by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Quad, aliswee), 835 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
Call Of Death #363814
03/14/11 20:34
03/14/11 20:34
4 Images
Zapan@work Offline OP
User
Call Of Death

Watch out!

Because there's a zombie invasion, and someone is pretty pissed off about that. It's Dirty Dick Johnson, and we are proud to show you his new game named "Call of Death: Chapter one". It's a complete indy production, we are currently looking for publisher and are evaluating online distribution platforms.

YOUR MISSION:
You are Dirty Dick Johnson, a guy who doesn't care about anything but girls'n booze. But since the Pussy Palace, Big City's nr. 1 adress for first class adult dancing entertainment couldn’t open because of the zombie invasion, you'll have to make your way out into the city to bring back all the lost strippers. There might be some zombies in your way...

GAME FACTS:
* A fast paced first person SHOTER with a lot of action, hot babes and really black humor
* Easy accessable arcade gameplay, cinematic kill scenes and countless gallons of zombie blood to be shed
* Weapon shop with 12 weapons and a lot of additional items to be purchased
* 5 levels / 3 versions to play each map / 3 mini games to be revealed throughout the game
* 1st of 3 planned chapters

Promo-Teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crew51videos?feature=mhsn

www.callofdeath.com

Before we forget: Similarities with certain characters or games are absolutely coincidential!
142 Comments
Re: Call Of Death [Re: Rondidon] #373304
06/09/11 10:10
06/09/11 10:10
Zapan@work Offline OP
User
Zapan@work  Offline OP
User

First of all I want to say "thank you" to everybody which posts in the last days.
At the current point the developing is on hold because we can't find a publisher in a certain time-frame.
We really want to publish the game on steam. We know also that our content is 18+ but we want to remove certain effects if steam want it this way but steam did not give any clue about what they don't like... Maybe the complete concept?!

If we want to publish it ourself we had a big problem: copy-protection. We can't integrate a secure process without a big budget/time... Also there are many other online-platforms around, but first we need to finish the game. And this is an important part, because we need a stable funding to finish the project. We've also some other stuff todo, because we're not only developing computer-games to achieve this stuff but this is very hard and seems not to be successful soon.

So, we're very sad by now because we really want to bring dirty to live, but this time it seems to be very difficult.

We're still trying some other stuff and if this won't work we'll maybe release the demo for free. Maybe we will upload some source stuff or so if everything stops but this is not clear at the moment.

After "Duke Nukem Forever" will be released, our game will also be in a much worse position because everybody will say that we've copied some game concepts like the babes etc. which is not true. Sure, our game is going to be a "bad" remake and is much more a homage and allusion to the gold old times and games like Duke Nukem is/was but not just a copy. That's way we want to release it _before_ the new duke... We see now how well this worked...

Re: Call Of Death [Re: Zapan@work] #373308
06/09/11 12:28
06/09/11 12:28
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
Seriously, if you worry about copy-protection then you might just as well postpone the game indefinitely. There is always someone who is bored enough to crack a game. And all it takes is one person.

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: Call Of Death [Re: Zapan@work] #373318
06/09/11 13:17
06/09/11 13:17
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
dude, all this X-rated and farting crap, pointless cursing, THATS whats stopping your game, remember people will ofcourse accept DUKE_NUKEM because that name is already well known, youre an indie, so they dont see it as cool, they see it as sad, i wont lie to you either, i dont like it much anymore either ...

i preferred this game when it was just a shooter with the time slowing mechanics, all of this x-rated crap just reduce your potential clients in my opinion, its not much of a zombie game because theres NO scare element though, so its just a shooter, so focus on FUN, add some time trial modes, add back the glowing particles and give us more abilities that use up that energy

i always started and played the beta whenever i wanted something quick to past the time

wishing you luck mann laugh

Re: Call Of Death [Re: darkinferno] #373319
06/09/11 13:25
06/09/11 13:25
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
I wish I could try out old beta version (I remember the old video trailer, I'm not sure but I think there were even few of them, they were so awesome) laugh I want to join darkside here, and wish you the best and good luck as well laugh

Re: Call Of Death [Re: 3run] #373339
06/09/11 16:28
06/09/11 16:28
T
the_clown Offline
User
the_clown  Offline
User
T

I agree with Darkinferno - I haven't played the beta but I'm pretty sure the game would be fun enough without the sexual content and the exceggerated vulgarity that it appearently has. Just remove that and have a look how it works. I think your chances will be much better than.

