Quote:

, there are no females envolved in gamedesign.

Well, to say 'no females' is really incorrect. Okay, there are not as many as men, but still that is not something I've seen in my professional experience-- I've worked at four different game studios over the last 14 years and in every case there was about half women staff.. two had female CEO's and producers, every single one had female art directors, and some of them had worked as art directors at other studios. One had only female programmers (small operation), another had 2/5 female programming staff, three of four had female sound designers/composers! There's creator of Sierra Online, Roberta Williams. Director of Product Development for Sony Entertainment for nearly every PS2 and PS3 title Connie Booth, etc etc etc. There really are many more. Sure none are as famous as Wil Wright or Sid Meier, minus Roberta Williams, but that's not really important.. Also while working at a well known graphics software company, exactly one half of the programming staff were genius young women, brilliant programmers.

Also at the SF Academy of Art College's game design program, a significant portion of the game design students are female. I think this will only increase with time as videogames expand in design and content appeal further to women.. as some games increase in quality of narrative and visual design. Games like The Sims... A majority of games have lacked qualities that appeal to woman, which is a factor in this, but it's totally changing nowadays-- that isn't a function of "women don't like games" but a difference in style. It's changing, and many studios are realizing this now that women make up half the consumer demographic, with more women purchasing games than men.