MapBuilder Editor has arrived to a new stage. Beside keeping it a lightweight editor, a lot of new features are packed into it, extending the old system with support of 3D Game Studio A8 Commercial/pro edition (object shaders, decals, pssm shadows, shade-c 0.91 water shader and shadowmapping, post processing shaders). This way Free and Extra users can experience with the possibilities of Commercial edition, or can choose to limit options to the basic engine functionalities, to utilize only compatible features during level design time.
MapBuilder now offers static lightmapping for all the engine editions, and a completely new, vegetation and texture package, to achieve both quality and performance, optimized for 3D Game Studio A8. Level testing also features some weather effects now, to see at design time how performance changes in case of many snow or rain particles.
At the download page you can find the version history mentioning all the important improvements done on each update, just shortly:
- From version 2.2 MapBuilder is open source, and features improved pssm shadows, shade-c based shadowmapping and water shaders, new shadow and water editors.
- Update 2.21 provided some wmb saving/loading improvements.
- In version 2.3 the source code is completely reorganized, the terrain editor is reworked, entity modification is more flexible, it has much better entity seeding options, offers two camera modes.
- Update 2.32 includes two example projects using the editor source directly covering various ways of level loading, and a 4 level mini shooter game with our favourite wizards.
- Version 2.4 features improved shadowmapping, rewritten shader package, improved water, more flexible lightmap usage, fixed nexus and memory handling.
To download the latest version visit MapBuilder homepage
MB 2.40 (160 MB) https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlnuxz5k7opj97j/MapBuilder240.zip?dl=0
MB 2.41 patch (1 MB) https://www.dropbox.com/s/rge9fmoddmbhngs/MapBuilder241_patch.zip?dl=0