Re: Call Of Death [Re: the_clown] #373388
06/09/11 20:56
06/09/11 20:56
Karlsruhe
PadMalcom Offline
Serious User
PadMalcom  Offline
Serious User

Karlsruhe
The game market is flooded with "usual shooters" without - let me call it - a soul (which basically means unique selling point). That's why I like the game so much (no past tense here since I believe there is still hope). Yes I want babes, zombies, farting and sexual content because this is what no developer dares so far!

Re: Call Of Death [Re: PadMalcom] #373390
06/09/11 21:19
06/09/11 21:19
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Originally Posted By: PadMalcom
babes, zombies, farting and sexual content because this is what no developer dares so far!
This is not a soul... Soul could be a great gameplay or some unique idea, but not farting zombies...

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Call Of Death [Re: 3run] #373394
06/09/11 21:42
06/09/11 21:42
Germany, Magdeburg
Rei_Ayanami Offline
Expert
Rei_Ayanami  Offline
Expert

Germany, Magdeburg
Originally Posted By: 3run
Originally Posted By: PadMalcom
babes, zombies, farting and sexual content because this is what no developer dares so far!
This is not a soul... Soul could be a great gameplay or some unique idea, but not farting zombies...

If he thinks that this is the soul of a game, it is his (and my) taste!

Re: Call Of Death [Re: Rei_Ayanami] #373396
06/09/11 22:20
06/09/11 22:20
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
My little "friend" your personal taste has noting to do with the game's soul. To be honest for me farting zombies looks like cheap joke and it's not needed for a game to have a soul (this is my taste as well, and it also has noting to do with soul stuff). As an example you may take a look at the old good painkiller, there is noting but great gameplay and some great realized ideas, thats all game needs to have a thing called soul (at least I think so, but I might be wrong). BTW you wouldn't be able to buy this game, since it has +18 stuff wink

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Call Of Death [Re: 3run] #373401
06/09/11 23:13
06/09/11 23:13
England
M
MrGuest Offline
Serious User
MrGuest  Offline
Serious User
M

England
Originally Posted By: MrGuest
there's a huge difference between finding someone to complete it and making a project open source, so no, noone has already said it as it isn't what was said.
MrGuest, there is no much differences between finishing and publishing projects, both of then on the last step of development, and one comes from another one (publishing after finishing), and if project is unfinished after making it open source (or atleast letting someone to get it's source) before publishing it person which will be interested in it will need to finish it first! And I've never meant that Zapan just need to throw this open source and let it be for free, I meant that he need to let someone to finish/publish this (if he can't or don't want to do that himself, as a recommendation, read carefully my previous posts, and don't let your personal attitude to me affect here).
Where did I state there's a difference between finishing and publishing a project? and I don't have any personal attitude towards you affect anything I say here or in any other post. I have admiration for the time you spend helping people and the contributions you make to the community but on this occassion I disagree with you.

My little "friend" your personal taste has noting to do with the game's soul. To be honest for me farting zombies looks like cheap joke and it's not needed for a game to have a soul (this is my taste as well, and it also has noting to do with soul stuff). As an example you may take a look at the old good painkiller, there is noting but great gameplay and some great realized ideas, thats all game needs to have a thing called soul (at least I think so, but I might be wrong). BTW you wouldn't be able to buy this game, since it has +18 stuff wink
The soul of a game (in my eyes) is what gets it spoken about and differentiates it from the others in the same genre. I wouldn't change any parts until publishers have given reasons why they won't publish it and see what/if any amendments need to be made then. Just stick at finding a publisher then make the changes necessary laugh

Originally Posted By: darkinferno
remember people will ofcourse accept DUKE_NUKEM because that name is already well known
then how did the first Duke Nukem ever get released?

(btw 3run a project will be finished after publishing, you forgot about the updates) tongue

Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de