by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
5 registered members (ozgur, howardR, AndrewAMD, exile, Ayumi), 725 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 4
Page 10 of 24 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 23 24
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy. #195467
09/28/05 17:09
09/28/05 17:09
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense Ai: New Demo!!! Win A free copy.

Hello everyone,

After a long long time, I managed to get another demo up for you. There you go..

Intense Ai - Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

For the faint of the heart, I've also made a slower version. Same rules, but both you and the bot are walking slower. Mouse sensitivity is also dropped.. a tad. However, you can 'cheat' by going faster than the bot, when keeping SHIFT pressed.

Intense Ai - Slower Blast From The Past - 4.5 MB

It's you and one bot, powered with Intense Ai(duh), fighting it to the death. First to reach 20 Frags wins.

I'm also setting up a little contest for fun. If you get to win the match you'll be rewarded by a "secret password". The first one to post this password here will get a free copy of Intense Ai - Standard version, when it's out.

I think I made the bot pretty tough. The idea is, it's easier to make a hard Ai weaker, than visa versa. Other than that, the match is fair. Both the player and the bot have the same HitPoints, same speed and the bot never 'cheats' in any way. It's like playing multiplayer with another human player.

I think I'm gonna post a pic now...

Old timers may also recognise the level. I practicaly ripped every texture, sound, model and the music from the old game Doom II. This is the first map, Entryway, which I initially made myself, and then Bilbo_bogimps redid it cause mine was horrible . All the doom weapons are also there and they behave exacly like in the original. I had to go without the BGF though, cause that thing needed one full day to be coded and I really didn't had the time.. So, sorry BFG fans, maybe in another version .

Ok guys, N'joy. Let me know what you think.
Aris
Last edited by LarryLaffer; 09/29/05 08:16.

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
233 Comments
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: Matt_Aufderheide] #195557
11/15/05 01:26
11/15/05 01:26
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
it isn't. If you followed this thread from the beginning, we had this discussion before.. I've explained that the Bot doesn't cheat, it doesn't know where you are, and it uses the same attributes(speed, health, weapon damage, weapon accuracy) as the player. maybe you want to try hiding somewhere and press F7 to see through the Bot's eyes. You'll see he's playing like a player would.. he's just a real good one..

Keep an eye for the new demo which will feature more realistic bots, plus Ally bots that fight with you... It should be out already actually, but I keep spending time trying to make the pathfinding and collision avoidance perfect for every situation possible. And I quote Michael Booth when talking about his CS Bot in GDC: "Navigation is Hell!".

Getting closer and closer though. Hopefully, by tomorrow I'll be able to throw the player with 2-3 allys and 10-20 enemies in a really complex 3d level, and everything will behave normally.. If it does, I'll make a new demo for you all as well!

Sorcerer: There's no way in hell I'm giving up on my products.. Of course, I'm not promising that all Intense Ai versions will be out. Actually there's a strong chance that if the Standard version goes horribly, I won't continue the series. But even if I don't, I'll keep giving support for it and make new updates regularly, like I did with Intense Dialogues. My goal is to make all Intense Ai versions planned, cause I'm really really excited working on this project, so I really hope the first version does go well..

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: Matt_Aufderheide] #195558
11/15/05 01:36
11/15/05 01:36
Under your couch
Silent_Assassin Offline
Developer
Silent_Assassin  Offline
Developer

Under your couch
@Matt_Aufderheide yeah i know the bot is hard i can only just beat him myself, heres a little tip go find the weapon that shoots them little plasma balls and hang around in the open area there and wait for him to come to you..

When he decides to show up, nearly all the time he will come into the room with a rocket launcher (thats like his favourite weapon) and then just unload every thing at him with the plasma gun while still dodging his missiles.. i found that handy to just get some good kills in on him..

