by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Quad, 1 invisible), 927 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
Re: [Sphere] Sphere 2 Released [Re: D3D] #92488
10/03/06 04:10
10/03/06 04:10
U.S.
Why_Do_I_Die Offline
Warned
Why_Do_I_Die  Offline
Warned

U.S.
MAN I WANT TO PLAY WITH THIS BUT I DONT HAVE COMMERCIAL VERSION

Re: [Sphere] Sphere 2 Released [Re: D3D] #92489
10/03/06 04:38
10/03/06 04:38
Racine, WI, USA
dreadFusemonkey Offline
dreadFusemonkey  Offline

Racine, WI, USA
Quote:

Hmm this is strange, when I remove the 'sphere.dll' from the published folder the game runs and the options screen is displayed with the nice Sphere2 image. I can select indoor and outdoor, the levels load, but they are almost empty -> just few objects like stone or that creature is visible and blue-greyish background can be seen.

Is the D3D dll also in the CD folder that was generated, or at least in your windows system folder or somewhere in your system path? Just a hunch. These were the same symptoms I experienced when I tried to run the game before I read the "manual", and thus, before I downloaded and placed the D3Dx9...dll.

To crush your enemy...see them driven before you, and to hear da lamentation of da vimmen!
Re: [Sphere] Sphere 2 Released [Re: dreadFusemonkey] #92490
10/03/06 05:00
10/03/06 05:00
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Quote:

Is the D3D dll also in the CD folder that was generated..

@ dreadFusemonkey:

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904) Have it updated from Microsoft website. Also I did in fact read the manual (the same message as with Sphere 1.1) "You MUST have installed the latest DirectX dll called 'd3d9x_26.dll'. Sphere wil fail without this. If you have downloaded and installed the very latest DirectX update it should be installed already." Therefore I asumed that when you download the update for DirectX, you get the latest right?

I interpreted what Matt says actualy as: "You must 'at least' have installed DirectX dll called 'd3d9x_26.dll'. Sphere wil fail without this. If you have downloaded and installed the very latest DirectX update it should be installed already."

I know it doesn't work, but anyways lets try your hunch by searching my computer for this file. Not found. Hmm perhaps downloading DirectX End-User Runtimes (April 2006) Full Download will help. Ah found 'd3dx9_26.dll' inside Jun2005_d3dx9_26_x86.cab, let's copy it over to the published folder.

Run the game. Nope same problem as showed on the image in my previous post, where only few object are visible and the background. Little mistake, forgot to put the sphere.dll back into the published folder because previously it would give me a JiT. Ok copied sphere.dll to published folder, now lets run the game.. Argh trows unhandled exception in Sphere_demo_exe again

Dusty

smile
Re: How real [Re: Loopix] #92491
10/03/06 09:34
10/03/06 09:34
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Quote:

und die sphere.dll haste auch ganz sicher in den gamestudio acknex_plugins ordner reinkopiert??

Jepp! Das merke ich auch entsprechend an der Fehlermeldung, sobald ich stattdessen die alte DLL in den Ordner packe, gibt's andere Fehlermeldungen.

When I replace the new DLL with the old one of Sphere 1.1 I get this Error: "Error W1513 [in difference to 1523] Crash in Sp_devicereset" [in difference to "Sp_devicereset not found in DLL"]. This means that the DLL is in the right folder!!!

Re: [Sphere] Sphere 2 Released [Re: D3D] #92492
10/03/06 14:06
10/03/06 14:06
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
Ok I got a little closer to solve the problem, actualy I solved it. I think there is a problem when someone would try to publish the demo_inside.wmp level. Because a lot of .fx files didn't got copied to the published folder. Why? I don't know yet. Anyone can confirm this?

Please be kind and remove the previous published directory if there is any and then try to build and publish the inside_demo.wmp level NOT the Island_demo_2.wmp, then put sphere.dll into that directory and run the exe from the published directory with -wnd otherwise perhaps you lockup the computer.

Now you can't run the game and get missing .dds error right? Don't press OK, the time I did that my computer hung. Just click CANCEL. You need to first copy the 'images' folder and copy over the missing .fx files to the published directory, then it runs fine.

@ Matt_Aufderheide:

Why doesn't Sphere2 give error message about missing shaders? Or does it do that, but it's prevented by the debugger and trow a exception instead? Also why do you keep these lines inside indoor_demo.wmp:

Code:
	wad {
0 0 0 0 0
<d:\program files\gstudio6\wads\damned.wad> 1
}

folder {
<d:\program files\gstudio6\damned\textures> 1
}

Dusty

My offer still stands btw:

How about someone download the Sphere2 demo and create a complete tutorial based of the demo. This way people like me can learn from the bare-minimum howto do it on their own with their own models and scripts and use of the shaders. If someone would do this in George Pirvu style (just to say how good it must be ) and share it with all Sphere users. I'll buy Sphere2 for you!? Just ask for details i'm very serious.

smile
Re: [Sphere] Sphere 2 Released [Re: D3D] #92493
10/04/06 10:28
10/04/06 10:28
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Amazing tool.

