Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, Baklazhan, Ayumi, Hanky27), 1,387 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: New energy source? [Re: fogman] #98885
11/17/06 02:07
11/17/06 02:07
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
If I understand correctly, the sun is simply burning it's nuclear fuel, right? Meaning it'll stop generating (burning and thus producing) energy eventually. but after quite some time. This might be a problem, but most probably not a problem for mankind. We'd be the species living the longest of all if we'd witniss that moment in time I think.

Edit: Aah, yes, you are right Fogman.

Cheers

Last edited by PHeMoX; 11/17/06 14:31.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: New energy source? [Re: PHeMoX] #98886
11/17/06 12:36
11/17/06 12:36
Germany
F
fogman Offline
Expert
fogman  Offline
Expert
F

Germany
Quote:

...burning and thus producing...

Not producing. It transforms (burns) his saved energy. There can´t be energy produced out of nothing.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun#Life_cycle

no science involved
Re: New energy source? [Re: fogman] #98887
11/17/06 20:28
11/17/06 20:28
Netherlands
Joozey Offline OP
Expert
Joozey  Offline OP
Expert

Netherlands
But the transformed energy is not lost, there will never be more and never be less energy than the current amount, so I believe there is a certain constant of the amount of energy. I was not searching for a way to create more energy, but rather a way to gain more and efficient energy than the current methods.

The method I discribed in my first post would substract it's energy from the magnetic force. Eventually the magnet field will fade and the energy transformation will stop, however since not only the magnetic field's energy is used for electric energy, but also friction (despite the zero-gravity), it's not an efficient way. You'd constantly need to rotate the magnet again, so it is certainly not convenient for satelites to use.

In the other energy post Matt discribed a theory to drain energy from gravity, and maybe somehow there is a way with this theory to do so, but it should cost some energy from another form. The point is here, to search for an energy form useless for human kind but can be used in the progress to convert to another type which IS usefull for us.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite