Well, the goal is 16 players. (including AI, if I get it done...)
You have different types of rockets: a single rocket, or you can shoot 3 or maybe even 5 at the same time. You'll have a max of probably 20 rockets...
But since you have "reload" times in there, and you can only shoot the next rocket after about 4 secs (or even less), you can still shoot all 20 rockets before the first one explodes, 3*7 = 21, so you'd have to shoot 7 times to shoot all rockets, 7*4seconds = 28, and it takes about 40 secs for a rocket to run out of fuel and explode.
that means I could have a max of 20 rockets in the game from just one player. 20*16 is 320 rockets.
Additional to that I need the lasers + the mines (the latter don't get removed after some time)...
so it would be a lot of entities that I'd have to create. And I'd rather have more rockets than I just mentioned, not less...

I'll fiddle around with this: you create the rocket using ent_create and assign an index number to it. Then you send a command to all other players and they create a rocket with the same index number. then you can update the rocket's angle, speed vector, and position every view frames...

Not the best method, but I'll try it anyways...

Thanks!
Micha

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain