Some Trivia about Morbius - The Utopia Conspiracy:
I added a few things which were neither planned, nor did I tell my team mates.
The telephone tones heard in Chapter II resemble specific telephone numbers:
- Fritz works at Conitec headquarters, so Morbius is dialing their number, with preceeding 0049 for calling a German number from Switzerland
- Galep Security is reached with the exact number as given in the preceeding dialogue with Fritz
The dance game moves are based on some famous cheat codes:
- Sonic 1 (Title screen)
- Konami Cheat
- Sonic 3 (Liana swing cheat)
Dance game... yeah right.
Anyone actually found the mini game?
More obvious things:
- The scene in Chapter 2 was based on the actual building which was supposed to be the Embassy Flight and Ground Service (name was twisted around in the game to avoid any legal stuff) headquarters.
- Chapter 5 was named after the "King Morph" nightclub mentioned in the Utopia log. As we were in hurry we had a double name for the scene some point. In some dialogue the very same scene was all of sudden named "Babec Disco" in reference to the main character C-Babe there. So in the end I decided to go with that double name "King Morph Babec Disco".
- Morbius all of sudden loses his voice in Chapter 5. In fact, all the dialogue was already spoken, but the recording PC broke down pretty much right after recording, the recorded voice data was not recovered until today
- At some point tape was needed for solving a riddle. So I insisted on having a WD40 can in the game as well.
- As we had only limited time, we decided to have only two specific characters sharing the same mesh, and tried to come up with some sort of story using Warlock, Guard and C-Babe