by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, NeoDumont), 761 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 24 of 56 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 55 56
Re: "Lived" FPS Game by Alienpac Software(Screens) [Re: lostclimate] #64184
11/23/06 19:45
11/23/06 19:45
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Quote:

...everyone here is just worried that someone with an incredibly old card wont be able too run it....

No. That is not true. I am not worried at all

This discussion is still nonsense, sorry to say that. But Sebcrea made the best point here. He is creating a first person shooter. This is not a tetris or a kids game with little toon characters.

So he can do what he currently does and this is good. You can make your 3d puzzle game for the fixed function pipeline but why do you generalize your opinion so much?

Re: "Lived" FPS Game by Alienpac Software(Screens) [Re: Machinery_Frank] #64185
11/23/06 20:04
11/23/06 20:04
Switzerland - Zurich
zwecklos Offline
zwecklos  Offline

Switzerland - Zurich
/signed

You always should go for the maximum!
I cheer Gratz and salutes to sebcrea and your team.
Incredible stuff, looks just fantastic!

I like the effect on your plants, makes them nearly realistic. Im looking forward to play this game once a day.
Good work! Keep going.

cheers

Zwecklos

PS for the comparison your plants with "plastique or wax", I would take this as a big complement because the materials "plastique and wax" are used to fake plants in real life

Last edited by zwecklos; 11/23/06 20:08.
Re: "Lived" FPS Game by Alienpac Software(Screens) [Re: mpdeveloper_B] #64186
11/23/06 21:15
11/23/06 21:15
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
sorry, I hate it to go offtopic, but this is realy worse: here in america, a stock pc's specs is this:

AMD Sepron 3100+ (1.80 Ghz, 256 mb l2 cache)

AMD??? Lol, AMD is the most shitty processor I know. THey are weak and expensive and have s%@!" fake names. They get hot as fast as a toaster. I must say, for some sad reason I have an AMD processor in my notebook, which is heating up my hands right now like crazy.

:L
Re: "Lived" FPS Game by Alienpac Software(Screens) [Re: EX Citer] #64187
11/23/06 21:26
11/23/06 21:26
broozar Offline
Expert
broozar  Offline
Expert

Quote:

AMD??? Lol, AMD is the most shitty processor I know. THey are weak and expensive and have s%@!" fake names. They get hot as fast as a toaster.

which is simply not true. if you made experience with a bad notebook cooling, bad for you, but as a AMD desktop user since 2002 i did never regret the choice. they are named the way they are, and they give the power of the number they are named after, which is what counts. is "pentium D 620" a name that expresses something in your mind?
i never had a cooling issue with the cpu. even with the boxed coller, everything runs fine in winter as well as in midsummer. so your 2 "reasons" are none at all.

i'd not buy a sempron, sure, but for the same reason i wouldn't buy a celeron. you can't expect the full power fro a striupped down cheap product. you only get what you pay for.

Re: "Lived" FPS Game by Alienpac Software(Screens) [Re: broozar] #64188
11/23/06 21:50
11/23/06 21:50
Straight_Heart Offline
Straight_Heart  Offline

blah blah blah,

"i think with my revolutionary new age thinking that its the gameplay that should given priority than the graphics!"

No shi_t sherlock. You can write a book about this new idea.

Of course gameplay should be given priority, but your forgetting that this is a VIDEO game, and the word "video" entails VISUALS meant for the EYE. If you can optimize the game to have a billion shaders then by all means DO IT. No one is going to complain if you have a billion shaders running if the game is running smooth, am I right?

This stupid argument pops up everytime someone posts screens of their game, and from screens that look fantastic... like LIVED.

Your game screens look amazing, hands down. You should take it as a compliment that people think the gameplay will be shallow cause graphics are awsome. Thats because they automatically assume that if one aspect of your game is excellent, then other aspects of your game should, by logic, be deficient.

Even though I dont like the tired style of "lets make every surface metal, with gratings and patches and nuts and bolts, and put some grime and add some bump maps", your game screens still look great.

You're not as unique as you think you are, try again.
Re: "Lived" FPS Game by Alienpac Software(Screens) [Re: Straight_Heart] #64189
11/23/06 22:56
11/23/06 22:56
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Quote:

Even though I dont like the tired style of "lets make every surface metal, with gratings and patches and nuts and bolts, and put some grime and add some bump maps

Though I agree with all the other sentences you said I disagree with that. How often did you you see this here in the forum except from Matt or me? We are only 2 of several thousands. And also the big companies do not go that way anymore. All the new Unreal3 powered games and Crysis do not use the specularity metal effects so intense like the first games did. The shaders are more subtle and different materials have different properties now.

You generalize like most of the other ones did before you.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: "Lived" FPS Game by Alienpac Software(Screens) [Re: Straight_Heart] #64190
11/23/06 23:07
11/23/06 23:07
mpdeveloper_B Offline
Expert
mpdeveloper_B  Offline
Expert

Quote:

No shi_t sherlock.

keep looking watson

ok well to finalize what i was saying, nice game man, i'm looking forward to a demo, and i'd like to play

Last edited by Manslayer101; 11/23/06 23:08.

- aka Manslayer101
Re: "Lived" FPS Game by Alienpac Software(Screens) [Re: Machinery_Frank] #64191
11/23/06 23:20
11/23/06 23:20
Straight_Heart Offline
Straight_Heart  Offline

who said I was talking about that style in this forum only? Theres a whole nuther world outside of this forum, and we all know that. You just proved my point," All the new Unreal3 powered games and Crysis do not use the specularity metal effects so intense like the first games did". The first ones did use this type, constantly, as you just said. Most of these screens have that. Whose saying they are ugly screens because of my taste?

And how can you disagree with my taste? "Even though I dont like the tired style", yet I said the game looks fantastic. ANd no Im not a hypocrit, for example, you dont have to like anime to appreciate the style. You could use the "If it aint broke, dont fix it" quote.

Back on topic:

I just wanted to know if that early screen showing the soldier tending to the soldier on the floor is happening in real time? Like hes a medic soldier healing a squadmate whose health dropped real low. You dont see alot of that happening in non-cutscene gameplay, looks cool.

You're not as unique as you think you are, try again.
Re: "Lived" FPS Game by Alienpac Software(Screens) [Re: Straight_Heart] #64192
11/23/06 23:34
11/23/06 23:34
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Quote:

And how can you disagree with my taste?

Your taste is just your personal matter. To be brutal honestly: I don't care much about it. But you present it here in a public forum and for me it sounded a bit disrespected. There were no appreciation at all as if you could do all that better than the artists out there

You said:
"lets make every surface metal, with gratings and patches and nuts and bolts, and put some grime and add some bump maps"

That sounds not like appreciation. It sounds like it could be done in a few minutes, easy dumb stuff, you could do it if you would like that style but hey, fortunately you don't like it.

I did it myself and I know that it can be a hard job to create textures in a commercial way:
http://www.dexsoft-games.com/scifi.html

Though I may be wrong but it would be better sometimes to show more appreciation and respect. That is my taste in this case. And I appreciate a lot in this world.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: "Lived" FPS Game by Alienpac Software(Screens) [Re: Straight_Heart] #64193
11/23/06 23:45
11/23/06 23:45
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

No one is going to complain if you have a billion shaders running if the game is running smooth, am I right?

Wake up, I hate to interrupt, but you're dreaming, we're not using the Unreal3 engine here. Besides, everyone who would like to play your game, but can't because of some shader 4.0 hardware torture, won't buy.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Page 24 of 56 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 55 56

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de