by Aku_Aku. 02/20/24 12:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (degenerate_762, TedMar), 519 guests, and 12 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
sakolin, rajesh7827, juergen_wue, NITRO_FOREVER, jack0roses
19043 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Hecknex World #482744
03/22/21 16:01
03/22/21 16:01
4 Images
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline OP
User
Hecknex World

A walking simulatior with some comedy elements. If you are an old acknex user, i believe you will have fun with it.

You can download from here.

New download links:
Zip version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1e7yU_6slJQrQemei2j1cIffFoFTgTDqR/view?usp=sharing
Exe Version (Self extract wtih 7-zip) version: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-lrY7Kdq747ArkbOzkg0z3wlw-q7uvY-/view?usp=sharing

video: https://youtu.be/6rihypsAhNw

information update: In the readme file and on the splash screen, it says a minimum of RX 580 or equivalent nvidia card is required. But I found it to work just fine on the R9 380 as well. In short, Minimum recommended card; R9 380 or equivalent Nvidia.
Last edited by Emre; 06/11/21 20:15. Reason: Updated minimum/recommended graphics card information
26 Comments
Re: Hecknex World [Re: Emre] #482761
03/26/21 03:07
03/26/21 03:07
N
NeoDumont Offline
NeoDumont  Offline
N

Hi Emre !

Very nice scenario, done very very well. However I let it run on a 3GHZ Dual Core with a 512 MB Geforce 9600 3GB RAM and my framerate is about 5-8 frames per second in 600x800 resolution. Nearly unplayable. Nothing to critizise, just to let you know.
This led to a very interesting problem I encountered in other old games and I think developers should be aware of.
When reaching the landing stage at the frozen lake I got stuck, unable to move anymore. I think this is because of the the scripted movement is not fast enough for the 3D rendering or vs. I saw this problem also when I tried to play elder Games on fast machines, there was some kind of desynchronisation between movement, sound or else.
Anyway, just maybe this is something of interest for someone.

The trees and weed of hexnex world do not behave correctly in any way on my PC. They scale up and down in yxz space and the weed looks like jumping around.

The tree trunks also are becoming thicker and thinner continuously. Fault of my Graphics Card ? Wrong Driver ? Wrong Shader ?. Maybe this is of interst for you.
Skyrim and Halflife2 are runninng perfectly on the same machine.

Also, for those who are waiting for an A9 Update to think about (just reflecting my personal opinion):

1. OPgroup already lowered the price for the pro engine to less than 10%of the original price some time ago. Shaders.

2. I dont want to be the programmer going into the A8 Engine to update it. Thats very hard a Job. After this long time the engine not being updated, who wants to dig in thousands of of lines of code to generate an update for whatsoever machines. In Germany many guys are not using PCs anymore at home but turn to Laptops because the cost for electricity became the highest in Europe. I see that people sell their "Gaming PCs" and other 400 Watt Machines on EBAY kleinanzeigen very often, anouncing that the are going to use a Laptop in the future. But Laptops have very special and tricky GPUs as we all know. I think Corona also puts pressure on the famile budget.

3. A A9 Engine update must pay for Opgroup. It makes no sense (for any company) to invest in a new version of Gamestudio if it sells only to a handfull of people. Try to understand.

4. I still believe that the A8 Engine is a game engine (and it IS (!) running very stable on a lot of different machines) you can make a nice game if you have the manpower and patience to create a Game with a GOOD STORY (!). Essential for someting new immersive and fascinating.

5 The A8 engine is there as it is. Why not simply use it for some nice virtual worlds or Games. I also do not believe in Games becoming better because of high end equipment. Have a look at NOLF 1+2 or MAFIA

NeoDumont

Re: Hecknex World [Re: Emre] #482763
03/26/21 04:23
03/26/21 04:23
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline OP
User
Emre  Offline OP
User

Turkey, Izmir
Hi NeoDumont. Thank you very much for informative response!

As I mentioned on the start screen, the game requires a minimum of RX 580 or Nvidia equivalent. I did not do optimization work for low systems, because i don't have time for it. Also, this isn't a serious project, it's something i do just for fun.

The main goal in this project is not to criticize the opgroup or denigrate the engine. On the contrary, i always made demos to show the quality of the engine like this or this. This project is also one of them. I just wanted to add some interaction and fun into it.

In the past, we wanted the A9 to come out. That's normal because most of us learned how to make games thanks to this engine. We love it. But I don't think anyone is waiting for the A9 anymore.

If I have time i will make a more comprehensive version (unlikely though) and maybe there will be other participants as well. Then i can try to make it work stable on other computers.

You seem to have taken it very seriously. I hope jcl did not take it as seriously as you. I had no intention of offending anyone.

Meanwhile, most of us are on discord. If you haven't joined it yet, we'll also welcome you.

https://discord.gg/x4vRYpJ38Y

Last edited by Emre; 03/26/21 04:52. Reason: editing about optimization issue.
Re: Hecknex World [Re: NeoDumont] #482775
03/27/21 20:30
03/27/21 20:30
Caucasus
3run Offline
Senior Expert
3run  Offline
Senior Expert

Caucasus
Originally Posted by NeoDumont
The A8 engine is there as it is. Why not simply use it for some nice virtual worlds or Games.
That's what Emre did, too sad that you didn't get the plot of this project. Everyone from discord channel who had a chance to play this little game - enjoyed it (including me). Not only from the visual appearence (awesome atmosphere it delivers), but from the story, irony and humor wise too.

And even if someone was here to complain about a9 not comming out, you aren't the one to judge, since jcl himself is perfectly fine with such fan made projects. Infact any project that makes it out to executable with this oldass engine should be appreciated and respected, since it take a lot of time and effort to get it up and running. And only those who trully love it, dispite all it's bugs, outdated or missing features are still using it to this day (including me).

Looking for free stuff?? Take a look here: http://badcom.at.ua
Support me on: https://boosty.to/3rung
Re: Hecknex World [Re: Emre] #482776
03/27/21 21:14
03/27/21 21:14
N
NeoDumont Offline
NeoDumont  Offline
N

@ Emre

I'm sorry, I'm not able to enter the discord channel (or whatever this it is). Maybe that I am still using WinXP when I'm in the net or they dislike that I use NoScript. I dont get any error message nor I am told what reqs are necessary to use it.They tell me I was invited by you and and account have been created, but I still can't enter. So I will stay here for publishing something useful for the Gstudio Community or others from time to time.

No, I don't take your scenario as too offensive. It's allright from a certain point of view. However mine is a little different, maybe I publish it later here.

Best wishes for you ! And all other helpful spirits.

NeoDumont

@3Run

Oh yes, I am so sorry, Man how stupid I am. O boy how did I dare to...;-). I published my meaning about Emres work (its not a Game btw at all) but a very nice scenario. Not going into your post any deeper. It's clear what your intention is.

Greetz...

Re: Hecknex World [Re: NeoDumont] #482779
03/27/21 21:58
03/27/21 21:58
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline OP
User
Emre  Offline OP
User

Turkey, Izmir
Originally Posted by NeoDumont
@ Emre

No, I don't take your scenario as too offensive. It's allright from a certain point of view. However mine is a little different, maybe I publish it later here.

Actually, I am not curious about your point. I found your approach offensive. I thought maybe you would change it but clearly i was wrong. 3run made a nice statement for you and now you are acting aggressively towards him. I don't know what is your problem but i hope you get better. Best wishes for you too. Have a nice day to you with your xp.

@3run: Thank you man.

Re: Hecknex World [Re: Emre] #482781
03/27/21 23:26
03/27/21 23:26
N
NeoDumont Offline
NeoDumont  Offline
N

@Emre

Just 'v been on 3run's (what is the meaning of this ?) homepage. Man so alive that page. Posts from 2010. No Impressum, no "last updateted" for his page. That's what the Digital Revolution 2.0 makes so exiting. I hope he did not drink too much blood from some bodies he shouldnt (Remark: this is just a joke (!) :-)). TM: Made in Kaukasus).

I think you know that the scenario you've published has infact at least some offensive contents against GSTUDIO/Opgroup or users or could be missunderstood. However it is done very very well. I STICK TO THAT !

Conitec is not the company responsible for GS anymore, if I'm informed correctly.

" What can we do to help you for a A9 Version ?" "MAKE GOOD GAMES !" JCL.

Now, Emre you invested a lot of time to create the snow lake scenario, with support from many other people. I think you expected users to have a graphics card with 8 GB VRAM and a GPU getting as hot so you could cook an egg on it (Remark: This is a joke ! TM: Made in "Save the Planet" movement.)

"We are at discord now". Why, and not here ? Is it all about "us" ?

Anyway how offensive this discussion may get:
Your scenario is really very nice und I enjoyed the birds singing very much (where did you capture these nice sounds?).
Also great design of the car !

The jeep, including steering worked fine, even on my "Old Computer" :-)).

Going to get a 1200 Watt gaming PC the next days and then give a damn shit on the future of our children. (REMARK: This was a joke, in the spirit of Monty Pthon TM: Made in England):-))))))))) Or was it a joke too bitter ?

Emre, yes, I have a problem, and you too !

Best whishes, will stick to Gamestudio whatever happens. A others will too or not :-))

NeoDumont

Re: Hecknex World [Re: Emre] #482788
03/29/21 13:43
03/29/21 13:43
NRW/Germany
alibaba Offline
Expert
alibaba  Offline
Expert

NRW/Germany
You guys need to chill 😄 There already isn't much going on here, don't let the only activity here be hate. I suppose there is a misunderstanding on both sides, let's just accept that.

Nontheless, great work Emre, I enjoyed the little trip 😊

Last edited by alibaba; 03/29/21 13:44.

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: Hecknex World [Re: alibaba] #482790
03/29/21 18:33
03/29/21 18:33
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline OP
User
Emre  Offline OP
User

Turkey, Izmir
Originally Posted by alibaba

Nontheless, great work Emre, I enjoyed the little trip 😊

Glad to hear that. It was also enjoyable for me to work on a project after a long time. Thank you. smile

Re: Hecknex World [Re: Emre] #482833
04/03/21 14:46
04/03/21 14:46
Deutschland
H
HoopyDerFrood Offline
HoopyDerFrood  Offline
H

Deutschland
Looks very nice. Unfortunatly I cant open the .rar. I dont know why (I am using 7-zip).

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de