It runs very fine. And the fact that I can switch off certain features to speed up FPS on lower system is a very good addition.

The columetric clouds are absolutely amazing. I never saw such a great animated sky in a game so far.

The parallax mapping at the ground is very cool and the foam at the shoreline adds to it.

I really felt like wandering through an island of the latest Oblivion-game.

PS: To Dusty. I really thought about creating a manual with lots of pictures and additional help regarding modelling and texturing. But that would become a little book very fast. So I think it is no task to do it for free. I could do it if there would be enough people willing to pay a few bucks (maybe 5 $, I am not sure how many users are in need of it).

But at the other hand Matt could do it himself.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: [Sphere] Sphere 2 Released [Re: Machinery_Frank] #92494
10/04/06 12:57
10/04/06 12:57
planet.earth
ello Offline
Senior Expert
ello  Offline
Senior Expert

planet.earth
i guess that'd be great if you create a tut. but i'd appreciate that it would lead step by step from an empty level and zero script to a small level.. including setting up models etc.

Re: [Sphere] Sphere 2 Released [Re: ello] #92495
10/04/06 14:54
10/04/06 14:54
Germany
TimeOut Offline
User
TimeOut  Offline
User

Germany
Year a tutorial would be great.

Athlon 64 3700+ 2048 MB DDR PC400 Dual Corsair XFX Geforce 7800 GT A6 Commercial 6.4
Re: [Sphere] Sphere 2 Released [Re: TimeOut] #92496
10/04/06 17:46
10/04/06 17:46
CH
M
maximo Offline
maximo  Offline
M

CH
Last year Tester adapt "sphere 1.1" scrypt, to use with Templates (6.31.4). If someone could do the same with "sphere2" and the actual version (6.40.5) it will be great.

maximo
Re: [Sphere] Sphere 2 Released [Re: Machinery_Frank] #92497
10/05/06 12:26
10/05/06 12:26
Netherlands
D3D Offline
Serious User
D3D  Offline
Serious User

Netherlands
@ Frank_G: I would be also very interested in such manual. Doesn't have to become a book though, that take to much time. Only thing is that I and a lot of other people don't have 3D Studio Max. However i'm saving money and in the near future i'm going to buy a modeling suite in the 500-1000 dollar range, that is if I can't learn doing it in Blender. Guess the same princepals would apply.

@ Ello: Yes that was exactly what I meant. Although there is a Sphere_doc, it doesn't learn me everything about the how when where and why sth. Sure I could replace Matt's artwork with my own scripts and models, but it takes way to much time. I don't realy understand what i'm doing without a manual. So what I can make with the sphere engine isn't going to look real good. At least not this year.

A clean start with an empty level, slowely working up to building a little demo level with all topics such as models, textures, lights, scripts, shaders covered would be awesome. I hope that Matt, while he works on the Sphere 3.0 engine in the near future, would take the time to document the steps he takes building a working level. Not the modeling part, but how he put it altogether and some tips for when using models or textures how they best apply with shaders.

@ maximo: Sphere 2.0 is compatible with GameStudio A6.40.5, or did you mean someone adapt Sphere 2.0 to work with A6.31.4? The last would be strange thing to do, because the current acknex engine version is working better.

--------------------

Anyways at least I have figured out how to measure fps while running inside_demolevel, I hit F11 and ESC. Also finaly understand why Sphere 2.0 didn't worked when I published the project. Other people don't seem to have problems with it. But on my system it didn't copied all the images and shaders to the published directory.

The last time I thought it would just happen when I build and publish the inside demo. However after trying to build and publish the outside demo the same problem occurred with the missing images/shaders.

Solved this by copy the 'images' folder + all shaders .fx's to the published directory. I should have known why my level looked so strange, because in the past with IceX 2.0 there was a similar problem, only that time with .fx files not being named right and therefore the level didn't displayed properly. However, back then it did give me a warning message.

Sphere 2.0 doesn't give me any warning about the missing .fx's problem. The only details I got was that an unhandled exception occurred within sphere_demo.exe. Perhaps this is due to the c++ debugger captured the error beforehand and tried to debug it. I don't know the answer yet.

Dusty

smile
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

Moderated by  aztec, Blink, HeelX 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de