by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, Aku_Aku, ozgur), 1,095 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 3 more update video's [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97607
11/11/06 08:02
11/11/06 08:02
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
I agree with Straight_Heart.

I think everyone should nowadays able to use a photopaint program. I am getting sick of the students in my school who are absolutely unable to use photopaint, golive or freehand, and I am afraid when they will get teached flash. They got teached these programs many years, and they still act like idiots when using such a program. They are absolutely not interested in learning these programs. What happened to this world?

I am not glad that you are taking money for your games. YOu shouldnīt make games because you want money, but because you like video games. You should be glad to learn something to make better games. I donīt get it how you just can focus on the next time you will make money. You are pushing out your games like... wow!

Never thought to create a game to learn C-Script(better LiteC), photopaint and all the other things you need for a professional game? Create a hollow large cube put the default texture on it save it as "mycube" and build it, go into map properties, add as script "mytry.wdl" (type it). Create a textfile. Change the no_name.txt to mytry.wdl. Write into the mytry.wdl with a text editor or sed:

string lvl1 = <mycube.wmb>; //name of your cube level
var countforme;

function main
{
load_level(lvl1);
wait(3);
while(1)
{
countforme += 15*time;
countforme %= 360; //note: if >= 360 set to 0+rest amount, if < 0 set to 360-rest amount
camera.X = sin(countforme)*500;
camera.Z = sin(countforme)*100;
wait(1);
}
}

function getout()
{
EXIT;
}

on_esc = getout;

I hope this helps you understanding how to create a 100% own project. It is realy easy.

:L
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - 3 more update video's [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97608
11/11/06 11:35
11/11/06 11:35
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
hey, guys... stop...
critique is important, yes... but in the end it's still Kenneth who has to decide how to do it all.
The game isn't perfect, but it's not done yet, either... I would work a bit on the sprites, Straight_heart's right in that. If you wanna sell this game, good sprite's a great way to make it look a bunch better. But the game idea's good, and I'm sure you have spent a bunch of time on the game. So, just keep it up!

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - I could use some help. [Re: Germanunkol] #97609
11/11/06 13:03
11/11/06 13:03
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
Kenneth J. Williams Offline OP
Kenneth J. Williams  Offline OP
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
Hi, everyone I can work on the sprites some more don't have a problem with that.

I have just started to use the sprites in the game as the weapons luancher in the game. I was using models at first.

If I don't get the sprites to look better on some of the levels they can always be switched back.

I am just learning, the game is not done I just posted it because I wanted to get input on tips for improvement. I am not releasing the game this year.

I have been working on it for the past year or so.

Any help on creating the sprites would be welcome. I would give you credit in the game if you need to be paid for your work if your price is reasonable I would pay you.

Just look me up use the forum to contact me. I am looking for double plasma sprite weapons. In red, green, blue, and yellow. I am using them in my luancher weapon. I have been having trouble with them showing black around the edges and need this problem resolved.

But don't get angry with me because I don't get perfect scores on working with paint programs. When I was using the old A5 I would always use the built in sprites so I just never messed with making them before.

All they need is a little work.
Thank you.

Last edited by Kenneth J. Williams; 11/11/06 13:06.
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - I could use some help. [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97610
11/11/06 17:43
11/11/06 17:43
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
Here some useful GIMP tutorials for videogames:

http://www.wingimp.org/tutorial/fire/fire.html

http://www.wingimp.org/tutorial/fire2/fire2.html

http://www.wingimp.org/tutorial/reflection/reflection.html

http://www.wingimp.org/tutorial/rusty_obj/rusty_objects.html

http://www.wingimp.org/tutorial/shot/shot.html

http://www.wingimp.org/tutorial/reflection3/reflection.html

http://www.arcanefractals.com/tutorial_part1.shtml

http://gug.sunsite.dk/tutorials/tomcat9/

Btw, you can upload the TGA wwhere you cant get rid of the background, then I will tell you whats wrong.

I have to say game looks quite good. I watched that 43mb or something trailer. Just some sprites are awful, like the yellow one when you shoot. I hope you will make better ones.

Re: Army of Destruction 2 - I could use some help. [Re: EX Citer] #97611
11/11/06 18:03
11/11/06 18:03
Straight_Heart Offline
Straight_Heart  Offline

No Exciter, I dont ever plan to make MY games for money. Getting money for your games is an after effect of your labor. Judging by Kenneth's other series, he seems to be selling these games in the same style. So I thought this one will eventually be sold. Where did you get the idea that I sold my games?

"You are pushing out your games like... wow!"

Tell me if I'm wrong, but this comment seems to imply that why should I be critiquing Kenneth's work when I havent sold as many copies as he did. You've failed Exciter, because you missed the whole point. I and every other person here is the PUBLIC, we play your games, whether we are in the development field or not. You think all those game magazines that have people review games require these people to have years of modelling and programming? My aunt cant review a game because she has never sold a game in her life? I dont have to sell games to critique someone else's game. In fact its easier to critique a game when your not in development because you dont give sympathy to the team when they make technical excuses.

Im sure as hell Kenneth WILL sell this game when hes finished with it. Most of us use 3dgs as a toy, protoyping little games here and there, but never really selling it. When somone decides to sell the game, we always try to critique their work, because people's money is in the mix, and they will pay for things worth their time.

Im sure I was out of hand in the beginning of my original post and I appologize for saying it while you are cranky, but I ALWAYS offer a critique, ALWAYS. At school I always take in critique to heart, and change for improvement.

" When posting your work here, you expose it to criticism. If you are easily offended by negative opinions, don't post. When criticizing other peoples's work, don't forget: even making a bad game is a very hard and difficult task. "

which is why we critique.

You're not as unique as you think you are, try again.
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - I could use some help. [Re: Straight_Heart] #97612
11/11/06 18:45
11/11/06 18:45
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
Hi, everyone I just got the plasma working corectly they are transparent with no black showing and look great I will make some videos later. I could not seam to make double plasma but I am able to stretch the single shots a little I am using some sprites that I found in Easy Particals 3.

Thank you all.

Re: Army of Destruction 2 - I could use some help. [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97613
11/11/06 19:11
11/11/06 19:11
mpdeveloper_B Offline
Expert
mpdeveloper_B  Offline
Expert

hmm, could u post some regular screenshots to?

- aka Manslayer101
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - Plasma Fixed Video's [Re: mpdeveloper_B] #97614
11/12/06 01:05
11/12/06 01:05
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
http://www.789site.com/other2/
Here are the video shots of the new Plasma weapons.

I made the videos a little shorter my eyes were starting to bug me because I was working on it all day.

Thanks everyone for pushing me to correct the sprites for the plasma weapons.

Ok. I will post some screenshots too a little later because it may show what the game looks like a little clearer.

Last edited by Kenneth J. Williams; 11/12/06 01:08.
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - Plasma Fixed Video's [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97615
11/12/06 02:22
11/12/06 02:22
Spartanburg, S.C.
K
K

Spartanburg, S.C.
Here are the screenshots
http://www.789site.com/images12/

Last edited by Kenneth J. Williams; 11/12/06 02:31.
Re: Army of Destruction 2 - Plasma Fixed Video's [Re: Kenneth J. Williams] #97616
11/12/06 07:10
11/12/06 07:10
Berlin
EX Citer Offline
Expert
EX Citer  Offline
Expert

Berlin
The blue white sprite in screen shot 2, and the orange yellow sprites in screen shot 4 and 5, take a lot of quality of the game. You should look how the sprites(models) look in other games for that effect.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de