Hi Cristaballa,

Here is my take on it for what it is worth.

I have not played around with the actual Populace dll yet, but I have been programming with a game specific hybrid of it for about 5 months now.

There is absolutely no comparison in efficiency.

The hybrid I have been using is so unbelievably more effecient then 3DGS multiplayer that it will make you cry.

It is set up quite a bit differently on how things work then 3DGS networking, but I am guessing the hybrid I have been using is basically the same other then additions such as pathfinding and other unique dll functions, if not it will be.

After I get done with getting the beta out for this game I working on that uses the hybrid code Populace I have told East Coast Games I will put out some tutorials of how to use it correctly and add some other missing functions that I know that would make it even more efficient. I am considering bringing in some special help to really tweak this dll.

If the Populace dll is not similar to what I have been working with, in about a month or so, it will be, with detailed tutorials on how to use it written by me.

Quote:

You can quote me, "It's no contest, the Populace is 75% more effecient than 3DGS networking over the internet!"

It will be about a month before I get involved with documentation, tutorials, and additions to the dll I think need to be done, but it will happen, and if you have already purchased the product you will receive the updates and tutorials also.

I am really not trying pimping this, the truth is, it's just not even close and if you want to do real multiplayer over the internet with 3DGS, this will be the way to go unless my friend fastlane69 has put something together that is better. The effeciency is just not even close or I would not be mentioning it and I know 3DGS networking inside and out.

Loco