Also you can grab the shotgun and when he runs out of ammo he will run away to either pick up more ammo or go get the armour. Thats when you run behind him and shoot him in the back with the shotgun. But make sure that you kill him before he gets to whatever it is hes after, cus once he gets it he will turn around and kill you pretty much instantly :d

Try these to options and see how many kills you can get out on him

Visit us at www.m-tec-development.com WIP - Urban Conflict
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #195559
11/15/05 01:50
11/15/05 01:50
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
DCorwin & Mondivirtuali, I nearly missed your posts. I'm keeping the code nice and tidy with comments everywhere, no DLLs of course and enough documentation to give you a grasp of how everything works. So you're free to make any implementations you want before I create my own hitzones for some later version.. I'm not sure if this 'head'-'body' idea is the best though. You see, the Bot must be aware of it's full body to be at his best effeciency. If the bot is actually a headless body, it won't care if it's 'attached' head is exposed, when trying to sneak around the player and may get seen. Likewise, it may consider a passage to be tall enough for it to walk through, while in reality he'll be taller than he thinks cause he's not considering his head.

Email me when intense Ai is out so I can give you some tips on how to go with this.. I think there are some good tutorials about Hit-zones out there though.. I think in Alain's fighting tutorial??

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #195560
11/15/05 02:32
11/15/05 02:32
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Silent_Assassin, excellent kill-the-bot-guide, I couldn't have done better myself . Just one thing, I've set his favourite weapon to be the plasma, not rocket launcher(you can toggle a value in WED for every weapon) but I guess since you always make sure to get the plasma gun yourself, the Bot decides to get the next available good weapon instead.

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #195561
11/15/05 05:54
11/15/05 05:54
Under your couch
Silent_Assassin Offline
Developer
Silent_Assassin  Offline
Developer

Under your couch
ummm just a question for anyone whos played the demo, has anyone managed to beat the bot 20 - 0 ???

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: Silent_Assassin] #195562
11/28/05 10:24
11/28/05 10:24
Berlin
T
Tester Offline
Tester  Offline
T

Berlin
Larry,
just a quick note to the progress of Intense AI, what do you expect is a beta
release date ? You said, you will have a version this month....

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: Tester] #195563
11/28/05 11:47
11/28/05 11:47
Under your couch
Silent_Assassin Offline
Developer
Silent_Assassin  Offline
Developer

Under your couch
yeah what Tester said

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: Silent_Assassin] #195564
11/29/05 06:01
11/29/05 06:01
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Yeah I know, but it ain't happening. My calculations were correct and everything but I hadn't counted the university exams coming on next week. I stopped working on Intense Ai for 10 days now, and I'll get back to it after 10th of December.
Then, according to my plans, I'll need no more than two weeks to get everything done. I really don't want to give out deadlines though, cause every time I do, I get to be in a place like now where I have to say "I'm sorry, it ain't gonna happen cause of bluh.. wait for 5 more years.." etc..

On the bright side, I'm terribly close now! All it's left more or less, is writting documentation, fix some rare bugs here and there, comment the code, polish the WED Customization Panels and it's done. I even thought about building a pre-release but I hardly have time to post this message right now, I can't spend any time in anything than studying cause I'm worried about failing the year. After 10th of December though I'll get a good 1 month of holidays which will all be spended on finishing IaI and giving support for it.

Cheers All and thanks for waiting,
Aris

Last edited by LarryLaffer; 11/29/05 06:13.

Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: LarryLaffer] #195565
12/14/05 00:10
12/14/05 00:10
from the 'Burgh to Denver
CBuilder2 Offline
Developer
CBuilder2  Offline
Developer

from the 'Burgh to Denver
Larry,

How are things coming along?

CBuilder

Total_Stupidity = (Ben_Roethlisberger + Motorcycle) - Helmet
Re: Intense Ai: New Demo!!! [Re: CBuilder2] #195566
12/14/05 15:46
12/14/05 15:46
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Not bad. I'm in the proccess of polishing things and starting on the WED custoizable panels. While polishing, I've also start working on the first official project built with Intense Ai. It will be the player escaping from a jailhouse, and finding fellow prisoners to fight with you on your way out... Something simple as that. The point of making this is making sure that Intense Ai is ready to help you build off an fps game from scratch. When i see that there's something missing while trying to build that game, I fix it and go on.

When that little game is done, Intense ai will be done as well. I'm on holidays now back in Greece, and Intense Ai is all i do all day, so I'm hoping to get it done really soon.

I'll keep you guys updated,
Aris

Page 10 of 24 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 23 24

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de