Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: When you die, then what? [Re: Sinthoras] #73407
05/08/06 17:10
05/08/06 17:10

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

when you die you get to redeem points during life. You have to spend these points under a certain formula:

COL+RATAB+COL_RABAB_SHISH_KEBAB

Thats the formula for my death pixel colorization for fog and persepective after death. Couple that with my awesome Zero trick and my bubsy 3d level 2 tropical music (act 2).

You then get an invincibility powerup and you can travel the world using a unique flash attack (never invented before), and you get to see panels upon panels of extraneous numbers tracking every useless statistic.

Thats what happens after you die.

Re: When you die, then what? [Re: ROMAC] #73408
05/08/06 19:33
05/08/06 19:33
The Netherlands
Helghast Offline
Expert
Helghast  Offline
Expert

The Netherlands
Quote:

Why is it that people cannot accept the fact of "nothingness", it exists all around you. Before you were born you were nothing, and after you die you are nothing. Why would you see a review or your life? It's like saying that after you die you get 3 wishes. Life isn't a Disney movie...

Gotta agree here, after death, i think there wont be anything anymore, it's like sleeping without dreaming, you just wont wake up, i think you woiuldnt even notice it.

Only thing i wish nobody, is a painfull and slow death (like suffication, burning, having a certain disease like cancer...)

that's my vision, there is nothing after this, cuz if there would be a God, and we would reincarnate, wouldnt we have allready met the man itself, now why would our memory be erased all the time then?

i dont think there are any spirits inside people, it's just bones and flesh...

regards,

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/
Re: When you die, then what? [Re: Helghast] #73409
05/08/06 20:37
05/08/06 20:37
Ca - USA
T
TS Offline
TS  Offline
T

Ca - USA
My point of view is this:

Until we have disires, and cravings, we will comeback to life(rebirth). If we managed to have clearvision (such as we are nothing 'empty'), and we gave up all of our sense disires, we will not born again. It will be like sleeping without dreaming (completly empty). Only this will end our suffering (old age, illness, broken relationships, deaths of family members, etc).

Last edited by TS; 05/08/06 20:41.
Re: When you die, then what? [Re: TS] #73410
05/10/06 05:13
05/10/06 05:13
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline
User

Wisconsin
Just be careful. Don't make the error of assuming that our entire existence is material. Scientists can explain emotions chemically, but can you explain why you actually FEEL emotions. You're just a bunch of chemicals. Your consciousness should not exist. But it does. Obviously there's something supernatural about life.

I know I'm not going to change any of your minds. But I feel I would be irresponsible if I simply let you turn your back on God like that. That said, you don't need to argue my point. I'm not here to change anyone's mind. Discuss onwards.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 05/10/06 05:14.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."
Re: When you die, then what? #73411
05/10/06 13:21
05/10/06 13:21
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

when you die you get to redeem points during life. You have to spend these points under a certain formula:

COL+RATAB+COL_RABAB_SHISH_KEBAB

Thats the formula for my death pixel colorization for fog and persepective after death. Couple that with my awesome Zero trick and my bubsy 3d level 2 tropical music (act 2).

You then get an invincibility powerup and you can travel the world using a unique flash attack (never invented before), and you get to see panels upon panels of extraneous numbers tracking every useless statistic.

Thats what happens after you die.

Yeah, but I think we were not talking using a cheat in a computer game here.

Honestly I'm not really sure what will happen after I'm dead, but I think it will be a fade to black only, not even a list of credits , just plain nothing more.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: When you die, then what? [Re: PHeMoX] #73412
05/10/06 13:58
05/10/06 13:58
planet.earth
ello Offline
Senior Expert
ello  Offline
Senior Expert

planet.earth
well if one dies he will just be placed there again and again , until he/she manages to get the live done right. why do you think there are dejavues? just because you already have been there before. mostly those dejavues are to activate your senses not to make the same mistake again, which in you former live caused your death. for example if you once came along a murderer and he killed you. next live you will have a dejavue, keep an eye open and pass that hurdle. onto the next...

if you manage to get onto the next stage (like a butterfly during metamorphosis) i believe you are free. what you believed in live will happen. you can choose to go back on earth, you can just sit around the clouds and play cards with your buddies. whatever you imagine it will come true. you can be everywhere at the same time, as you will go back to where you once came from

Re: When you die, then what? [Re: ROMAC] #73413
05/10/06 14:01
05/10/06 14:01
planet.earth
ello Offline
Senior Expert
ello  Offline
Senior Expert

planet.earth
Quote:

Why is it that people cannot accept the fact of "nothingness", it exists all around you. Before you were born you were nothing, and after you die you are nothing. Why would you see a review or your life? It's like saying that after you die you get 3 wishes. Life isn't a Disney movie...

and you have already died? that you know soo much about it? funny.
its poor that you have been nothing before you have been born. well i was something before i was born. birth takes place when you leave your mothers body. my definition.

of course there is need for new souls. but not all souls are new. one do bad things, you will come back and have to suffer exactly to them. one do good thing, you'll may be pleased to enjoy them.

