Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: PHeMoX] #89458
10/24/06 01:44
10/24/06 01:44
Switzerland; Zurich
S
Sebe Offline
Serious User
Sebe  Offline
Serious User
S

Switzerland; Zurich
Quoting "evil" passages from the koran is completely senseless. There are passages in the old testament of the bible that are at least the same cruel and stupid. Both books have a lot of crap, but also good parts in them.

Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: Sebe] #89459
10/24/06 02:59
10/24/06 02:59
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
People mess up Christianity. Religion, is a byproduct of people. The Old Testament is often misunderstood, or misused by organizations and individuals. It is explained in Romans that the old testemant was the old plan, and is not to be followed. Considering the New Testament is to be followed, Christianity is based on love for the Trinity and for your fellow man, rather than war. The Old Testament serves more as history, and makes for good reading.

This is why I wouldn't consider myself religous, because all to often you will be missing out on the full picture following a particular religion. I am sure everyone has seen some sort of fighting within religous organizations based off of Christianity(The old testament) and personal ambitions; this makes things confusing if you have no understanding of the bible. Unfortuantly, that's what this video shows. I'm not going to comment on the Koran, as I have not read it as a whole, and context is a big thing when your looking into these things.

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: Ran Man] #89460
10/24/06 08:25
10/24/06 08:25
M
Matt_Aufderheide Offline
Expert
Matt_Aufderheide  Offline
Expert
M

Quote:

Quote:

This happens on all religious sides

It helps your cause, however, if your holy book says abominations like below:

Quote:

"Prophet, rouse the faithful to arms. If there are twenty steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish two hundred; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding." (Koran 8:65)

Okay! You read it, so then let's go out and rout and kill all of the unbelievers, YEAH!

Oh I forgot, I'm not a muslim. Eggh, forget it...

I think we can all agree Ran Man is mentally ill. Ran, you should go away; everything you say is completely retarded.

Sphere Engine--the premier A6 graphics plugin.
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: PHeMoX] #89461
10/25/06 04:30
10/25/06 04:30
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:

Stating there is crazyness on both sides doesn't help my cause. Suicide bombers simply won't last long enough for it to help my cause. *sigh*

About the suicide bombers:
Okay, interesting, but where are all the "Christian" suicide bombers? Probably because the bible teaches that we'll go to hell if we murder people? I don't see any Christian-suicide bombers for some reason.

The Koran has many verses that guarantee riches to Jihad followers.

Quote:

everything you say is completely retarded

Why?
Just because I have a different viewpoint ?
Anyways, this new game level I'm making over here has lots of hell preaching and lava all around. HAHA! Funny stuff... And God says--> TURN! TURN FROM YOUR EVIL WAYS. WHY WILL YOU DIE?!?!

Gee, I hope Conitec is okay with a game like this. lol
Enough to scare the murderous jihad right out of anybody.

Last edited by Ran Man; 10/25/06 04:35.

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: Ran Man] #89462
10/25/06 07:55
10/25/06 07:55
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
Quote:

You're obviously not getting my point in the first place.

whoa whoa! settle down! ur obviously not getting my point in the first place im not saying that those muslims aren't being extreme, im saying that they aren't being extreme muslims, meaning they aren't doing what they do because they are super muslims, but because they think they are and are misinterpreting their own doctrines.
Quote:

Christianity never was friendly to nonbelievers either, the past is all the evidence we need to prove that.

another example proving my point. those who have been unfriendly to nonbelievers get no encouragement from the New Testament, and in fact are told not to all over the place. they are just misinterpreting their own doctrines, or missing some key information.
william explains it beautifully when he says that the Old Testament is not what is meant to be followed by Christians. i hadn't read his post, and was about to type this when i scrolled up for another read through and found that my thoughts echo his: the Old Testament serves as a history; the New Testament does the same, but its teachings also replace the Old Testament teachings.
another point: only bad muslims think those bad muslims are martyrs.

julz

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: Ran Man] #89463
10/25/06 08:08
10/25/06 08:08
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
Aight, Matt buys your game, ye make peace, and we all goto Jesus camp in the pope mobile(which of course, is now rigged with v2 rockets and pipebombs). Who's in?

Check out Silas. www.kartsilas.com

Hear my band Finding Fire - www.myspace.com/findingfire

Daily dev updates - http://kartsilas.blogspot.com/
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: JibbSmart] #89464
10/25/06 15:24
10/25/06 15:24
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

whoa whoa! settle down! ur obviously not getting my point in the first place im not saying that those muslims aren't being extreme, im saying that they aren't being extreme muslims, meaning they aren't doing what they do because they are super muslims, but because they think they are and are misinterpreting their own doctrines.

When do you call someone a Christian? In my humble opinion when they see themselves as being a Christian. Same goes for muslims. Try convincing a muslim extremist he's not a 'real' muslim, it won't work. Infact, it's best not even to try ...

Quote:

only bad muslims think those bad muslims are martyrs.

This really is untrue. Look in the koran, there are lines who support actions in favour of their religion, infact similar lines can be found in the bible too. If you like, I could quote some.

Quote:

those who have been unfriendly to nonbelievers get no encouragement from the New Testament, and in fact are told not to all over the place. they are just misinterpreting their own doctrines, or missing some key information.

I definately agree with your argument here, however it still doesn't make them 'not christian' in any way, because that's what you're trying to prove, right?

The difference between the Old Testament and the New Testament is quite strange to bring up too. Yes, the Old Testament may be pretty violent indeed, however I've never heard a Christian judge the content of the Old Testament and saying it's wrong or what it teaches isn't right. Instead, they wave it away as 'history', like you do.

Besides, on the extreme sides, the Old Testament is generally seen as the truth, simply because it's older and more 'authentic'.

Quote:

Probably because the bible teaches that we'll go to hell if we murder people?

Infact, the Koran teaches this too, however there are certain 'exceptions', just like in Christianity. Why else do you think it has been such a big issue in the past wether or not 'native americans' actually had a soul and really were human and stuff like that?

Cheers

Last edited by PHeMoX; 10/25/06 15:26.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: William] #89465
10/25/06 15:42
10/25/06 15:42
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:

Who's in?

I'm in !
Count me in please!!!

@ Phemox
Okay, but don't forget friend that both white man and native american's were racist against each other. The only difference between them was that the white man had the bigger guns and weaponry.

There were many Indian raids that targeting only white people in those days and they killed everyone. They killed soldiers, women, children, whatever...

Racism is just a human industry and keeps going on for centuries.

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: Ran Man] #89466
10/25/06 16:44
10/25/06 16:44
T
testDummy Offline
Serious User
testDummy  Offline
Serious User
T

Ran Man, if you want to generate more sales, and I tend to think that you might like to do so, perhaps you should refrain from personifying and characterizing 'god' in your 'own image'. Maybe you shouldn't insert your own word choices into dialog spoken by 'god' in software you produce. Some parties might consider such actions to be blasphemous and profane.

Quote:

The only difference between them was that the white man had the bigger guns and weaponry.

If this absolute statement is slightly bumped out of context, it seems to imply that there is only one difference between 'Native Americans' and 'Whitemen'. Because this implication is seemingly absurd, I may assume that a reverse interpretation was intended.

Quote:

"Prophet, rouse the faithful to arms. If there are twenty steadfast men among you, they shall vanquish two hundred; and if there are a hundred, they shall rout a thousand unbelievers, for they are devoid of understanding."

This may read like a pep talk with a smidgeon of "I just learned to multiply and I'm really pleased with myself".

Re: Jesus Camp film trailer [Re: Ran Man] #89467
10/25/06 17:28
10/25/06 17:28
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:

There were many Indian raids that targeting only white people in those days and they killed everyone.

But you probably know damn well what caused them to start behaving like that, ran man old pal ...

It has also been because white people, stupid as they were , couldn't understand that indians never heard of 'own property' in the way the white people understood that concept. The natives their interest in the things the white people brought with them isn't more than logical, everyone would be curious in such a situation. I could go on telling you about why you're view so wrong, but i fear it would be a waste of time.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite