Quote:

I'm not specifically sure what you mean by 'church'. I don't mean that in a sarcastic way, I literally am not sure what you mean. Do you mean churches like church on the corner? Or the church as a whole, which just includes a metaphysical binding of all believers? Or the corporate existence of an entire church, ie the Catholic Church?

I meant Church, as in the 'institutions' throughout history (which obviously wasn't always the same). A bit depending on which part of history you're looking at, the Church as an institution has always very much influenced people.

In the old days it has been easy to take advantage of people who couldn't read, but it's also quite impossible to let people know what's in texts when you don't explain it to them. Thus as for the biblical message itself, Churches may not be that bad, however e.g. the 'donation box' (especially in the past) made certain Churches very very rich. Now where does that fit in with the biblical message?

Quote:

I did a quick search, and all I could find were sites outlining the debate between people who think any translation besides the KJV was written by Satan, and people who don't think that.

Okey, I'll see if I can find some articles for you on this. I'm starting to doubt a little bit though, perhaps I've read about it in a book or magazine instead, I tend to use all kinds of sources, which kinda makes it dangerous to claim 'articles can be found everywhere on the net', but I'd expect a handful at least.

Cheers

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software