Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Quad, 1 invisible), 877 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23
Re: for doubters of God's existance [Re: TripleX] #66536
03/29/06 19:27
03/29/06 19:27
N
Neonotso Offline
Neonotso  Offline
N

I say that most certified scientists are evolutionists or at least not Christians becuase they'd probably simply get fired if they were Christians. Also, I don't know if radiometric dating is similar to carbon dating, but from what I remember, carbon dating can actually give a different result just about every time you use it (on the same fossil or whatever you're analizing). Also, am I correct in saying that carbon dating uses light in some way? Well, just so you guys know, light, I'm prettty sure, is not actually a constant... It doesn't travel at a constant speed. It slows down as time goes on (or speeds up: don't remember which... ).

Re: for doubters of God's existance [Re: Neonotso] #66537
03/29/06 19:41
03/29/06 19:41
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
WAIT! Dear people... We must unite and worship at the throne of science and Piltdown below!

WORSHIP HIM BELOW!!!

We must unite , pray and bow down at this throne above!
Because this Piltdown man WAS considered science at one time!

Worship! Worship!!!

LOL <just joking> I'm trying to make you guys laugh, but seriously though read the statement and site below.
Quote:

There is not a shred of evidence in the fossil record to link the vertebrates to any supposed ancestor among the invertebrates. Even this supposed transition was supposed to take 100 million years, not a single intermediate has ever been discovered. If vertebrates themselves have not evolved, as seems certain, evolution theory is dead, and it is foolish to speculate about evolution of groups within the vertebrates, or within any other division.

I bought this book above and it is quite interesting.

http://www.creationdigest.com/summer2005/Gish_The_Bulldog_Speaks_His_Mind.htm

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: for doubters of God's existance [Re: Neonotso] #66538
03/29/06 20:53
03/29/06 20:53
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

I say that most certified scientists are evolutionists or at least not Christians becuase they'd probably simply get fired if they were Christians

I wouldnt call these guys "certified scientists" I would call them "certified spineless jellyfish" because they are wimps which clearly do not deserve to call themselves Christians.

Quote:

Also, I don't know if radiometric dating is similar to carbon dating

carbon dating is a type of radiometric dating and it is only good for dating things up to 50000 years. It makes me wonder why there are coal with Carbon14 in it when coal is supposed to be millions of years old.

Quote:

Also, am I correct in saying that carbon dating uses light in some way?

No, cosmic rays hit neutrons in the atmosphere and those nuetrons hit nitrogen which converts it to Carbon14.

There are a bunch of variables at play when using carbon dating methods.

1)The amount of cosmic rays penetrating the atmosphere
2)The C14/C12 ratio in the atmosphere
3)A plant which take less Carbon14

Carbon dating is useless when trying to figure out the age of the earth.

Re: for doubters of God's existance [Re: NITRO777] #66539
03/29/06 21:22
03/29/06 21:22
A
AndersA Offline
AndersA  Offline
A

Quote:

Anders statement that all scientists accept evolution if they accept the scientific method is not only wrong, its moronic.

So now I'm not only "narrow minded" I'm also a moron. Charming!
Your logic saying that your own failure in understanding a very simple, obvious, and not even slightly provoking fact, makes me a moron is indeed brilliant!
Me being narrow minded is also very interesting since most scientists would say that my definition is way too liberal.
But what do I know, I'm just a moron...

Re: for doubters of God's existance [Re: AndersA] #66540
03/29/06 21:51
03/29/06 21:51
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

So now I'm not only "narrow minded" I'm also a moron.

I said your statement was moronic, not you. There is a big difference.

Quote:

If you define a scientist as a person who adheres to the scientific method, I think it's safe to state that "[a]ll scientists accept evolution" as a reasonable way to understand life.

Your statement compares the acceptance of the theory of evolution with the acceptance of the scientific method, by any basis of logic that comparison is wrong. It also goes on to say that all scientists accept this thinking which propels your statement into the realm of ridiculous.

At that point I had to assume that noone in their right mind would make this comparison so I concluded that your understanding of the scientific method must be warped.

The fact that scientist use the scientific method to prove evolution(or study evolution) is undisputed, and no scientist would argue with that. However using the scientific method to study a subject does not make the proof of that subject suddenly legitimate. We can use the scientific method to prove the existence of the loch ness monster, but the scientific method in itself does not prove anything, it just provides the superior method to approach the investigation.

Re: for doubters of God's existance [Re: NITRO777] #66541
03/29/06 23:01
03/29/06 23:01
Michigan
ICEman Offline
Developer
ICEman  Offline
Developer

Michigan
:| Honestly, this is why ICEman is researching and formulating his own theory of evolution.. because he doesnt not buy that fish can mutate into lizards, into monkeys into primeval man to modern man in any less than a trillion years given the radicality of that mutation.

ICEman definately doesnt buy that we sprang into being 6000 years ago.. ICEman has his own idea of what has actually happened.

:| So as not to further propagate this war of limitedly substantiated opinions.. He will share it in about 10 years, when the theory is fully developed.

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.
Re: for doubters of God's existance [Re: ICEman] #66542
03/29/06 23:14
03/29/06 23:14

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm going to have to bow out of this debate. I have other things I need to get done with my time. I've realized that I'm wasting it here. Its getting to the point where not visiting this thread multiple times a day means getting lost from the discussion.

It has inspired me to further investigate just about every aspect of what's being discussed. For now, I must practice guitar. Peace.

Re: for doubters of God's existance #66543
03/29/06 23:49
03/29/06 23:49
Michigan
ICEman Offline
Developer
ICEman  Offline
Developer

Michigan
xD This really isnt something that can be concluded.. its just entertainment for me.

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.
Re: for doubters of God's existance [Re: NITRO777] #66544
03/29/06 23:56
03/29/06 23:56
N
Neonotso Offline
Neonotso  Offline
N

Thanks for the answers to my questions, Nitro!

Re: for doubters of God's existance [Re: ICEman] #66545
03/30/06 02:12
03/30/06 02:12
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:

xD its just entertainment for me.

Me too brother!

And for those who want to believe in Evolution and that they came from apes, well maybe they actually did come from apes!

They came from apes and I came from God. Hey, it sounds logical to me. Oh well, back to game programming... Funny stuff these forums are though... haha

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Page 11 of 23 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 22 23

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite