Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Blobsculptor tools and objects download here
by NeoDumont. 03/28/24 03:01
Issue with Multi-Core WFO Training
by aliswee. 03/24/24 20:20
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by Edgar_Herrera. 03/23/24 21:41
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 03/06/24 09:27
VSCode instead of SED
by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Imhotep), 567 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 3 of 54 1 2 3 4 5 53 54
Re: Science and Creation [Re: jcl] #68791
04/01/06 17:51
04/01/06 17:51
Japan
A
A.Russell Offline
Expert
A.Russell  Offline
Expert
A

Japan
Most civilisations have their creation myths. I like the Japanese one with the world being shot out of Izanagi's great chinhoko during an incestuous encounter with his sister. I don't see what is so much more enlightened about the one in the Christian bible. In fact, it wasn't even very original. There is a much older Mesopotamian myth that is very similar.

Re: Science and Creation [Re: A.Russell] #68792
04/01/06 18:55
04/01/06 18:55
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
so we have to deal with some sort of ancient copyright issue?! I am shocked.

Every single religion can be connected to another. They share a lot if they where "founded" at the same time.
Christianity has a big impact from the jewish religion. The islam is based a lot on the story of jesus.

The only sad thing is though all of this religions have so much in common and share the same ideals of a perfect world people still find enough reasons to cut your head off and claim some ancient writings to be their justification.

I dont doubt evolution and so far no creatonism theory was stable enough to make me think another way.

So i am curious as well, if someone has some good points he would like to share about this i would also like to hear them. Though critics need to be allowed and statements like "it is so because its the ways its ment to be or planed or is" aint very valid.

The oldes builings found that i know of is 8000 years old. Some cave paintings on walls found show stellar constilations that if we dont doubt the stellar science and our day physics are older then 30.000 years.
Some stone relicts found are dated to be older then 100.000 years. Based on the material found and the current ice age at this time they can pretty much determine the date those "tools" where made.
From there going over to the tectonic powers and the fauna and flora spread arround the globe all of this makes a lot sense.
Why do we have some sort of animal species in one part of the world and its nowhere to find in another part, even though its the exact same climatic zone or even better suitable for them.
Why do animals share so manny comon genetics/loooks/physics and have so visible degenerations and mutations and are still different. The kangoroo looks like a huge rat. From the biological view it also can be a rat without any problems. It could even act like a rat and noone would wonder

If a superpower was capable of creating such stuff as he wanted why does everything looks so connectable.

there is not a single unique creature living on this planet that doesnt share anything with other living beings (dna, structure, physics aso)

this are for me big indicators for one theory: all live developed from some source

if anything could be created with unlimited knowledge and power a simple result would be a biger ammount of variation.
Compare architecture from today and from 4999 years ago. Knowledge change construction methods. Thus unlimited knowledge would either allow perfect constructions or a huge variety.

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: Science and Creation [Re: Blattsalat] #68793
04/01/06 19:01
04/01/06 19:01
Michigan
ICEman Offline
Developer
ICEman  Offline
Developer

Michigan
Quote:

If a superpower was capable of creating such stuff as he wanted why does everything looks so connectable.

there is not a single unique creature living on this planet that doesnt share anything with other living beings (dna, structure, physics aso)

this are for me big indicators for one theory: all live developed from some source

if anything could be created with unlimited knowledge and power a simple result would be a biger ammount of variation.
Compare architecture from today and from 4999 years ago. Knowledge change construction methods. Thus unlimited knowledge would either allow perfect constructions or a huge variety.

And this is why I refer to whatever intelligence is responsible for this universe as a creator..as opposed to a God. It's because of the above reason that I believe it to have been or be.. a being of great, comparitively (to us) infinite knowledge, and therefore comparatively (to us) infinite power in having that... rather than it being a magnanymous, omnieverything creature that springs things into being by merely saying so.

I'm ICEman, and I approved this message.
Re: Science and Creation [Re: ICEman] #68794
04/01/06 19:34
04/01/06 19:34
N
Neonotso Offline
Neonotso  Offline
N

Hi everyone, I've been away for just about the whole morning. I see you started a new topic. So, you want science to prove our creationist points? Ok. Well, I'll try to remember some of the science stuff I learned, but until then... Do you guys remember me pointing out the sun/moon distance? How about you discuss how you think your point of view can be true, with the sun/moon distance in mind?

Also guys, really if you want some good science, I keep mentioning Kent Hovind. Seriously, he has lots of evidence that's supports creationism: for free. You can watch his videos on his website: drdino.com. You only buy his videos if you want to support him and/or get the nice cases for the videos and whatnot.

Re: Science and Creation [Re: Neonotso] #68795
04/02/06 01:08
04/02/06 01:08
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Matt_Aufderheide  Offline
Expert
M

Quote:

@Matt Just because I disagree with science about some things does not mean I disagree about everything. I think your having trouble understanding this. I am not against science or scientist, I just dont believe evolution.

Sorry, if you dont accept evolution, you are against science-- there is no other explanation. Few scientific theories are as well-established, and as fundamental, as Darwinian evolution. You can't pick and choose when to believe in the scientific method. It's like saying you accept science but not Newton, and then give no real reasons. This is inherently anti-scietific.

Of course it is possible to disagree scientifically with a theory. But none of your arguments are even remotely scientific. They are emotional and irrational. This is anti-scientific. You seem to accept science only when it suits your narrow world-view.

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.
Re: Science and Creation [Re: Matt_Aufderheide] #68796
04/02/06 01:18
04/02/06 01:18
Michigan
ICEman Offline
Developer
ICEman  Offline
Developer

Michigan
I dont accept Darwinist evolution, but I consider myself a casual scientist.

Re: Science and Creation [Re: ICEman] #68797
04/02/06 01:34
04/02/06 01:34
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Expert
M

As said, if you dont accept evolution, you anti-scientific. It's saying you are Christian, but then not accpeting that Jesus was crucified.

Re: Science and Creation [Re: Matt_Aufderheide] #68798
04/02/06 02:04
04/02/06 02:04
Michigan
ICEman Offline
Developer
ICEman  Offline
Developer

Michigan
:| I said I dont accept Darwinist evolution.. not that I don't believe some form of evolution took place.. just not the bacteria-to-fish-to-lizards-to-monkeys-to-man bullwater.

Re: Science and Creation [Re: ICEman] #68799
04/02/06 03:06
04/02/06 03:06
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Expert
M

But that is established scietific fact. it cant be any clearer. The lines of genetic relationship are clearly established. You just dont like it, that doesnt mean its not true.

Re: Science and Creation [Re: Matt_Aufderheide] #68800
04/02/06 03:21
04/02/06 03:21
Michigan
ICEman Offline
Developer
ICEman  Offline
Developer

Michigan
Its a theory thats under scientific srutiny. It was accepted, but now not so much. I, on the otherhand never did..youre right.. but neither does a good part of the scientific world.

Page 3 of 54 1 2 3 4 5 53 54

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite