Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by EternallyCurious. 04/18/24 10:45
StartWeek not working as it should
by Zheka. 04/18/24 10:11
folder management functions
by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
lookback setting performance issue
by 7th_zorro. 04/16/24 03:08
zorro 64bit command line support
by 7th_zorro. 04/15/24 09:36
Zorro FIX plugin - Experimental
by flink. 04/14/24 07:48
Zorro FIX plugin - Experimental
by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 559 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin, rajesh7827
19046 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13
Re: Who's god's god? (kudos to phemox) [Re: testDummy] #76217
06/03/06 04:01
06/03/06 04:01
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
Quote:

Every dummy knows that kitties, after expending their nine lives, due to their curiosity, go to hell, not heaven, and pirate kitties, particularly, go straight to hell.

lol, nice analogy.

btw - your game looks neat Ran, thanks for showing a picture.

Re: Who's god's god? (kudos to phemox) [Re: William] #76218
06/03/06 06:10
06/03/06 06:10
Beverly, Massachusetts
Rhuarc Offline
Expert
Rhuarc  Offline
Expert

Beverly, Massachusetts
Quote:

due to their curiosity, go to hell, not heaven, and pirate kitties, particularly, go straight to hell.

Cats are demons straight from the pit of hell.

-Rhuarc

I no longer post on these forums, keep in touch with me via:
Linkedin.com
My MSDN blog
Re: Who's god's god? (kudos to phemox) [Re: Rhuarc] #76219
06/03/06 06:28
06/03/06 06:28
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
Quote:

Cats are demons straight from the pit of hell.

I think ancient Eygptians also believed this at one time. Their belief lives on.

Re: Who's god's god? (kudos to phemox) [Re: William] #76220
06/04/06 01:28
06/04/06 01:28
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:

I think ancient Eygptians also believed this at one time. Their belief lives on.

No actually the ancient Eygptians were very smart and had a great respect for cats. See the picture and web-site below. This picture is an Egyptian god with a cat head.

The Role of Cats in Ancient Egypt

It was the ancient Europeans that thought they were evil and then killed cats. But, the funny thing is that many stupid europeans died in the BLACK PLAGUE disease that followed. They had so many rats spreading the plague and no cats to kill them!

Anyways, yes, I went swimming lately with a few friends.
See me below swimming and nice talking with you guys.

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Who's god's god? (kudos to phemox) [Re: Ran Man] #76221
06/04/06 01:33
06/04/06 01:33
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:

Quote:

No actually the ancient Eygptians were very smart and had a great respect for cats. See the picture and web-site below. This picture is an Egyptian god with a cat head.

The Role of Cats in Ancient Egypt
Quote:

The importance of cats is epitomized in the abundance of decorated statuettes found in the excavated tombs. Statuettes were seen as religious symbols with great history and importance by the Egyptians.

It was the ancient Europeans that thought they were evil and then killed cats. But, the funny thing is that many stupid europeans died in the BLACK PLAGUE disease that followed. They had so many rats spreading the plague and no cats to kill them!

Anyways, yes, I went swimming lately with a few friends.
See me below swimming and nice talking with you guys.

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Who's god's god? (kudos to phemox) [Re: Ran Man] #76222
06/04/06 20:16
06/04/06 20:16
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Ran man, you are not only acting crazy, but you really are crazy. Why quote yourself? Do you wish this topic to be closed? Don't like what's in here? Man, grow up or go back to your swimming friends ...

Quote:

This is like me asking, if the sun is really a ball of fire millions of miles away, why is it a small spot hanging over my head. You're looking at it with an irrelevant point of view.

Aahh, I see so my point of view is irrelevant? Well that's something new *sigh* But honestly, couldn't you think of anything better?

Quote:

This reminds me of a children's story I once read. In the The Last Battle by C.S. Lewis there are these dwarves in a barn with the main characters. The main characters are calling out to them, and even though its bright as day the dwarves claim they can't see a thing. When the main characters try and feed them some of the delicious food, and wine, the dwarves eat some and spit it out saying, "Why would you feed us hay." Finally Aslan stops the characters and says, "Some people blind themselves to the truth, and there's nothing that can open their eyes." Quite a poignant statement, me thinks. And since some of the people on this forum will believe anything a philosopher says, it must be true! I can just apply what Lewis wrote to anyone I want, and I'm right! Its amazing how that works.

Dwarves you say? <sarcasm> Riiight, all children's books about dwarves contain valuable moral knowledge indeed. <end of sarcasm> If there's one kind of people that dares to open their eyes, then it's the atheists, not the theists who believe in their fairytale bible.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Who's god's god? (kudos to phemox) [Re: PHeMoX] #76223
06/05/06 00:46
06/05/06 00:46
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline
User

Wisconsin
Quote:

Aahh, I see so my point of view is irrelevant? Well that's something new *sigh* But honestly, couldn't you think of anything better?

Your viewpoint is not irrelevant. I'm not going to check if that's what I said, but if I did I'm sorry. I meant to say the question about who God's creator is, is irrelevant. It doesn't even make sense, logically.

I'll provide you with a link, and we can go from there, because it basically sums up my point of view very succinctly.

Logically, there cannot be an infinite amount of causes, however there must be some cause for the universe. Excluding God from this premise, there still must be a reason the universe came into existence. Comparing nuclear decay to the universe is like comparing apples to cyborg monkeys.

http://www.carm.org/atheism/entropy.htm

Now, you may not agree that the cause is God, but I hope this leads you logically to the point I made that God doesn't need any other creators before him. The cause to the universe, whatever you believe it is, is THE cause of the universe. There is no other cause.

Quote:

Dwarves you say? <sarcasm> Riiight, all children's books about dwarves contain valuable moral knowledge indeed. <end of sarcasm>

It was simply a counterpoint to whomever quoted the other philosopher who said we killed God. My point was that just because I quoted some philospher, doesn't mean my point of view holds any more ground.

Quote:

If there's one kind of people that dares to open their eyes, then it's the atheists, not the theists who believe in their fairytale bible.

My fairytale makes more sense than your fairytale!

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."
Re: Who's god's god? (kudos to phemox) [Re: PHeMoX] #76224
06/05/06 02:27
06/05/06 02:27

A
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
Anonymous OP
Unregistered
A

" Ran man, you are not only acting crazy, but you really are crazy. Why quote yourself?"

No, I never quoted myself. The forum software posted twice for some reason?
I'm just trying to share some funny pics and good times with you guys. LOL

Sorry to interrupt, but just trying to have some fun.

Re: Who's god's god? (kudos to phemox) [Re: Irish_Farmer] #76225
06/12/06 22:19
06/12/06 22:19
Israel, Haifa
ROMAC Offline
Expert
ROMAC  Offline
Expert

Israel, Haifa
Quote:

there still must be a reason the universe came into existence.

This caught my attention sorry, but why exactly does there have to be a beginning to the universe? Because some theory? I could run you by with many theories, like there are inifinite universes and when one clashes into another a big bang occurs - this is actually a real theory.

Re: Who's god's god? (kudos to phemox) [Re: ROMAC] #76226
06/13/06 00:10
06/13/06 00:10
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline
User

Wisconsin
Because we scientifically know that everything that has a beginning, has a cause.

I can try and confuse the subject by coming up with all sorts of fairy tales about universes and so on and so forth, and while 'junk science' may not be the best way to describe a theory like that, 'useless science' would definately describe it. The only reason anyone takes a theory like that seriously, is that people are convinced that there's no creator.

Outside of that context, the theory is laughable. And still does nothing to explain the ultimate cause, and proves the scientists are at least willing to admit that our universe must have had a pre-bang cause. So you helped answer your own question.

I'm sure they've come up with all sorts of convincing math to back it up, but I would love to know where exactly these other universes are....If they aren't in our universe, then...where?

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."
Page 2 of 13 1 2 3 4 12 13

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite