by 3run. 03/01/24 19:06
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, VoroneTZ), 831 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer #373539
06/10/11 21:11
06/10/11 21:11
8 Images
Earth
Germanunkol Offline OP
Expert
CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer

2011.06.10 - CSiS Development Team

"do you have what it takes to battle your enemies lightyears away from earth? can you compete with real, live opponents, in your lan and the internet? are you ready to join the fierce squad of the best pilots in the whole world? CSiS is the new mulitplayer space game experience that will not only gloriously revive the space action simulation genre, but redefine it and take it to the next level. charge your cannons!"

Teaser:
(youtube, 720p recommended)

Video Link

We're pleased to announce the release of the latest version of the multiplayer shooter CSiS - Combat Simulation System 0.50.
Many months have passed since the first Public Playtest in October 2010 and we can assure you, the team has not been lazy. We have looked at all the data you have shared with us during this first test phase and made CSiS stronger, more stable, more fun. But this release is so much more than just bugfixes, it is stuffed to the top with new features, which are so numerous that we cannot possibly tell you everything we have done. To wet your appetite, we have selected the 7 most outstanding features. CSiS 0.50 ships with:

• a complete new ice world filled with frozen asteroids, icy gases and spine-chilling effects.
  • as requested, we added a tutorial level to make you familiar with your ship and its systems. learn how to defeat your enemies in no time!
  • dedicated server support with a handy auto-rehosting option in the event of a hard application crash. CLI support for weaker machines.
  • BOT support for the full 16 player CSiS experience, even if you could not convince 16 of your friends to play our game with you.
  • two new team game modes - team deathmatch and capture the station. prepare to be blown away!
  • a great new set of soundtrack files made by our new incredibly talented composer Francesco Di Buono. but if you prefer to listen to your own files, CSiS 0.50 ships with soundtrack support for music files on your hard drive as well.
  • revisited shaders with support for the latest state-of-the-art anti aliasing, shadow mapping, lighting and transparency effects.

Download:

CSiS 0.50 is completely free to play and represents yet another major milestone in our development cycle. download a copy today and join one of the servers we have running.
http://csis-game.net/pages/cargo-bay.php
(Unpack and then double click CSiSInstall.exe to install. We used .7z to pack it because of limited space and smaller downloads. Recommended tools to unpack: Win-rar or .7zip. For those of you with limited download capacity, I'm willing to burn CDs and ship them to you if you pm me.)
The Team will try to host a minimum of 2 servers day and night for the first 5 days. But of course you are free to (and we would certainly appreciate if you would) host your own. We have servers only running in Europe at the moment, if someone in the USA could host one as well, we'd be very thankful.

Request:
Please post bugs, errors, suggestions, rants, critique and praise either at our Forum or here, or feel free to drop us a mail/pm if you need support to host a server.

See you online!

Note for people trying to host a dedicated server:
In most cases, you can simply use the CSiS.exe and click "host", then choose "dedicated server". If you want to join your own internet server from behind the same router, you might have to enter the IP address manually on the client when you see the serverlist.
Please use the rehosting feature (type 'yes') and try the bot_min command (type help bot_min in the console after startup).
Also, don't forget to forward port 5556 to the correct PC in your LAN and allow all the logger and engine files (up to three binaries) to communicate through your firewall.
(on some PCs you may need to start the game, close it down (use the shutdown command) allow all the files through your firewall, and then rehost).
For further info, see the help files or pm me.

Last edited by Germanunkol; 02/24/12 10:45.
68 Comments
Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: Redeemer] #373680
06/12/11 01:19
06/12/11 01:19
Myrkling Offline
Myrkling  Offline

Game runs stable for me. Just a little slow (~30 FPS) because my laptop is somewhat older.

I like the tutorial. It's neither too short nor too long.
Pressing F8 to continue was a little bit annoying, though, because it's not that easy to reach with one hand on the mouse and the other on the WASD keys.

The new explosions fit nicely.
I also found the music enjoyable, especially the song played in the ice level.

Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: Myrkling] #373689
06/12/11 06:16
06/12/11 06:16
Earth
Germanunkol Offline OP
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline OP
Expert

Earth
All right, thanks guys. Redeemer, if you want to, I can try to send you a CD, but it won't arrive any earlier than the end of the weekend, either. PM me if interested, you didn't get to play the last Beta either.

Myrkling, about F8: we used F8 because the F keys can't be re-assigned by the player. All other keys potentially have a keyboard setting on it, and we use the current keyboard layout for the tutorial, not the default layout. That's why we chose F8... do you have another idea?

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: Germanunkol] #373706
06/12/11 10:56
06/12/11 10:56
Germany
M
muffel Offline
muffel  Offline
M

Germany
Doomsday torpedos are overpowerd in cts.
once you have 3 doomsdays you fly to the opponent base and you can easily destroy the genaretors( 1 doomsday = 1 generator) . In an battle with 6 bots i could simply rusch to the base and destroy quite easy the generators. Thus making the battle very short.

muffel

Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: muffel] #373717
06/12/11 12:23
06/12/11 12:23
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
i cant really play it, lame pc, too low fps ~16, all settings minimum, this is also why i didnt like that you limited the res to 1024x768.

ps. ive played crysis2, farcry2 quite nicely on this pc, ofcourse, fps ~25 but it didnt feel so unplayable but obviously 16 fps is intolerable so thats not your fault, idk just feels like i cant aim in CSIS at all

ahm, one error when i was testing all the video settings:
can't create directX texture unnamed

i got this when i ran in window mode, color depth 16

other than that, great looking game wink

Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: darkinferno] #373720
06/12/11 12:29
06/12/11 12:29
Schortens Germany
Landixus Offline
User
Landixus  Offline
User

Schortens Germany
Macht richtig Laune, aber ich muss es noch üben!

Toll gemacht!

Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: Landixus] #373721
06/12/11 12:40
06/12/11 12:40
Earth
Germanunkol Offline OP
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline OP
Expert

Earth
Thanks again for the comments and tests, guys.
Darkinferno, we will add fallback shaders. But you know how frequently havoc comes online these days ... tongue
Thanks Landixus!

Muffel: Noted. I will change some values, you're right, I haven't played with those doomsdays for quite some time. I might make them weaker, or limit the number of doomsdays you can carry.
In the meantime, note that disabling the "torpedoes" switch in the hosting screen will disable doomsday rockets (we gotta agree on a naming convention there, I just noticed).

We've added CSiS to IndieDB:
CSiS on IndieDB
Code:
(anyone know why I can't link an image like this:
[url=http://www.indiedb.com/games/csis-combat-simulation-system][img]http://media.indiedb.com/images/global/indiedb_88x62.png[/img][/url]
it worked before, in the projects thread)

We've decided to make this move to attract more testers. There's much more going on up on the servers than the last game, but players still miss each others by minutes.
In the meantime, we've almost gotten to 100 downloads within two days: YAY!

Now on to work on the bugfix release...

Last edited by Germanunkol; 06/12/11 12:53.
Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: Germanunkol] #373798
06/13/11 07:32
06/13/11 07:32
Fab4 Offline
Fab4  Offline

Hmm...the game crashs instantly on my laptop. Always by loading the shaders. I had the same Problem with the shade-c demo on my pc, but never on my notebook. I also was able to load the server interface. but i couldnt join a game.

Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: Fab4] #373799
06/13/11 07:37
06/13/11 07:37
Alberta, Canada
William Offline
Expert
William  Offline
Expert

Alberta, Canada
I was playing on SchokoKeks server so that might explain the missing bots. laugh

As for your shader bug, perhaps this has to do with the crash at startup?

"Make sure that you include all required plugins from the acknex_plugins folder or the work folder folder to the published project. For supporting older DirectX9 versions on the target machines, either provide a DirectX setup with your installation program, or include the d3dx9_42.dll and - if non-precompiled shaders are used - also d3dcompiler_42.dll. Both files can be found in the Gamestudio folder. When using A8 physics, also include ackphysX.dll, PhysXLoader.dll, PhysXCooking.dll and NxCharacter.dll. "

I used to have constant shader glitches and crashes on certain laptops in Silas until I added the d3dcompiler_42.dll as outlined in the manual in my published folder. laugh

Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: William] #373802
06/13/11 07:48
06/13/11 07:48
Earth
Germanunkol Offline OP
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline OP
Expert

Earth
Oh, Fab4, could you try including the d3dcompiler_42.dll from the GS-Folder and see if it works?
Damocles and Schokokeks asked me to minclude the d3dx9_42.dll after the last release, so I did, but I'm not including d3dcompiler yet...

Would be very much appreciated if you could try that out. Even if the game's doesn't run fast afterwards: if it does run at all, that would be a huge improvement. We'll try to add fallback shaders later.
Thanks for pointing it out william

-Mark Twain
Re: CSiS Demo 0.50 and Trailer [Re: Germanunkol] #373934
06/14/11 11:36
06/14/11 11:36
Earth
Germanunkol Offline OP
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline OP
Expert

Earth

-Mark Twain
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de