by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Nymphodora), 485 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. #195467
09/28/05 17:09
09/28/05 17:09
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.

Hello everyone,

After a long long time, I managed to get another demo up for you. There you go..

Intense Ai - Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

For the faint of the heart, I've also made a slower version. Same rules, but both you and the bot are walking slower. Mouse sensitivity is also dropped.. a tad. However, you can 'cheat' by going faster than the bot, when keeping SHIFT pressed.

Intense Ai - Slower Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

It's you and one bot, powered with Intense Ai(duh), fighting it to the death. First to reach 20 Frags wins.

I'm also setting up a little contest for fun. If you get to win the match you'll be rewarded by a "secret password". The first one to post this password here will get a free copy of Intense Ai - Standard version, when it's out.

I think I made the bot pretty tough. The idea is, it's easier to make a hard Ai weaker, than visa versa. Other than that, the match is fair. Both the player and the bot have the same HitPoints, same speed and the bot never 'cheats' in any way. It's like playing multiplayer with another human player.

I think I'm gonna post a pic now...

Old timers may also recognise the level. I practicaly ripped every texture, sound, model and the music from the old game Doom II. This is the first map, Entryway, which I initially made myself, and then Bilbo_bogimps redid it cause mine was horrible . All the doom weapons are also there and they behave exacly like in the original. I had to go without the BGF though, cause that thing needed one full day to be coded and I really didn't had the time.. So, sorry BFG fans, maybe in another version .

Ok guys, N'joy. Let me know what you think.
Aris
Last edited by LarryLaffer; 09/29/05 08:16.

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
233 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: LarryLaffer] #195468
09/28/05 17:20
09/28/05 17:20
BagEnd, Hobbiton, The Shire, E...
B
Bilbo Offline
Senior Developer
Bilbo  Offline
Senior Developer
B

omg thats way to fast lol, and unbalanced =) the bot can 1shot kill and u spawn next to him :S also movement needs slowing down. anther thing is he knows where you are ahead of time, he can eneter a room already facing you and aimed at you.

Last edited by Bilbo_Bogimps; 09/28/05 17:36.

http://Lonewolfstudios.syxe.com - now in php! Bah, I'm nerd enough to enjoy the rattling ~ laethyn
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: LarryLaffer] #195469
09/28/05 17:33
09/28/05 17:33
Beverly, Massachusetts
Rhuarc Offline
Expert
Rhuarc  Offline
Expert

Beverly, Massachusetts
God that was tough.. That AI is way too fast, and the mouse sensitivity drove me nuts ^^.

"Three witches watch three swatch watches.
Which witch watch which swatch watch?"

-Rhuarc

I no longer post on these forums, keep in touch with me via:
Linkedin.com
My MSDN blog
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Rhuarc] #195470
09/28/05 17:54
09/28/05 17:54
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Lol, good job again

I can slow the Ai down, but that means slowing down the Player too to keep it fair. Or do you guys want just the Ai slowed down?

Anyhow, this was the same speed back in the doom days. I liked how fast the game was in multiplayer so I literaly 'timed' the speed in the original doom and got the same one here.

If more people dislike the speed I'll make a slower version for all you p*ssies

and what should I do with the mouse sensitivity? Slow it down too?

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: LarryLaffer] #195471
09/28/05 18:00
09/28/05 18:00
B
Bilbo Offline
Senior Developer
Bilbo  Offline
Senior Developer
B

i think its fair to slow both the bot and the player down to more modern standards cos thats what its more likely to be used for. sensitivity could be dropped a notch to.

http://Lonewolfstudios.syxe.com - now in php! Bah, I'm nerd enough to enjoy the rattling ~ laethyn
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Bilbo] #195472
09/28/05 18:14
Eastern Washington State
Z
Zio Offline
Zio  Offline
Z

Eastern Washington State
I don't think anything needs to be slower, the damage just needs to be balanced. The bot can one-shot-kill you with almost every gun, yet it takes two rocket launcher hits to kill him, making every other gun completely useless.

Arg Rhuarc, don't you already have AI? :P

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: LarryLaffer] #195473
Beverly, Massachusetts
Rhuarc Offline
Expert
Rhuarc  Offline
Expert

Beverly, Massachusetts
The mouse actually seems somewhat non-time scaled. It screams 'templates' with the sound effects and weapons behaviour, so I would think it would be properly scaled... Might want to take a peek though- every time I play a templates-based game this is the case with the mouse.

Otherwise, drop sensitivity just a *tad*.

Game speed is also a bit fast in my opinion. And I swear that bot moves faster than me... might be time-correction? He can also aim much faster than the mouse allows, meaning he can grab a gun one second and be shooting me the next without the time to turn around.

Jumping would help a whole lot too I got killed probably 5 times because I thought I could jump around to avoid his shots only to remember my feet were glued to the ground. I was toast.

EDIT: @zio- see contest thread.

-Rhuarc

Last edited by [Rhuarc]; 09/28/05 18:15.

I no longer post on these forums, keep in touch with me via:
Linkedin.com
My MSDN blog
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Rhuarc] #195474
09/28/05 18:31
09/28/05 18:31
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
It is not playable. The bot is too strong.

But I like the idea very much. I would love to see a cool Doom 1 - clone with all these nice musics, effects and monsters from the original game and a better AI.

I would love to play that for sure.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Rhuarc] #195475
09/28/05 18:47
09/28/05 18:47
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
@Zio: Shotgun deals a great deal of damage on short-range so the Bot can get a one-shot kill this way. Other than that, every weapon has its own advantages. I explain them a little bit here. They're perfectly balanced, cause I didn't do it, ID Software did.
The Rocket Launcher deals 100 damage, so if you needed two to kill the Bot, he most probably had the Green Armor on.

My favourite weapon for killing the bot is the shotgun, then plasma gun, then the rocket launcher. I'm not really fond of the chaingun though, I never did.

@Rhuarc: I use templates 6 for the animation, movement and physics. Doug did a terribly good job there and I couldn't think of a better system to start with. So far I'm very pleased with it and everything works great with the Ai. The mouse sensitivity suited my tastes as well, but if lots of people don't like it, I'll slow it down and make a new version.

As for the walking speed, it's the same. If you don't want to take my word for it, press F7 which will put you in the Bot's eyes. He just seems to be going crazy fast cause he's moving around all the time. I'm not really sure about the aiming though, I'll check it out later, right now I'm on a break

No jumping!!! The Bot can't jump so you don't jump either, those are the rules . When he's ready to jump, I'll enable it back for the player as well:).

After all, you couldn't jump or crouch in Doom II either . Why do you think I chose that game in the first place?

BTW, Intense Ai will work equally well for projects with or without Templates 6. I worked hard so it will be compatible both ways and will keep working independently of the version of Templates you're using or even if you're not using them at all.

I'm just saying that, cause I know it's an issue by many:)

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. [Re: Machinery_Frank] #195476
09/28/05 18:50
09/28/05 18:50
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline
RAFU  Offline

Pittsburgh PA
Have to come in here guys. The bot's weapons are exactly the same as yours. The rules are exactly the same for both the bot and player. I have beta tested this thing all summer. And yes I have come close to winning the 20 frags. It is quite possable. But please be aware the weapons are the same, he runs out of ammo, and he runs out of armor. He needs to pick it up just like you.

Sorry but the only reason you can't beat the bot is because he must be a better player than you
You guys arn't going to stand for that now are you?

INTENSE X: The ultimate plug-in for Gamestudio. Available now!
Join our Forums now! Discuss, Vote and win Free Upgrades!
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 23 24

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de