Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Big Bang [Re: ISG] #84692
08/07/06 03:32
08/07/06 03:32
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
great, now i want some cookies.
damn universe

Models, Textures and Levels at:
http://www.blattsalat.com/
portfolio:
http://showcase.blattsalat.com/
Re: Big Bang [Re: Blattsalat] #84693
08/07/06 03:45
08/07/06 03:45
I
ISG Offline

Expert
ISG  Offline

Expert
I

Hey now, it was the best example I could think of for this situation. I think it was a mighty tastey idea though!!

Last edited by ISG; 08/07/06 03:45.

Ground Tactics - Coming Soon
Ground Tactics OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Re: Big Bang [Re: ISG] #84694
08/08/06 18:14
08/08/06 18:14
Lithuania
3DRichard Offline
3DRichard  Offline

Lithuania
Maybe someday universe will disappear, like cookie

Mmmmmmm... Yummy
Sorry for your universe ISG, oops i mean cookie, it was so tempting and tasty , i couldn't resist.

Re: Big Bang [Re: 3DRichard] #84695
08/14/06 12:44
08/14/06 12:44
Netherlands, Voorhout
Bazje Offline
Bazje  Offline

Netherlands, Voorhout
LOLOLOLOLOLOL!

The time of Dr/\g0n5 has begun...
Re: Big Bang [Re: Blattsalat] #84696
08/23/06 17:07
08/23/06 17:07
A
Alberto Offline OP
Alberto  Offline OP
A

Quote:

i wonder where you got that theory from.
its not true. a lot of scientists are religious. biologist or physics.

Creationists published a list of scientists who beleive in God
Some hundreds
Evolutionists replied, publishing the list of scientists who do not beleive in God and whose name is James ( or an other first name, I dont remeber exactly)
Some thousands

Re: Big Bang [Re: Alberto] #84697
08/24/06 03:02
08/24/06 03:02
US
G
Grimber Offline
Expert
Grimber  Offline
Expert
G

US
what does it matter?

god can't be proven, god can't be disproven.
what IS true is that

1. science admits when it's got something wrong, where as religion and the 'faithful' will violate even their own laws of thier faith then admit they made a mistake.

2. scienists doesn't spend much of there efforts trying to disprove religion, in fact they spend much time learning and understanding relgion and it/thier histories from an object, unbiased viewpoint.
relgion and follows of such expend a great deal of effort trying to eliminate science as a whole, sheerly on the permise of "I don't see how..." statements clearly self evidant that no effort has been put forward to attaempt to understand the material with an 'un-opinionated' viewpoint

3. science has not been the source point for wars, conflicts and attocities. Scince though ends up being the tools of war.
Religion though has throughout history ( even today) been a significate source for war, violant conflict and attrocities to be committed.

Religion has had more of a negative impact on humans, humanity, and human history then any positive one. so why 'should' people belive in anymore.

Re: Big Bang [Re: Grimber] #84698
08/24/06 03:51
08/24/06 03:51
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
science and religion or better said philosophy in general (since its more then "just" religion) are not contra productive nor do they exclude each other at all.

science can build a nuke but cant answer the "why".
on the other hand philosophy tries to get an answer to this while it cant answer the "how".

though both are vital to get a satisifying result at the end.

if you believe in god is a matter of definition. a bearded old man sitting in the clouds, i dont think so.
the one who snips with his fingers (why does god need fingers if he is almighty??) and creates everything, doesnt sound reasonable at all.
a kind of individual power or "force" that makes everything more worth then the sum of all its components - maybe.

you can build a microwave and as a scientific result you have built a microwave.
in the same time you can build a microwave to feed people who cant pay lot for food and you have built more then just a microwave.
its simple math. sience+philosophy=2 and this is more then just 1

personaly i dont believe in organized religions but i believe in religion as in "the way you decide to live your life". and by this i dont mean if you pray or do certain tasks aso.
its the way you treat everyone else arround you.

if you make your life more worth then the sum of days you lived then you can call yourself a "believer". simply because you believe that there is more then you can think of. and everyting is worth more then you could ever imagine.

does this answer anything about the big bang?! no, definitely not. and thats the most important part about it.

portfolio:
Re: Big Bang [Re: Grimber] #84699
08/24/06 08:42
08/24/06 08:42
A
Alberto Offline OP
Alberto  Offline OP
A

Quote:

what does it matter?

god can't be proven, god can't be disproven.

A very common claim but I dont' agree with it even though a final answer has not been found, yet

Claiming that philosphy and science deal with totaly different stuff is a nonsense in my opinion

Let's consider for example the problem of " Soul "
Classic philosophy we have been taught at school claim that there are animal and human kind of souls
The former is mortal but in any case it is something separated from matter

Well I have read a lab test
You split a cylindric shaped micro organism ( the tobacco virus) in two pieces
The microrganism dies
Then you glue the two pieces togheter the microrganism starts living again

I think it is hard to keep beleiving in the existence of an animal soul !
So from this point of view science is not in favour of religion

Getting better to the big bang however it is in favour of the existence of a creator, in my opinion

Re: Big Bang [Re: Alberto] #84700
08/24/06 12:11
08/24/06 12:11
Austria
Blattsalat Offline
Senior Expert
Blattsalat  Offline
Senior Expert

Austria
the spiritual soul is a philosophical issue 100% and has nothing to do with science at all. so i dont see the connection.

-->..Then you glue the two pieces togheter the microrganism starts living again..

i also dont see how this proofs or disproofs a soul in any way. since its not scientific it cant be done this way to start with.

if you cut a finger from a human being he still can live and he still can have his soul. if you transplant all his inner organs its the same. even if his brain fails to work anymore this doesnt mean he is dead nor does it mean he loses his "sould" from the spiritual view.
as the tobacco virus i dont see any connection here.

-->..Classic philosophy we have been taught at school claim that there are animal and human kind of souls

i havent heared that so far. nor do have other ancient cultures like native amaricans, greeks aso. the spirit and sould within any living creature is part of the whole system of existence.
take the native americans or indian (the presenst country india)...their religion sets the "soul" and spirit of animals equal to the humans. reincarnation as an animal is an honor and their spirits are vital parts of their lives.
the represent human attitiudes like strenghts, wisedom aso.

-->..Getting better to the big bang however it is in favour of the existence of a creator, in my opinion..

the problem starts with the simple slogan "i WANT to believe!". even if we ever find strong and unchangable facts for a cosmical big bang and the absence of some creator, this will never stop sentences like "yes, but god faked all of this that way so he can keep unnoticable".

right now creationist use this same analogy with age dating methods or the ange of the earth in general. this is no argument at all and cant be prooved or disprooved so its not scientific in the first place.

religion is a matter of believe and science a matter of facts. but you will need both at the same time to make one of them work.

a spiritual mind without knowledge is lost as well as the smartest mind is useless without a ethical/religious/spiritual (call it how you like) guide.

i think "and god created all mankind" should be rewritten into "and all mankind created god" (this is not ment negative at all!)
from the philosophical point of view that just means that all living forms are more then just biological, working constructions. believing into a higher level of existence then presence is the difference between us and a stone.

so whatever you do, whatever you investigate, try to create or invent is more then the fact that you can do it.

portfolio:
Re: Big Bang [Re: Blattsalat] #84701
08/24/06 13:49
08/24/06 13:49
mpdeveloper_B Offline
Expert
mpdeveloper_B  Offline
Expert

umm... wasn't this thread just about the universe....can we stay on topic?

i agree with phoemox's universal discription, it's infinate, although a human mind may not be able to understand that it is infinate, and that anything can be infinate, it is. you do not have to understand the universe for it to exist the way it does.

@3drichard: hey, that bite mark looks like mine...how did you get that cookie, i want it back.

Last edited by Manslayer101; 08/24/06 13:52.

- aka Manslayer101
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite