by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro, ozgur, Quad), 841 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Sylex Examples :) [Re: oronll] #63594
02/19/06 00:28
02/19/06 00:28
Cyrpus
Aram Offline
Aram  Offline

Cyrpus
Quote:

where is the manual?

I downloaded it in the period it was available here:
http://www.coniserver.net/ubbthreads/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/570487/page/0/fpart/1/vc/1/nt/9
and this was the link:
http://www.sunset-down.net/downloads/sylex301de_beta4.zip

but i don't think it works.

Btw, I have used the translator for all parts of it. If someone knows a good free Chm maker please tell so i can put it on the website.

Regards,

GeForce 7800 GT (256 MB DDR3) 3DGS A6 Commercial. DJ Aram
Re: Sylex Examples :) [Re: Matt_Coles] #63595
02/19/06 03:00
02/19/06 03:00
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
Yeah, I added everything to the main folder. Unsure why it's not loading... I know Sphere had problems when the .fx files weren't in the main work folder(or it wouldn't initialize), but this doesn't seem to initialize either way. Did anyone else try loading it?

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/
Re: Sylex Examples :) [Re: William] #63596
02/19/06 06:38
02/19/06 06:38
O
oronll Offline
oronll  Offline
O

ok ive mess aorund with it and now understand how post processing works with it .. but how the hell do you assign textures and models to IDS?

anyone got a render to texter example they could post?

Re: Sylex Examples :) [Re: oronll] #63597
02/19/06 11:20
02/19/06 11:20
Cyrpus
Aram Offline
Aram  Offline

Cyrpus
Guys I translated the first tutorial and the introduction. But before I continue translating the rest of it, I want to know if this is any good to you.
If you figured out how to use this documentation then let me know so i will continue my translation.

That being said, I want to let you know that i know nothing of German Language and i'm trying to translate it via http://freetranslation.paralink.com/ .
Thus, I will apologise for any inconvinience about this documentation and if there's anything
offensive or defensive toward anyone due to translation let me know and i will fix it immediately.

This is not a side by side translation because i couldn't translate all descriptions but i tried no to miss any vital instruction.

Thanks to Gruß Sebastian Leopold for his great plugin. The credits goes to Gruß Sebastian Leopold.

in german: Dank Gruß Sebastians Leopolds für seinen Steck- Grossen. Die Autorenangaben gehen zu Gruß Sebastian Leopold.

Code:
  ||||Introduction||||
Hello,
in the following paragraph I will try to briefly explain what Sylex 3.0 is used for. Sylex 3.0 is small 3D engine that works with Acknex 3D Game Studio 6.
This engine was written to be used in my project "Sunset Down" and it only works with Commercial or Professional edition of 3D Game Studio.
In this documentation you will find everything you need to know on how to work with our Plugin.

You may ask youselves about the licensing of this plugin. It is Freeware. Simply e-mail me at: SebastianLeopold@aol.com.
In the end, here's a picture from our project Sunset Down:
[TODO: I'll put the picture]

||||Tutorials||||

Tutorial 01: integrate sylex 3.0
Tutorial 01: provideing Render Targets
Tutorial 01: Useing the clip planes
Tutorial 01: Using Post-Processing
Tutorial 01: Write you own Post-Processing
Tutorial 01: Using of Sky boxing
Tutorial 01: Using of Water Objects

[b]||||Tutorial01||||
Introduction: [/b] In this Tutorial I will show you how to insert Sylex 3.0 in your projects. In addition we provide an easy project to start and again to finish.
All resources from the Plugin must be realeased again after you use them.

[b]Installation of Sylex 3.0[/b]
Sylex 3.0 comes with several files. You must copy the files in order to be able to use Sylex 3.0. We begin with the file: sylex3_csr.wdl.
This should go to you Template folder or copy it in the folder which you Script Data is located in your project. The "Sylex3.dll" goes to your acknex_plugins in 3D Gamestudio folder.
You must also copy the SLX3Content into your project folder. Once you copied the necessary files you should now be able to work with the Sylex 3.0 Plugin.

[b]Including Sylex 3.0 into your project: [/b]

At first you must include the C-Script "sylex3_csr.wdl" into your project. You do this by using the include function in C-Script.
In this Script there are a few constants that define the internal data types of Sylex 3.0 representation .
Furthermore there are prototypes of the exported DLL - to access the Sylex 3.0 Plugin functions.
You will find an explanation of the functions with example in this documentation in 'Reference' area.
You must not change this Script. But in some cases this can happen that two or several Plugins use the same Acknex 6 pointer functions.
In this case you must
remove the allocations of these pointers in this file and substitute with your own functions.

Here is how to include this file:

||Code01||
// Includes:
include <sylex3_csr.wdl>;
// TODO: Other includes go here.
// ...
/||Code01||

The next the function that must be called is SLX3Initialize(var_mode, str_title).
This function initializes Sylex 3.0 and makes the components of the Plugins ready for C-Script.
By the way, the first parameter gives the mode in which Sylex 3.0 begins and the second parameter is the title of the 3DGamestudio window.
To receive precise information about this function please check the reference in the area 'general functions'.
You should call the function at the beginning of the Main() function.
Here's an example of Main function that only Sylex 3.0 is initialized and a level loads.

||Code02||
// Main function with initialization of Sylex 3.0:
function main()
{
// Initialization of Sylex 3.0
SLX3Initialize(SLX3_RUNMODE_DEBUG,"Testanwendung mit Sylex 3.02");

// Load level
level_load("Test.wmb");

// Other functions from the Main call
}
/||Code02||

The important step about Sylex 3.0 to be able to use the Plugin correctly is to finish it properly.
This step is most important in this Tutorial because if you use Sylex 3.0 and finish it wrong it will lead to [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Memory_leak]Memory Leak[/url].
The wrong finishing mostly also leads to an error in Acknex 6 engine.
Therefore, we write the function as an example to see how to finish the plugin usage.
The two pointer functions : on_d3d_lost and on_d3d_reset must be set to NULL and then call the function SLX3DeInitialize() before the "exit" function of C-Script/Acknex 6.
In addition, you must provide some key definitions for application window to be closed properly.
For ex, clicking on X at the top-right of the window closes it or if the key F10 is pressed it will exit the software.
The key ESC usually closes the engine , therefore, we will likewise define this key. That being said, we can now begin with the code for this function:

||Code03||
// user-defined Exit function with ending of Sylex 3.0
function userdef_exit()
{
// Sylex 3.0 Deinitialization
SLX3DeInitialize();;

// Pointer functions to be reset.
on_d3d_lost = NULL;
on_d3d_reset = NULL;

// Acknex 6 Engine finishing
exit;
}

Testing definitions:
ON_ESC = userdef_exit; // Define the ESC key
ON_CLOSE = userdef_exit; // Defining the 'X' button at the top right of the window
ON_F10 = userdef_exit; // Behandlung der F10 Taste

/||Code03||

In the next Tutorials you will learn about calling of Sylex 3.0 functions and
how to use for ex, Post-Processing effects and how to show water or sky of Sylex 3.0.
If you have any problem with they tutorial or if something is not functioning properly write an email to me at: SebastianLeopold@aol.com.

Btw, If someone could give me a link of a Free CHM Maker, I can write the tutorial in it and it will not mess up the forum like this.

Re: Sylex Examples :) [Re: Aram] #63598
02/19/06 13:42
02/19/06 13:42
Greece
immersionfx Offline
immersionfx  Offline

Greece
Goes well so far!

Try this: Abee CHM Maker

Good luck!

Re: Sylex Examples :) [Re: Aram] #63599
02/19/06 14:36
02/19/06 14:36
UK, London
Dyc Offline
Dyc  Offline

UK, London
Thanks for your effort Aram, I was able to initialize the plugin, change resolutions and add bloom effect but I'm having big problems with soft shadows. SLX3ViewSetSmoothShadows(var_id,var_use);
Any help apriciated.

Re: Sylex Examples :) [Re: Dyc] #63600
02/19/06 22:40
02/19/06 22:40
Germany, Bonn
VampireLord Offline
VampireLord  Offline

Germany, Bonn
Hey Matt, been messing around with Sylex since the day XeXes gave it away but mainly with the Water Object. Funny as it may seem, I have found some errors but am still getting the most annoying of all "Crash in SLX3EffectInitialize". Have you ever been messing around with this? BTW... for anybody who would like to have motion blur only when moving around use something like this
Code:
var Blur = 1; 

function activate_MotionBlur()
{
if (Blur == 1)
{
// Blureffekte setzen
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(10,0,SLX3_PPE_HBLUR);
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(10,1,SLX3_PPE_VBLUR);
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(10,2,SLX3_PPE_HBLUR);
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(10,3,SLX3_PPE_VBLUR);
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessingEffect(10,5,0);

// Post-Processing aktivieren
SLX3ViewSetPostProcessing(10,1);
while(Blur != 0)
{

SLX3EffectSetValue(SLX3_PPE_HBLUR,0,1.5 );
SLX3EffectSetValue(SLX3_PPE_VBLUR,0,1.5 * key_force.y );
wait(1);
}

}

}

// Deaktiviert das Post-Processing
function deactivate_MotionBlur()
{
Blur = 0;
}

Need any help in translating? I am an English/German native speaker and my next 2 weeks will be boring so I am willing to help if you get me rendertargets and water to work

Greetings
Sven

"Feathers shall raise men even as they do birds, toward heaven; that is by letter written with their quills." - Leonardo da Vinci

Wer mir eine e-mail schicken will ersetze ANTISPAM durch @
If you want to send me an email replace ANTISPAM by @
Re: Sylex Examples :) [Re: VampireLord] #63601
02/19/06 23:11
02/19/06 23:11
O
oronll Offline
oronll  Offline
O

yeah explain how to define a model ? how do you assign it a number for sylex to use?

Re: Sylex Examples :) [Re: VampireLord] #63602
02/19/06 23:15
02/19/06 23:15
Cyrpus
Aram Offline
Aram  Offline

Cyrpus
Thanks for the example VampireLord,

I havn't tried the Sylex yet. I translated it to the middle of Tutorial 3. Once I finish translating I also finished learning how to work with Sylex(at least I hope). Too bad that my semester will start on 22nd of this month.

Re: Sylex Examples :) [Re: Aram] #63603
02/19/06 23:38
02/19/06 23:38
Germany, Bonn
VampireLord Offline
VampireLord  Offline

Germany, Bonn
btw...for creating chm files or even better to decompile chm files you should always use cheap (in this case meaning zero $) original quality Microsoft Software

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/defaul...lpDownloads.asp

"Feathers shall raise men even as they do birds, toward heaven; that is by letter written with their quills." - Leonardo da Vinci

Wer mir eine e-mail schicken will ersetze ANTISPAM durch @
If you want to send me an email replace ANTISPAM by @
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de