Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 01:28
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 792 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 3 more update video's [Re: EX Citer] #97597
11/08/06 14:05
11/08/06 14:05
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
Kenneth J. Williams Offline OP
Kenneth J. Williams  Offline OP
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
All the Tutorials in the world wont help if you don't have the proper software to make the graphics and I don't have any more money to buy software.

My funds are use up and the models that I were trying to use don't show up because they have to be small or they backfire into my gun model because they are big too.

I am happy with the sprits and that's what matters to me.

Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 3 more update video's [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97598
11/08/06 18:14
11/08/06 18:14
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
TheGimp is free, so money is not the problem ...

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 3 more update video's [Re: PHeMoX] #97599
11/08/06 19:10
11/08/06 19:10
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
I will try I have not been able to find a turtorial on making photons are FX yet so if you can give me a link that will help.

I want to make them kind of look like they are glowing.

I have had a hard time getting particle weapons to work with my game because I am using the templates.

I had a particle FX script written for me but it has some problems.

So I want to stick with the sprites because they are working but I do want them to look a little better so I am looking for a tutorial that I can use with TheGimp now.

Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 3 more update video's [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97600
11/08/06 21:26
11/08/06 21:26
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
I am still having trouble trying to make any improvments on the sprites I have some that are slightly better that I made but none with Gimp yet it is hard to get the hang of at the moment still learning how it works.

Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 3 more update video's [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97601
11/09/06 08:54
11/09/06 08:54
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
well, I never used gimp (with never I mean maybe one time) but here a quick tutorial:
1) data -> new file -> size 64x64 pixel 24bit color
2) fill picture with blue (the fill tool looks like a bucket I guess)
3) select airbrush and draw a slightly white blurry cirlce in the center
4) go into channels (there are some windows, like tools, layers and so on, and one should be called channels (RedGreenBlue/RGB))
5) create a new channel (if you donīt understand how, read the damn manual what it says about creating CHANNELs)
6) draw with the airbrush in the new CHANNEL (usually called alpha1) a white blurred circle on the black background
7) go back into the rgb channel
8) go on save file as
9) file name: plasma.tga, file type: targa bitmap (TGA) 32bit(!) not 24bit(or was it byte?)

:L
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 3 more update video's [Re: EX Citer] #97602
11/09/06 15:11
11/09/06 15:11
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
I tryed just about everything all morning but the background is showing up in the plasma.tga file I don't know why it keeps showing up. I will keep at it though.

Last edited by Kenneth J. Williams; 11/09/06 19:56.
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 3 more update video's [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97603
11/09/06 23:50
11/09/06 23:50
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
Ok I got some graphics going on I found some sprites and edited them to make more colors they are electric plasma balls.

I also found a way to fix the clipping range and I also found a way to speed up the gameplay to.

I will have some update videos online by tomorrow.

Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 3 more update video's [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97604
11/10/06 18:27
11/10/06 18:27
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
http://www.789site.com/other6/
Ok I got some new videos here.

I got the plasma to work in the indoor level with the single weapon. But if I use those in the outdoor level they dont look right because a little bit of black would show.

I did get some better sprites to use for my outdoor levels that don't show any black around the edges and they look ok.

I did try and make the explosions look a little better. I also made some movement in my weapons a little recoil.

I fixed the clipping range on most of my levels, and I also made gameplay a lot more faster. Everything works at a very good speed now.

Last edited by Kenneth J. Williams; 11/10/06 18:27.
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 3 more update video's [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97605
11/10/06 21:43
11/10/06 21:43
Straight_Heart Offline
Straight_Heart  Offline

.................ugghhh

Can you stop milking this tired series please?

These games you make are incredibly annoying, it seems you dont put enough time trying to flesh out every aspect of the game. The keyword is "seems" because I know your going to tell me you worked so hard on this, and thats wonderful. But the impression is that you just keep slapping on unoriginal models and sound effects with the same "engine", and keep trying to sell this game. Im glad you are getting sales, but I dont see why.

People keep trying to tell you how to improve your game but you insist on trying to offer some excuse, such as no money or how only "YOU" like it and "thats the only thing that matters." If the game only matters to you, then dont bother selling it or putting it on these forums. These members offering critiques ARE your customers, and they dont have to be game developers to offer suggestions. My aunt can tell when a game is bad or good, and she dosent know a thing about game development.

You should spend a massive amount of time just on the sprites, trying to perfect them. Dont be so quick to be satisfied by your initial work:

The explosions as said before need lots of work. The explosions are the "in the moment" reward for destroying these ships. Having just a sprite increase in scale does no justice to the craft, and no visually impressive award for the players. Use multiple sprite objects to fill out the volume of the explosions, put in sparks, flying debris, after smoke. In one of your movies I had seen a large mothercraft explode in just one sprite, this totally ruined the grandeur of the ship, and the act of seeing it taken down.

Your projectile sprites dont look like projectiles, mainly because they are static looking, non-areodynamic flying billboards. If you want to shoot electricity, you dont make a horizontally wide sprite that follows the camera, but you put the electricity in the shape of an orb/sphere shape. These types of shapes look better in fast motion (think of sonic when he runs fast and turns into a ball, a bullet in saving private ryan is an elongated yellow beam, etc)

What I did like was the whole commotion of the environment. I had seen beams come from behind tree lines and this added to the whole war atmosphere. Non scripted NPC's battling each other give the player a sense that he is in a moving and fighting world without his direct influence (this is in a non-multiplayer world I assume)

You're not as unique as you think you are, try again.
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 3 more update video's [Re: Straight_Heart] #97606
11/10/06 23:44
11/10/06 23:44
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
Kiss my ass you don't have to play them if you don't want to.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de