by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 664 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Call Of Death #363814
03/14/11 20:34
03/14/11 20:34
4 Images
Zapan@work Offline OP
User
Call Of Death

Watch out!

Because there's a zombie invasion, and someone is pretty pissed off about that. It's Dirty Dick Johnson, and we are proud to show you his new game named "Call of Death: Chapter one". It's a complete indy production, we are currently looking for publisher and are evaluating online distribution platforms.

YOUR MISSION:
You are Dirty Dick Johnson, a guy who doesn't care about anything but girls'n booze. But since the Pussy Palace, Big City's nr. 1 adress for first class adult dancing entertainment couldn’t open because of the zombie invasion, you'll have to make your way out into the city to bring back all the lost strippers. There might be some zombies in your way...

GAME FACTS:
* A fast paced first person SHOTER with a lot of action, hot babes and really black humor
* Easy accessable arcade gameplay, cinematic kill scenes and countless gallons of zombie blood to be shed
* Weapon shop with 12 weapons and a lot of additional items to be purchased
* 5 levels / 3 versions to play each map / 3 mini games to be revealed throughout the game
* 1st of 3 planned chapters

Promo-Teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crew51videos?feature=mhsn

www.callofdeath.com

Before we forget: Similarities with certain characters or games are absolutely coincidential!
142 Comments
Re: Call Of Death [Re: Slin] #373269
06/08/11 20:11
06/08/11 20:11
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
Originally Posted By: Slin
abandoning is the only way to not lose even more time and money

Not for a project with this scenario in Duke Nukem time. And: Not for a game that is almost completed.
Trying nothing means lost of chances. If you`re just thinking of worry and pain, you`ll never succeed. And: You`re in the wrong industry.

Re: Call Of Death [Re: Rondidon] #373271
06/08/11 20:31
06/08/11 20:31
A
alpha_strike Offline
Serious User
alpha_strike  Offline
Serious User
A

Ron, you are surely right, but never forget that you are this time in a very greatful position to speak. In your neck is the success of your deal with jcl, your very, very good promo video for the A8-engine and I can feel the positive vitality in your words. If you just finished a project and your bank account gets an update... you truly feel good.
But don´t loose to much the view for reality. If you work months with a clear financial target, money you need for your life... and you come to this no go point, your kind of words / your push c o u l d go the negative route.

Re: Call Of Death [Re: alpha_strike] #373273
06/08/11 21:01
06/08/11 21:01
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
Of course it`s hard to self-publish a game and have commercial success with it, but that doesn`t mean that it`s impossible and a no go.

A possible and not unrealistic scenario for self-publishing:
Crew51 creates an attractive website of the game. They talk to JCL about bringing a video of the game (+gameplay) on the Gamestudio website along with a demo. If it`s fun to play, it will attract some Gamestudio users and some enthusiastic beginners. They go to the official website, post questions in the forums, build the foundation of the community and maybe buy the full game. They tell their friends and push the Facebook "I like" button.
Parallely Zapan ask the guys from Gamesglobal if they want to bring an interview about independant developers, commisional work in the gaming industry (Stromberg) and their new game, Call of Death. That article will be read from about 5000+ people (like the article about Maniac Mansion 3D and several other indie game dev interviews). Also, he can post a video report about "how to create a game like COD - an inside look to Crew51" on that website. It will also be watched by about 1000+ people. If the game is really good, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube will help him to spread the game info wider.
Also, forum posts and podcasts can help to bring the message to the customers.

Re: Call Of Death [Re: mk_1] #373283
06/08/11 22:28
06/08/11 22:28
H
HeelX Offline
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline
Senior Expert
H

Originally Posted By: mk_1
Originally Posted By: HeelX
I even don't have any interest in working on a zombie splatter game (I have a very different image of how a zombie game should look like and most games disappointed me, but that is a different story).

Zombies are slooooow (or should be). In return a single or two bites should kill the character. That's SURVIVAL horror. OTOH it's not as fast paced and fun as today's zombie games

You are absolute right. I don't understand most zombie games. Has anyone ever watched Romero's movies? Or The Walking Dead?? The "entities" in 28 days later for example are NOT zombies, they are infected people, so it is OK that they run stupidly around, but not for so called "zombies". They are dead. It is absolutely amazing that they even walk around. So how are they supposed to RUN or JUMP?? So sad.

But, also interesting: I thought today about making such a game. Working title would be simply "Slow." smile Haha, that would be awesome ^^

Re: Call Of Death [Re: HeelX] #373289
06/09/11 00:03
06/09/11 00:03
netherlands
Realspawn Offline

Expert
Realspawn  Offline

Expert

netherlands
I like what i saw of this game but i keep asking myself will any publisher
go with a game (no matter how good it looks) that could lead to legal issues because there to many and obvious similarities. This game is a clone of and does not hide it laugh

just my 2 cents.

But don't give up you can do that allways after you explored all the hundreds of possibilities.

Find all my tutorials & Workshops at : www.rp-interactive.nl

Creativity starts in the brain
Re: Call Of Death [Re: Realspawn] #373292
06/09/11 01:52
06/09/11 01:52
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
i havent read like the last 5 posts so forgive me if someone already stated this pretty obvious point. if someone is willing to finish it other than zapan/crew51 3run is just saying they should let finish it/distribute it. it doesnt mean that they get all the credit, or the money, just a portion for their part in distributing it.. anyone who doesnt get that right away... well the adjective "dull" comes to mind.

Re: Call Of Death [Re: lostclimate] #373296
06/09/11 05:55
06/09/11 05:55
England
M
MrGuest Offline
Serious User
MrGuest  Offline
Serious User
M

England
Originally Posted By: lostclimate
i havent read like the last 5 posts so forgive me if someone already stated this pretty obvious point. if someone is willing to finish it other than zapan/crew51 3run is just saying they should let finish it/distribute it. it doesnt mean that they get all the credit, or the money, just a portion for their part in distributing it.. anyone who doesnt get that right away... well the adjective "dull" comes to mind.
you obviously missed the
Originally Posted By: 3run
Or, atleast make it open source, so someone will be able to continue it and publish.
quote then...

there's a huge difference between finding someone to complete it and making a project open source, so no, noone has already said it as it isn't what was said. (as a recommendation, try reading the other posts wink )

Re: Call Of Death [Re: MrGuest] #373298
06/09/11 07:11
06/09/11 07:11
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
no, im replying about when they were saying 3run was asking to let someone else dev it privately. they were acting like that somehow meant that zapan/crew51 wouldnt get there fair share for the work. open source would be even more generous of course, but i would opt the first route. find someone who is willing to advertise it (press releases etc,) on commission. Im sure there would be people (myself included) who would be interested in that.

Re: Call Of Death [Re: lostclimate] #373300
06/09/11 08:47
06/09/11 08:47
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Dude, if you are really interested and can offer something to Zapan, you better contact directly him, cause here you'll face opinion of some idiots (alpha_strike for example). So better don't waste your time. I don't really care how people are interpretating my words, my point was clear. MrGuest, there is no much differences between finishing and publishing projects, both of then on the last step of development, and one comes from another one (publishing after finishing), and if project is unfinished after making it open source (or atleast letting someone to get it's source) before publishing it person which will be interested in it will need to finish it first! And I've never meant that Zapan just need to throw this open source and let it be for free, I meant that he need to let someone to finish/publish this (if he can't or don't want to do that himself, as a recommendation, read carefully my previous posts, and don't let your personal attitude to me affect here).

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Call Of Death [Re: 3run] #373301
06/09/11 09:24
06/09/11 09:24
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
It would be interesting to hear an opinion of Zapan longer than one sentence, because people are discussing not only about, but also for supporting him.

Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de