Hello everyone,

thanks for the great support. considering there's a bug crashing the game in the middle of it, i'm pretty pleased with the whole turnout

We're working on a new patch that should fix most of the bugs mentioned here.. Meanwhile, here's something you can do right now to get past the crashing bug at lab A:

Right click on the Mother's Den shortcut created at your desktop, and select Properties. Under the "Target:" field, you'll see something like this:

"C:\Program Files\Intense Illusions\Mother's Den\MothersDen.exe"

add: -d realgame at the end of it, so now it should read

"C:\Program Files\Intense Illusions\Mother's Den\MothersDen.exe" -d realgame

click ok and play again. Normally, you'll be able to play the game to the end this time, but make sure you don't die (and load back to the last checkpoint) or click New Game from the in-game main menu, or it may become unstable again.

Regarding everything else...

@frazzle, Hit Alt+enter then, and see if it goes full screen now.

@Damocles, good catch. I'll get that fixed

@Frank_G and everyone else, the scene where it crashes is pretty heavy as it is. Even though i don't get the crash here, it does jerk for 1 second. There's plenty of room for optimization in the game and IntenseX, and i'm pretty sure that i'll be able to eliminate all slowdowns eventually.

However, in Ex citer's case that you say that the game is actually unplayable, the problem may not be IntenseX code. I had an ati radeon card on my old laptop, and it lagged a hell lot, especially when looking at particles(and there's quite a lot particles in Mother's Den). Every model isn't purged and loaded back though, the only thing that is dynamically created on the fly is sounds. How much memory does your laptop have?

For lower spec. computers, disabling Stencil Shadows from the display menu might help as well.

@Felixsg, thanks for the info. If more people are getting this bug, i'll go ahead and change codecs. We will be selling the tools which we used to create Mother's Den and i recently got contacted by a publisher about selling Mother's Den although that wasn't my intention at all. I guess we'll just see where it takes us from here..

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!