by flink. 04/14/24 07:46
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (7th_zorro, 1 invisible), 581 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin
19047 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rating: 5
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17
The Battle for Forgol #320933
04/25/10 21:41
04/25/10 21:41
8 Images
Serbia
Iglarion Offline OP
User
The Battle for Forgol

Hello everyone!

There is a time to present a project on which work the last 3 years - The Battle for Forgol. It is a platform sidescroller RPG adventure in which young warrior Iglarion must win Dandarach immortal conquerors, who evil magician gave the stone body.
To defeat Dandarach he must find five daggers that must be installed in his magic shield - the only weapon that can crash his stone body. To succeed in it he must find the five military leaders, who kept the dagger.
In this way the great adventures awaiting him, a large number of monsters, logical tasks, fight, finding equipment that will help him to progress in the adventure, finding friends who will help him in solving puzzles and much more ...

Gameplay video:
The Battle for Forgol (September 2013)
----------------------------------

Credit notes:

Programming:
by Roganovic Veljko

Level Desing:
by Roganovic Veljko and Markus Scholder

Music:
by Colburn Hayden and Cameron Hayden

Models:
by Markus Schloder and Roganovic Veljko

Graphic:
by Markus Schloder

Story:
by Roganovic Veljko

167 Comments
Re: Battle for Forgol [Re: Redeemer] #321900
05/03/10 10:06
05/03/10 10:06
Serbia
Iglarion Offline OP
User
Iglarion  Offline OP
User

Serbia
Thank Redeemer!

That everything is going great, people are largely compose the music for the Battle for Forgol, so that part is resolved. Some tunes have already been finished and will sound great. I am very pleased with how things are going wink.

Re: Battle for Forgol [Re: Iglarion] #322444
05/06/10 23:22
05/06/10 23:22
Serbia
Iglarion Offline OP
User
Iglarion  Offline OP
User

Serbia
I made my first video on speed, with the desire to show you one of the tunes that were composed for the Battle for Forgol.
This level is unfinished but I am ready to hear your opinions and criticism.

One of the levels of Dark Caves:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtubhbhjPnY

Thanks, and I hope you like it wink

Re: Battle for Forgol [Re: Iglarion] #322480
05/07/10 12:42
05/07/10 12:42
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
Yeah- this looks & sounds very good
The visuals are very well done & I love the feel of the level. The giant ants look totally cool tongue

If I have anything to note it would be the players animations that needs a bit more tuning & the background picture is not really that hot.

Other then that it all seems very well fitted & very nicely integrated. Good luck smile

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Battle for Forgol [Re: Ganderoleg] #322529
05/07/10 19:53
05/07/10 19:53
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Those bats bring back many memories of frustration with Zelda II grin

Looks quite good so far. But I have a question: why is the hero throwing his shield at those monsters?

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Battle for Forgol [Re: Redeemer] #322549
05/07/10 21:13
05/07/10 21:13
Serbia
Iglarion Offline OP
User
Iglarion  Offline OP
User

Serbia
@Ganderoleg
Yes animations are not completed yet and it is clearly seen. I imagine the animation is completely different, especially combat and jumping. For now to testing will serve well grin
In relation to the level it is important that i do base architecture at all levels, and finally comes the main level adjustment. I agree with you about background picture it also have to change.

@Redeemer
Very good question: why is the hero throwing his shield at those monsters?
This is very important to me whether people like it, or is it perhaps a little stupid???
About why that player throws his shield at the enemy, this is long story, but I'll try to explain. The young warrior Iglarion is selected for this great quest because it is found in the woods as a baby together with the magic shield. The whole quest is about the need to find five sharp peaks of the spear, which pierced the dark conquerors Danarach. An evil wizard has returned a Dandarach from the dead, giving him immortality and a new body - the stone body. The only way to defeat Dandarach and to stop his terror in land of Forgol is that the five peaks of spear the must is installed in the magical shields. The only weapon that can defeat evil Dandarach. So it is in fact a kind of magical weapons.

Later in the gameplay shields will have greater ability levitation. But this is not the only weapon that will be in the game, because they will be able to keep up to four characters. Iglarion will be the main hero who will carry magic shields and he will be best for the acrobatic skills, Tenetril will be the magician with his magic staff, Zedelvin will be a thief - honest thief grin who will have the ability to throw daggers, and finding secret passages and traps, and there will still be a warrior Durn, who will with his huge sword brings about orcs, goblins, spiders, dracons,...

I have made another short video with the outdoor level.
The Battle for Forgol - Enchanted forest level:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kuN-8YeMr0

Re: Battle for Forgol [Re: Iglarion] #322646
05/08/10 16:19
05/08/10 16:19
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
I like that you'll create other characters for the game, but the decision to use the shield as a weapon is rather strange.

Perhaps you should use the shield, but also give Iglarion a mace or something. Or maybe, you could take away his shield and give him a whip.

It's up to you, you can keep it this way if you like. laugh

Also, I like the new forest video. Keep up the good work! wink

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Battle for Forgol [Re: Redeemer] #322668
05/08/10 18:38
05/08/10 18:38
Serbia
Iglarion Offline OP
User
Iglarion  Offline OP
User

Serbia
Thanks for the tip. I am very mean to hear other opinions about magical shield. I wanted it to be something new and original. But as you say and i also thought that at the very beginning Iglarion start with a club or mace. And that only later when he found magic shields to use him, and as protection and as a weapon. I will seriously consider your proposal wink .

Yes it would be good with weapons as a whip, but it would too resemble the Castlevania.

Yes, i very like a magic shield as a weapon, but what it's worth if others people do not like this frown .
What others think about the "magic shild" weapon?

Re: Battle for Forgol [Re: Iglarion] #322686
05/08/10 21:11
05/08/10 21:11
Balkan
Ganderoleg Offline
Ganderoleg  Offline

Balkan
The second video is even better then the first one.
Turtles are totally hilarious- the way they spring out their necks when hit is awesome grin Love the birds & falling eggs also.
Keep up the great work.

>>Demos free3DModels Tutorials<<
>>>>>>> by Pavle Nikolic <<<<<<<

Re: Battle for Forgol [Re: Ganderoleg] #323291
05/12/10 22:06
05/12/10 22:06
Serbia
Iglarion Offline OP
User
Iglarion  Offline OP
User

Serbia
Here it is a new video and new music compositions, which are much different than the previous. It is the second part of the gameplay, from a bird's eye view.

Forgol 3D level - Map of the Forgol

Please give comment about the level. I listen to Ratchet and i made another kind of tree, which is a much better fit. I not finished the shadows and some other minor details.

Re: Battle for Forgol [Re: Iglarion] #323383
05/13/10 18:30
05/13/10 18:30
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

Great video !

Well i give some things to perhaps improve it ?
-I find the character on map and NPC too much tiny compared to size of tress, houses, or the bridge !
Even some cartoon proprotions with characters bigger than trees would be better. they like much like insects and we don't see the character details at all.
I think the player will be lot more pleased to see details on the chacacters, even on Dungeon Hunter game on Iphone we see lot more details on our character caus it's bigger !
Don't take it bas , it's juts my opinion laugh !

- everywhere the road have squarry angles or intersections,
why in teh begining of the video around the houses , it is a turning cruve where raod is not a square angle, but a rounded one ? it breaks the overall design i find ? make the turn quare also ?

-Another thing on road : a good painted alpha that gives a good transition from road to grass would be a lot better !

- For texture road , i find the texture strange ! for grass that's ok , it's a style ! but for road , some things that make it look road are missing i think !
why not using some photosource with little rocks or pavements ? the texture is too much bright
i find, it's road , not grass with sun on it !
Your grass style is good and very Mario Galaxy like :
do as same for the road !
mario galaxy 2 style road and grass

-for little mountains and the rock texture, the rock texture looks very like some bright blue !
PErhaps use more simple texture with less luminosity :
another example :
mario galaxy rocks and cliffs

- some shadows even fake under houses would make them less like simply "posed" on ground ! or some discrete painted
shadow on terrain to simulate Ambient Occlusion would make it ok !

Well just my critics !
Even like that your game is already a great game and made
by one people only !

Keep up the good work laugh !

Last edited by ratchet; 05/13/10 18:32.
Page 3 of 17 1 2 3 4 5 16 17

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de