Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
basik85278
by basik85278. 04/28/24 08:56
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by M_D. 04/26/24 20:03
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
M1 Oversampling
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:12
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, NeoDumont), 761 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: William] #89448
10/21/06 20:56
10/21/06 20:56
Jesusland
Towelie Offline
Serious User
Towelie  Offline
Serious User

Jesusland
Yeah, things are the way theyre supposed to be around here.
If I met that lady in person, I'd give her a good old Red Foreman 'swift kick in the ass'

Jimmy died, today, he blew his brains out into the bay, in the state of mind, its my own private suicide. A stitch in time saves nine... what the hell does that mean?!?
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: Towelie] #89449
10/23/06 07:38
10/23/06 07:38
Switzerland - Zurich
sinnlos Offline
sinnlos  Offline

Switzerland - Zurich
this weekend i watched a documentary film which belongs to this theme.
it was called "God's next Army" i've found it on video.google, here it is:

video.google.com - God's next Army

(the first minutes of this video is the end of another film and some commercials...it starts after that)

it is difficult to explain what its about, since english is not my mother-tounge. but i'll try:

its about a college that teaches the students to become fanatic religous politicians. it seems that this college has good connections to the white house.
they maybe not as fanatic like those crazy people from jesus-camp but far more intelligent, and that makes it far more frightening.
also frightening is, that they are not only fanatic religous, they are also fanatic nationalists.
when there is an election, the students dont need to go to school but need to help republicans politicians to get their votes.

argh... can't explain it anymore, my english sucks... you better watch the film to understand.

cheers

sinnlos

Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: sinnlos] #89450
10/23/06 11:53
10/23/06 11:53
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
These guys are crazy ... The sad thing is, these people do not seem to have a choice.

Quote:

I finally had give up all my ambitions and .. [started to listen to THEIR advice]

That's from about halfway, after a commercial.

And still the guy doesn't seem to notice that he's getting brainwashed bigtime there. He should listen to himself, rewind that tape, listen to it and THINK about it.

Things like this totally disgust me, regardless of being religious of nature, that's not what disturbs me here, it's the amount of control that's disturbing...

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: PHeMoX] #89451
10/23/06 12:31
10/23/06 12:31
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Jesus Camp is bible-bashing, which is being too pressing/pushy and imposing Christianity on someone in such a way that they will be put against it.

in terms of Christianity being just as bad as Islam -- when it comes to craziness, i'd like to point out, as i'm completely aware that suicide bombers aren't representatives of the beliefs of every Muslim -- i'd have to say that Christians in general are quite good.

those suicide bomber's aren't extreme Muslims, because that implies that the more Muslim u are the more inclined u are to kill urself as well as as many other people as possible.

i'm sure there is craziness on all sides, but i'd just like to point out that those (at least where they'd kill to make a point) are examples of bad Christians/Muslims/etc.

Julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: JibbSmart] #89452
10/23/06 15:24
10/23/06 15:24
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
You're obviously not getting my point in the first place. This is not about good or bad christians at all. It's about the way they abuse people's faith in general. This happens on all religious sides, and I think all extremes are just as crazy. Christianity most certainly isn't any better, just look at what the churchs has done in the past, look at a lot of more recent wars too. You might not want to know what get's done 'in name of Christianity', but that doesn't prevent it from happening.

Quote:

those suicide bomber's aren't extreme Muslims, because that implies that the more Muslim u are the more inclined u are to kill urself as well as as many other people as possible.

This is ill reasoning. What do you mean a suicide bomber isn't an extreme muslim? Off course he is an extreme muslim! His ultimate goal is not to kill himself afterall, but to do 'good in name of the Islam' and after that go to heaven and get the promised virgins and an eternal afterlife. Extreme Christians are no different in this respect.

Christians might not be tempted as quick to kill themselves as those islamic suicide bombers, but that obviously has a reason.

It's simply because Christians often believe commiting suicide will get you in Hell, not in Heaven.

Oww and in general those bad muslims aren't seen as 'bad muslims' at all, they become martyrs. It's an interesting question to see wether or not for example those Christian 'saints' actually were 'good'.

I haven't done any research, so I probably can't come up with specific examples, but there's always 'the way people were, and the way people want to be remembered'. Apart from that, what we now think off as 'good', might not have been the same in the past either. Probably not actually.

Cheers

Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: PHeMoX] #89453
10/23/06 19:31
10/23/06 19:31
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:

This happens on all religious sides

It helps your cause, however, if your holy book says abominations like below:

Quote:

"Prophet, rouse the faithful to arms. If there are twenty steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish two hundred; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding." (Koran 8:65)

Okay! You read it, so then let's go out and rout and kill all of the unbelievers, YEAH!

Oh I forgot, I'm not a muslim. Eggh, forget it...

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: Ran Man] #89454
10/23/06 20:22
10/23/06 20:22
Switzerland - Zurich
zwecklos Offline
zwecklos  Offline

Switzerland - Zurich
humans are able to travle to the moon, we can reach other planets with probes and robotronic vehicles.
in the other hand we still believe in fairy tale's and false prophets.

how peacefully could life be if there were no religion. time for us to become arisen.

cheers

Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: zwecklos] #89455
10/23/06 20:44
10/23/06 20:44
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
I would agree with you friend, but I think "Cain the Cougar" below has other ideas.

Aye Matie...
Shiver me timbers!!!
Aha! No more walking the plank.

Soon Ran's game will be released!
And it will conquer the ENTIRE world!!!!
It's time for some fun I tell ye!

Woo, Ha, Ha!!!

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: Ran Man] #89456
10/23/06 20:57
10/23/06 20:57
Switzerland - Zurich
zwecklos Offline
zwecklos  Offline

Switzerland - Zurich
ROFL

Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: Ran Man] #89457
10/23/06 22:14
10/23/06 22:14
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

It helps your cause, however, if your holy book says abominations like below:

Christianity never was friendly to nonbelievers either, the past is all the evidence we need to prove that.

Stating there is crazyness on both sides doesn't help my cause. Suicide bombers simply won't last long enough for it to help my cause. *sigh* Most of the time, one bomb does the job, even if it fails to blow, they'll get a death penalty anyways...

Quote:

Okay! You read it, so then let's go out and rout and kill all of the unbelievers, YEAH!

I'll have to look through my koran for this verse, but I'm sure you've ripped it out of it's context one way or the other.

Cheers

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite