Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/19/24 18:45
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, kzhao, 7th_zorro), 714 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22
Re: Things evolution #78230
08/14/06 09:00
08/14/06 09:00
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
I hope you'll come back some time, as this discussion indeed was fun and I learned some things about evolution. Without you I'm afraid there's no creationist left to seriously discuss evolution with...

Re: Things evolution [Re: jcl] #78231
08/14/06 13:14
08/14/06 13:14
analysis paralysis
NITRO777 Offline
Expert
NITRO777  Offline
Expert

analysis paralysis
Quote:

I hope you'll come back some time, as this discussion indeed was fun and I learned some things about evolution. Without you I'm afraid there's no creationist left to seriously discuss evolution with...

Yes, I understand what you mean, now that Marco Grubert is gone, there remains noone else intelligent enough to discuss the issue with. Good point.

Re: Things evolution [Re: NITRO777] #78232
08/19/06 04:32
08/19/06 04:32
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline OP
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline OP
User

Wisconsin
Quote:

Are you still planning to take the college classes this year? Maybe after you take some classes you can come back and debate some more.

Perhaps. I'm screwed as far as this semester goes because I misread the deadline for the app. So, it'll be a few months before I get started.

Quote:

Everyone has personal problems.. and I dont see how posting on a forum can prevent someone form dealing with them.

I can post here, and I said I'd make the occasional comment. For one thing, though, the debate is a little lopsided, so sometimes it takes a minimum of an hour to respond.

Quote:

And it can be said that someone who has the kind of views you do has obviously had personal problems.

Good to see you'll take any opportunity to be a jag.

Quote:

I hope you'll come back some time, as this discussion indeed was fun and I learned some things about evolution.

Perhaps.

I may as well explain the problem. I doubt after I do that my actions will make any more sense than they do right now, but its a complex, personal problem so that's expected.

I'm shy.

May not sound like much. But to anyone who experiences it, its a painful, debilitating condition. I need to spend more time bettering myself, which means less time on this and other forums, for instance.

For myself personally, it takes a lot of energy to undo my shyness. So maybe that explains things a bit better, maybe not. Either way, my decision still stands. And while I miss the discussions, I'm making progress and that's not so bad. Plus I've had more time to devote to my guitar, which I've been slacking on lately.

Until next time...

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."
Re: Things evolution [Re: Irish_Farmer] #78233
08/19/06 04:51
08/19/06 04:51
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
good luck with this
i hope it works our for you

and to be honest, learning to play guitar aint that bad replacement for mutation and chromosom debates

but while playing just dont forget where your thumbs have come from (couldnt resist)

cheers

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: Things evolution [Re: Irish_Farmer] #78234
08/20/06 16:05
08/20/06 16:05
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Perhaps.

I may as well explain the problem. I doubt after I do that my actions will make any more sense than they do right now, but its a complex, personal problem so that's expected.

I'm shy.

May not sound like much. But to anyone who experiences it, its a painful, debilitating condition. I need to spend more time bettering myself, which means less time on this and other forums, for instance.

For myself personally, it takes a lot of energy to undo my shyness. So maybe that explains things a bit better, maybe not. Either way, my decision still stands. And while I miss the discussions, I'm making progress and that's not so bad. Plus I've had more time to devote to my guitar, which I've been slacking on lately.

Until next time...

It's definately a good idea to work on that, the world is a harder place to be when you are shy. I guess we know why you hold on to your believe so much now, or?
Anyways, your motives for your faith in God are quite irrelevant to some extent, good luck and I wish you all the best! Be sure to drop by sometime, because eventhough sometimes the debates get kinda fierce, know that you are one of the few that actually dare to debate at all and especially dares to defend the creationist point of view,

Cheers

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Things evolution [Re: PHeMoX] #78235
09/03/06 10:27
09/03/06 10:27
A
Alberto Offline
Alberto  Offline
A

I read on the newspaper today
Even Pope 14° does not beleive in creationism rather in a planned evolutionism
One of his assistant, the bio-chemic Peter Schuster went even further
He does not beleive in a continuos intervation of God
God made the program and then He let it run

Re: Things evolution can't explain [Re: Irish_Farmer] #78236
09/04/06 23:44
09/04/06 23:44

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

regowth of lizards tails if severed

Re: Things evolution can't explain #78237
09/06/06 04:16
09/06/06 04:16
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Matt_Aufderheide  Offline
Expert
M

Why exactly can't evolution explain that one? In fact evolution is only thing that explaines a lizard's tail.

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.
Re: Things evolution can't explain [Re: Matt_Aufderheide] #78238
09/11/06 19:12
09/11/06 19:12
Wisconsin
Irish_Farmer Offline OP
User
Irish_Farmer  Offline OP
User

Wisconsin
Quote:

I guess we know why you hold on to your believe so much now, or?

I don't know, I could just as easily blame my problems on God. After all, He is supposed to be all-powerful and holy and whatnot.

Quote:

I read on the newspaper today
Even Pope 14° does not beleive in creationism rather in a planned evolutionism
One of his assistant, the bio-chemic Peter Schuster went even further
He does not beleive in a continuos intervation of God
God made the program and then He let it run

Yeah, the previous pope endorsed evolution wholeheartedly, the new one didn't seem so excited about it. But from what I can see, he's ignoring ID and creationism altogether.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."
Re: Things evolution can't explain [Re: Irish_Farmer] #78239
09/11/06 20:43
09/11/06 20:43
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Matt_Aufderheide  Offline
Expert
M

Quote:

But from what I can see, he's ignoring ID and creationism altogether.

Yes because he's not a lunatic.

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.
Page 21 of 22 1 2 19 20 21 22

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite