by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Ayumi), 1,405 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84037
05/23/07 08:18
05/23/07 08:18
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

Actually, no he didn't do a great job.

When it comes to accuracy of personality, yes definitely not a great job, when it comes to simply playing a great villain character ánd having striking resemblance to the Joker, it was pretty amazing.

Quote:

Lol, how the hell do you take something so stupid seriously? He did a great job.. the first Batman was only decent movie of the bunch.

I do definitely agree that the first Batman movie was one of the best, but I liked Batman Returns best and uhm I probably like Batman Returns more than Batman Begins actually, I didn't like the way the movie was split up in these two parts.

Batman 1 definitely wasn't a bad movie and I can live with what Nicholson did with his Joker character, but if you know the comics it's obvious it wasn't all that accurate, eventhough very enjoyable indeed.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: PHeMoX] #84038
06/01/07 20:45
06/01/07 20:45
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

A couple new Joker pics released from IMAX. TDK is the first movie to be partial filmed in 70MM IMAX. There are four scenes being filmed this way, one of them being the introduction of Joker during the already filmed bank robbery sequence. Every other movie to show in IMAX are unconverted. Only documentaries and short films are made in the true format, and it's too expensive to shoot an entire feature in it, but it will be cool to see at least part of it in pure IMAX format.

Here's the two shots. One is intentionally blurred and tampered with to continue the show him but don't show him game that WB is playing. The 2nd is Mr. J in his "Point Break" style heist mask (which again continues their little game). Between the two, we catch a look at one of the costumes, the green hair, and a bit of evil posing:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/batimax1.jpg
http://www.darkhorizons.com/news07/batimax2.jpg

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84039
06/15/07 01:35
06/15/07 01:35
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

The very first pic of Bale in the new Batman suit. It has a lot more detail in it:

http://www.aintitcool.com/images2007/DKbatsuit.jpg

It's supposed to be more of a medium gray in color, but it's hard to tell from this lighting setup. It's also supposed to be a bit more like fabric, but a better term is chain mail with armor on top, and this is confirmed by the article. The bat emblem is also the same color as the utility belt which you can make out from the picture if you look hard enough, so it's gold. Actually, the comic book version of Bat's suit is a form of chain mail, so this is totally faithful. For the first time, Batman will be able to turn his head independent of the suit since it is now detached from it. Everything is sleeker and better built, and the only thing that is exactly the same are the boots.

My User Contributions master list - my initial post links are down but scroll down page to find list to active links
Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84040
06/15/07 03:36
06/15/07 03:36
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
It makes a lot more sense now, since this suit was originally designed as something the army could use in a near future, if I recall correctly the original comics had the same background story.

I personally liked the not being able to turn your head independently thing in the older movies, it has since then become one of those signature moves identifying Batman. It looks odd at first, but in the movies they've always used it to show Batman's decisiveness, if it's really possible to move the head independently then it might have ruined that 'medieval knight' style of movement,

Cheers

Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: PHeMoX] #84041
06/15/07 03:52
06/15/07 03:52
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Yeah, but the lack of head movement is probably the #1 complaint from Batman purists. He should be able to move his head freely not appear to be encased in armor. He's supposed to be agile like a cat and not like the original quadrilogy in the 90s. In the comics, his suit was always something he came up with, although perhaps the various materials may or may not have been military in origin.

Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84042
06/15/07 05:45
06/15/07 05:45
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
i dont know, i love the new design. i mean, how stupid is it to wear a rubber armor that basically prevents you from turning your head?

in a fight, youre like: oh, and please dont run around me because then i need to turn my whole body like a cheaply animated videogame figure because.. you know.. my head is like.. stiff...

thats silly. i like the new turning head.

what i would also like is, if they would lend a few things from the animated series, like the wa y batman walks with his caple closed or his shadow resembling the bat symbol from times to times (could be done with cgi easily)...

i loved this...

Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: sPlKe] #84043
06/15/07 05:56
06/15/07 05:56
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

Quote:

what i would also like is, if they would lend a few things from the animated series, like the wa y batman walks with his caple closed or his shadow resembling the bat symbol from times to times (could be done with cgi easily)...

This actually occurred quite a bit in Batman Forever (the one with Val Kilmer). There's lots of cape action and using it for purposes other than just a cape. They used a CG Bats for some of those scenes but there was some on location wire work stuff, too. I really like the Batman, Bruce, Dick, Robin stuff from that film but the villains stunk. In a lot of ways it's one of the most faithful movies but then it gets into that comedy garbage (which they took into overdrive in Batman and Robin). There's supposedly a "secret" regarding the cape in TDK. We'll just have to wait and see what it is.

Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84044
06/15/07 08:32
06/15/07 08:32
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
I liked the 'bulletproof' cape idea of Batman Beyond,

Cheers

Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: PHeMoX] #84045
07/22/07 21:42
07/22/07 21:42
O
Orange Brat Offline OP

Senior Expert
Orange Brat  Offline OP

Senior Expert
O

A few tidbits:

The teaser is rumored to be on the front of the The Simpsons movie this Friday or possibly even The Bourne Ultimatum. Here's a description:

Quote:

I have seen The Dark Knight Teaser. I don't want to reveal everything...

It starts out with the WB logo gracing the screen, followed by the DC logo and the Legendary pictures logo. The screen goes black.

It opens back up as a commercial paid for by the friends of Harvey Dent. We are shown shots of him talking, making public speeches, and walking in a suit, while a deep voice comes on and talks about Harvey Dent. A generic politician commercial.

What seems to be halfway through the commercial, it is interrupted by static, and blacks out. Out of nowhere a crystal clear image comes onto the screen of a blacked out man with large windows behind him. The camera slowly zooms in on him. He's talking (about what I won't say) and as he finishes he begins laughing. Lightning strikes, lighting up his face, as the laughter grows more manic. Cut to black.

The Batman Begins (now The Dark Knight's bat) emblem is shown with the words The Dark Knight. Then it says Summer 2008 and has the website at the bottom.

What is said... is a surprise that I must keep for now. It gave me chills.

The Batcycle is officially called the Batpod. Here's a video of it in action:

http://www.batman-on-film.com/TDK_Chicago2_shoot-report_batpod-on-set_7-18-07.html

You can see all of the current Joker pics and vidoes that are floating around out there here. There's one of him skateboarding in some kind of chase sequence:

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=278778

It has been semi-confirmed that Anthony Michael Hall's character is that of Edward Nygma aka The Riddler. Cillian Murphy was spotted filming a scene in his Scarecrow garb, Mr. Zsasz, played by Tim Booth in Batman Begins, may show up again since he's still at large, and Aaron Eckhart, who plays Harvey Dent, has basically let the cat out of the bag and confirmed that Two-Face will show up in this movie at some point. Eric Roberts has been cast as Mob Boss Sal Maroni and that's who splashes the acid on him in the comics, so I'm assuming the same is going to happen here.

Michael Jai White (Spawn in the Spawn movie) plays another mob boss called Gamble.

Re: The Dark Knight... [Re: Orange Brat] #84046
07/22/07 22:41
07/22/07 22:41
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
yeah, read that too. im so looking forward to this. cant wait for the trailer.
i wonder what the joker has to say..
oh and by the way, i want mark hammill to resynchronize the joker...

THAT would be awesome...

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de