by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 767 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Suggestion: Team Recruitment (unpaid)? [Re: Daedelus] #61582
01/05/06 04:19
01/05/06 04:19
dls Offline
dls  Offline

Look. I was just mad cause every always spoils everyone elses post.
I know there are a lot of good games being made with 3dgs.

I have not been on this fourm long enough to know that there have been failed attempts with commission work.

sorry to all.

Re: Suggestion: Team Recruitment (unpaid)? [Re: dls] #61583
01/06/06 01:35
01/06/06 01:35
S
sempronius Offline
sempronius  Offline
S

I'd like to throw my vote in for a paid jobs and help wanted forum...help wanted forum, it would really help out when trying to sort through job offers and might reduce the number flame wars that start up whenever a newbie with no previous game development experience posts their grand idea for the greatest MMORPG ever that will pay when the project is completed.

Quote:

No 1. If someone was so great at their job why are they wasting their time here?

No 2. Someone that was offering cash upfront for a big project would have thousands of dollars. And would not look here for team members.

so there is no point with the 2 job sections if one of them will never be filled

I have always been willing to help out for free when I have the time or interest in a project and I have also been paid for my work, so, in reply to the previous quote.

#1 why do I waste my time here, because game development is fun... I certainly don't suck at what I do and I probably could get a job with a small game company as a 2d texture artist if I wanted, but, I have other things going on in my life and a fun and exciting career in the world of television, game development is a hobby and something I enjoy... I am sure this is probably the case with a lot of people who waste their time here.

#2 not every project has thousands of dollars, but, $50-100 could get a developer an exclusive rights texture set that would be near AAA quality and designed for that developers game. The same goes for some of the guys who do modeling work here... I think they charge around $100-300, but that gets a developer a professional animated model designed how they want exclusively for their game.

just my $.02

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de