by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Quad, aliswee), 835 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14
Re: What's next? [Re: FinalGod] #96859
04/24/07 19:18
04/24/07 19:18
Bay Area
Doug Offline
Senior Expert
Doug  Offline
Senior Expert

Bay Area
Quote:

...MED-drop it Conitec...why waste development time with it-we need this time more in the Engine itself, becource Gamestudio lacks a lot of features.

The problem with this logic is that the person that works on MED isn't the same person who works on the Engine. So dropping MED will not make other features appear any faster, it will just damage the "Studio" part of 3DGameStudio.

The better solution is to hire more people to work on the engine.

Conitec's Free Resources:
User Magazine || Docs and Tutorials || WIKI
Re: What's next? [Re: Doug] #96860
04/24/07 19:33
04/24/07 19:33
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

When do the reinforcements arrive?

Re: What's next? [Re: FBL] #96861
04/24/07 21:52
04/24/07 21:52
Michigan,USA
alienheretic Offline
alienheretic  Offline

Michigan,USA
the problem is not getting smooth deformations with vertex animation but rather getting smooth deformations and using bones at the same time!

Re: What's next? [Re: alienheretic] #96862
04/24/07 22:19
04/24/07 22:19
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Another advantage of bones vs. vertex animation is the file size.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: What's next? [Re: Doug] #96863
04/25/07 05:11
04/25/07 05:11
F
FinalGod Offline
FinalGod  Offline
F

Quote:

The problem with this logic is that the person that works on MED isn't the same person who works on the Engine. So dropping MED will not make other features appear any faster, it will just damage the "Studio" part of 3DGameStudio.

The better solution is to hire more people to work on the engine.

Hi Doug,
but that is that what iam talking about. Give all possible resources to missing engine features.

How old is this topic? -its VERY ok if you ask the users what to integrate next, but in this time this feature (Softshadows votet most) must now already be here, so jump on to the next part of requested features. According to the Betapage there is done a lot-but not that what is really needed, for modelling, texturing, animating,...,... is MED for sure not best/used by the most. For the most users it just a fileformat converter or needed to integrate more skins.

Last edited by FinalGod; 04/25/07 05:51.
Re: What's next? [Re: Machinery_Frank] #96864
04/25/07 05:20
04/25/07 05:20
F
FinalGod Offline
FinalGod  Offline
F

Quote:

the problem is not getting smooth deformations with vertex animation but rather getting smooth deformations and using bones at the same time!

True, with pure vertexanimation you get on "highres" Characters even smoother animations (according to the limit of blend vertexes the engine could handle, and as i did read conitec whant to inegrate only 2 vertex blending), than with bonebased animation, but it lacks on "interactivity"

Quote:

Another advantage of bones vs. vertex animation is the file size.

You, but it would be even greater if it would be possible to seperate the animated bones from the file with the rigged one. As far as i know Gamestudio actually need it that its in one file, well it would be possible to animate the bones by hand but... lol

Re: What's next? [Re: FinalGod] #96865
04/25/07 08:00
04/25/07 08:00
broozar Offline
Expert
broozar  Offline
Expert

@FinalGod: i do not need interactivity, so i animate my models with BONES in any of my modelling applications, let it CONVERT to vert anims and then use it. so my WEIGHTING is done in my modelling software (which is obviously not MED). and yes, i am working on models that have a higher polycount than 2500 tris. if i had to do this in MED, i'd rather quit it.
Quote:

For the most users it just a fileformat converter

exactly. and i do not expect more, as long as i can do anything else by script or in my preferred modelling package.

btw, there is no reason to argue as the decision has already been made.

Re: What's next? [Re: broozar] #96866
04/25/07 10:25
04/25/07 10:25
F
FinalGod Offline
FinalGod  Offline
F

Quote:

broozar
i do not need interactivity, CONVERT to vert anims

With other words you dont have that a need for a good boneanimation system in Gamestudio, but i and other seams to need it. We was happy to get it and after we see it was only primitive 1 weighting system we say give us a real thing-maybe the same you would do if softshadows comes and it would work only on static meshes for example=not fully integrated

Quote:

broozar
btw, there is no reason to argue as the decision has already been made.

Why should there be no reson? Its always worth to talk about something you like or dislike, and talking is important that conitec know whats up...

Re: What's next? [Re: FinalGod] #96867
04/25/07 16:19
04/25/07 16:19
SC, United States
xXxGuitar511 Offline
Expert
xXxGuitar511  Offline
Expert

SC, United States
@FinalGod: First, get some experience with 3DGS and show us what you can do before comming here and b*tching about sh*t. conitec works very hard to ensure that everything is working fine, providing support for the thousands of users, and making large progress on the new A7 engine, which is a major upgrade from A6.

Yes, there are some features that we're all hoping for (soft-shadows, better static shadows, bone weighting, etc), and conitec works to add these features when they can. Nothing is promised, the package is already done, their just adding more features for us.

Your infactual posts and numerous spelling errors make you seem very uneducated...

Please feel free to STFU...

xXxGuitar511
- Programmer
Re: What's next? [Re: xXxGuitar511] #96868
04/25/07 17:20
04/25/07 17:20
F
FinalGod Offline
FinalGod  Offline
F

Quote:

First, get some experience with 3DGS

still got my first white sybex 3.5 zoll floppy discs here with them i started for many years with gamestudio to now to my Com 6.506. I would more say that iam b*tching (like your seams language is to be used) becource my knowlegde of 3 versions

Quote:

conitec works very hard

no one says anything else, or did one???

Quote:

large progress on the new A7 engine...to ensure that everything is working fine...

I hope A7 becomes useable then shader on levergeometry is still not working in A6 what makes the usage of the bsp based A6 engine with the shader feature real questionable...

Quote:

providing support for the thousands of users

how about givin support in shadow system, or are the dynamic shadows acually not more drawn from one romm to the other threw walls?

Quote:

which is a major upgrade from A6.

we will see, actually the main feature is new renderer, if they fix the other bugs was never answered

Quote:

and conitec works to add these features when they can

I hope so, the question is WHEN do they bring this. Is it coming for A6 or in some month/years in A7...

Quote:

numerous spelling errors make you seem very uneducated...

at least i got some education, maybe you get it once...
Iam from Germany and not from an english based country. Would be the same if i go out and try to correct posts from others who try to write german. And it is childish to come with that "arguments" or with a complete post in a topic with a post which have nothing to do with the theme of it.

Quote:

Please feel free to STFU...

I dont let me from someone say that i have to shut up, if iam talking about product related thing-your spelling sounds a little that you have a hang to rassism...

Next time post somthing related to a topic-here is discussion about whats next and not how to go out and spam. education-you used that word?

Page 13 of 14 1 2 11 12 13 14

Moderated by  Matt_Coles 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de