by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Open Source Community Project [Re: EpsiloN] #78783
07/19/06 02:42
07/19/06 02:42
Ray_X_Zero Offline
Ray_X_Zero  Offline

I vote for a Japanese RPG style like Final Fantasy, Suikoden. I'm a big fan of Japanese RPG games.

People cannot gain anything without sacrificing something. You must present something of equal value to gain something.
Re: Open Source Community Project [Re: yung] #78784
07/20/06 04:59
07/20/06 04:59
Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada
Paul_L_Ming Offline
User
Paul_L_Ming  Offline
User

Quote:

The game I would like to see come to reality on A6 is a GTA style game.

While not interested in this style, if it did go through I would only really want one thing: "Consequences for your actions and aging effects.". In other words, if you shoot a couple cops, then get arrested, game over. If you blow up a few cars, rob a store, car jack someones car, and then get arrested...you go to jail, time passes, and you are released. Now your character is X number of years older...so he's slower, maybe the eyesight is going, your accuracy and stamina decrease, etc. THAT might be a game I'd be interested in playing; I hate the "do whatever you want with no consequences" style 'modern-based' game.

My vote would go for something fantasy (first person shooter, rpg, turn based strategy, whatever), simply because it seems a LOT of people are interested in that style of setting and it is wide-open for interpretation and artistic vision.

^_^

"We've got a blind date with destiny...and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

-- The Shoveler

A7 Commercial (on Windows 7, 64-bit)
Re: Open Source Community Project [Re: Paul_L_Ming] #78785
07/20/06 07:21
07/20/06 07:21
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
"Consequences for your actions and aging effects." is the gayest idea i've heard of in a while , why would u wanna make ur player age and get slower and loose accurancy as u progress in the game , shouldnt u get faster and stronger ? LOL , I think all this game's trying to simulate real life are retarded and ridiculous , not to say I'm not a fan of the GTA games , i love San Andreas , but i think few titles fit the criteria to be made like that , and am not a fan of all this clone games big publishers keep making and selling to people. A game should be about fun , about having fun , weather it is by decapitating zombies or fighting a dragon to rescue a princess, the key ingridient is gameplay , having solid gameplay thats fun , thats what's hard to do , to figure out a new formula , which is why there's tons of shooters and gta type games out there , publishers need to sell a lot of games to make a lot of money so they market eye candy , all the new games u see only have better gfx and pretty much the same gameplay , since they are all pretty much the same game , i think following this route for a community project would be a mistake. Focusing on the latest fad rather than on making a good game is and unideal of of approaching this. Now my thoughts on a communnity project , I think it's plainly a stupid idea with no foundation to it. Why would anyone waste their time with this ? what is there to gain ? to push A6 ? Conitec has been making gamestudio since A3 and is a successful company , can u explain why u feel they need our help to push their game engine to a better level ? If anyone needs help is the developers , most of us are indies with no financial funding for our projects , and we should donate our time to making a game for the hells of it ? What is there to be gained from a communnity project other than wasted time ? If the project is sold who keeps the money , you ? or u divide it into a thousand little shares between every single person who made a contribution , anything other would be unfair dont u think ? If a communnity project would somehow develop i think it should be a project different than what you have in mind , how about making something that benefficiates the actual gamestudio indie community. We can all join together and develop a set of resources to better suit the game makers , how about a set of decent model packs for the community , a set of decent music and sound effects packs for the community , a set of good texture packs for the community , a set of good scripts for the communnity. I think these are the things that we the gamestudio users would actually be able to benefit from , and would be worth spending our time doing , where each person uses their skill to create a good set of assets and shares it with the community while also gaining access to other great assets which are made by people who posses skills which he lacks. The assets gamestudio includes in the package are HIDEOUS and should be an embarrassment to conitec for being so cheap in that department. There are a lot of assets on this forum to download but the only ones worth the download are the ones u have to buy , and most people getting started in game dev arent really looking to purchase assets instantly after buying the engine. Maybe we should as a communnity make a sort of demo game , which includes all types of games (shooter/plattformer/car racing/rpg/combat/puzzle/ect...) into one game , which will then be donated along with all assets from art to sound to code to the communnity for use in their personal or commercial projects , this way the work people make has some purpose to it , and there is also something to be gained by everyone. Just my thoughts on the subject.

Re: Open Source Community Project [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #78786
07/20/06 09:42
07/20/06 09:42
South Africa
capanno Offline
Serious User
capanno  Offline
Serious User

South Africa
Make a poll...

Re: Open Source Community Project [Re: capanno] #78787
07/20/06 10:18
07/20/06 10:18
U.S.A. Michigan
exile Offline
User
exile  Offline
User

U.S.A. Michigan
I think that conitec should hold a contest to have a new and improved models that meet today's standards. These models would then be included in the next 3DGS installment. Imagine seeing cyber girl, guard, of even the long forgotten hero model with a great face lift.

Re: Open Source Community Project [Re: exile] #78788
07/22/06 17:33
07/22/06 17:33
Austria
Dark_samurai Offline
Serious User
Dark_samurai  Offline
Serious User

Austria
Yeah, that's a very good idea. Some great looking guns, maby some cars,...
That would be great.

ANet - A stable and secure network plugin with multi-zone, unlimited players, voip, server-list features,... (for A7/A8)!
get free version
Re: Open Source Community Project [Re: Dark_samurai] #78789
07/23/06 19:58
07/23/06 19:58
San Francisco
JetpackMonkey Offline
Serious User
JetpackMonkey  Offline
Serious User

San Francisco
I think it's a great idea Spike. The real catch I think is geography. To get a few key participants close to each other to meet over beeeers or something. Or it is jsut a good excuse to get some beers! whooo hoo beer

Re: Open Source Community Project [Re: JetpackMonkey] #78790
07/23/06 20:59
07/23/06 20:59
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
Dont know about some beers but i wouldnt mind smoking a couple of blunts while working on a game : )

Re: Open Source Community Project [Re: Why_Do_I_Die] #78791
07/24/06 00:05
07/24/06 00:05
Paul_L_Ming Offline
User
Paul_L_Ming  Offline
User

Quote:

"Consequences for your actions and aging effects." is the gayest idea i've heard of in a while , why would u wanna make ur player age and get slower and loose accurancy as u progress in the game , shouldnt u get faster and stronger

Uh, I'm glad it is the most happy idea you've heard in a while.

The reason *I* would want to make a player character age and get slower/less accurate in a game like GTA is simply to make it a challenge to not get 'caught' being a completely sadistic, moronic a-hole. When you get caught, you go to jail. Jail time isn't "15 seconds as the game reloads". I think the thing that puts me off games like GTA is the pointlessness of it all. There is no actual 'challenge' to the game; you run around being an malcontented anti-social idiot until you die. Whoo...yay. Lots of fun there. (that was sarcasm).

Adding a simple drawback as "age" to the game would make it MUCH more fun for people who have fun by being challenged....as opposed to just doing whatever the hell they want with no regard for anything but themselves. Put it in the game as an option, even, best of both worlds.

At any rate, I do like the idea of a sort of 'community resource' project; levels, static objects, sounds, music, etc. That could be pretty nice indeed!

^_^

"We've got a blind date with destiny...and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."

-- The Shoveler

A7 Commercial (on Windows 7, 64-bit)
Re: Open Source Community Project [Re: Paul_L_Ming] #78792
07/24/06 07:09
07/24/06 07:09
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
beer... gah germans... lol i meant no offense, just joking, im not racist... no seriously, stop staring at me like that, and why are you now holding a knife?

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de