Re: When you die, then what? [Re: ulillillia] #73414
05/10/06 18:43
05/10/06 18:43
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

When you die, what do you think will happen afterwards for you?

Hopefully Ill hear some words along these lines:
Quote:

Mat 25:21 His lord said unto him, Well done, thou good and faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things: enter thou into the joy of thy lord.

Re: When you die, then what? [Re: NITRO777] #73415
05/10/06 18:49
05/10/06 18:49
FL, USA (by way of Bonnie Scot...
Gazzbass Offline
Gazzbass  Offline

FL, USA (by way of Bonnie Scot...
It all boils down to this... there are no hard, quantitative, empirical bodies of evidence to support ANY side of this debate. All we have is hearsay and stories. A lot of hopes and fears surround the topic of death, and it is indeed comforting to think that it is not the be-all-and-end-all. To some, having the belief that there "must be something else" afterwards makes death a much more tame prospect. The idea of "nothingness" scares most people, and rightly so, given that we are aware of our own mortality and existence... our instinct for survival.
If there is reason to believe that something else exists beyond your own personal demise, then why not ask someone who has passed on to explain what happens afterwards, etc, etc, etc...
Remember that we are all made of atoms, though. So maybe there is something else afterwards... your constituent atoms (the hydrogen anyway) has been around since the beginning of the universe as we currently understand it. They will be around after you die. They may become part of a tree, or a shoe, or any other conceivable type of object.
Conversly, some of the atoms that currently make you up could have been part of Napoleon, or part of a dog poo, etc, etc. They were, after all, originally synthesized within the stars, but that is too far of topic here.
What we are looking for here though is evidence of sentience beyond our lives. I'm afraid this has, in my opinion, been entirely undemonstrated.
We all have cherished beliefs, but to my knowledge there has only been one tool cultivated by humanity that has been the true wayfarer on the road to truth, and that is science. Used correctly, this tool can be our greatest ally. Used incorrectly, irresponsibly, or quoted out of context, it can mislead and perhaps destroy us.
There is room in this world for all beliefs, on faith or otherwise. However, and this is just my opinion, I would rather have the cold, hard facts than succumb to insubstantiation.
Now, if a body of good evidence came to light demonstrating that there is some sort of cogniscent activity beyond your life, then we can use science as a tool to study it. That is why science has succeeded in every field that has tasked it. Done correctly, it is impersonal and self correcting. The impersonal part of science may not be altogether to our liking, but the universe is not required to conform to the aspirations and ambitions of humans.
People who say to me "how can you live without believing in xyz..." and that my spirit is sterile. To them I reply that there are untold wonders in the field of science, stranger than even the most fanciful fiction. This is what makes my "spirit" soar!
In conclusion, I also believe, given the evidence, that although the universe goes on after you die, you are not aware of it. In fact, you are not aware of anything anymore. No matter how upset I may be at this dismal conclusion (and I am) and no matter how much I want to belive that I will go on somehow, I have to accept that there is a finallity to my own personal existence in my current configuration. I take solice though, that my consituent parts (atoms) will be around for time immemorial!
I do not pretend to know anything about death, but one day, for the briefest instant, I most certainly will. That is for sure. The problem is that I don't think it would be possible to impart the description of the experience in any meaningful way before I passed into oblivion, or impart any other information thereafter.
All the more reason to make your life count for something every day!

Re: When you die, then what? [Re: ello] #73416
05/10/06 18:53
05/10/06 18:53
Germany, Bavaria
Sinthoras Offline
Sinthoras  Offline

Germany, Bavaria
interesting point of view @ello
but what about a computer generated soul then? (ye we're in a programmers forum ^^)
If the AI developement comes to the point where a human brain can be simulated.. where the computer gehts its own behaviour, its own 'soul'.. What about this one then?

and to Gazzbass:
you have written down a lot of things that I think of, too. Thanks to that
Science turned to be the most 'wonderful' area ever, it brought us things even religion could not imagine.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite