my opinion of a story on is whether it is closed to new ideas or if it's open to have new ideas plugged into it, and i see alot of room for expansion that can make this story even more unique. After considering all of these things, i can to the conclusion that this may be the project for me, so i joined. I remember back when it used to be relativly easy to find a team, now it seems people skim through threads and when they don't see $$$, they move on to the next one without even finding out what it's all about, it's a shame. That's all i have to say, i'm open for flaming so go ahead and get it over with.

James

It's tough to escape what's all in your head. PORTFOLIO - Here
Re: Action RPG [Re: DarkShadow] #61247
12/30/05 09:18
12/30/05 09:18
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Matt_Aufderheide  Offline
Expert
M

Quote:

Total of 27 Members.

Lol, this one is a classic. Good luck buddy!!

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.
Re: Action RPG [Re: DarkShadow] #61248
12/30/05 09:19
12/30/05 09:19
europe,lithuania.
mqws Offline
mqws  Offline

europe,lithuania.
when you make full this game to download ???

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de