Although I agree with the reason 1 and 3 answer, from what I have noticed about humanity I would thoroughly understand answer number 2. And the reasons I would provide would probably be starting with: "Because of posts like this made by people like you."

If I was God, I could see destroying thousands in an earthquake just for rebellion and wickedness. I personally wonder why God hasn't destroyed us and this rotten planet thousands of years ago, but that is from some wisdom which I don't naturally possess.

Also even as a Christian I would slightly disagree with reason 3. The reason is because in many ways God indeed is bound by the rules of "Divine Justice" and would have to answer for evil just like the rest of us. Just because He is God does not exempt him from Justice. Even if Justice is something He created(which is in itself debatable) He would still have to be bound by those laws or else He would be hypocritical.

But history should have made it clear that our courts are indeed incompetent. The OJ case being solid proof of it.

However, the question itself is an absurd fantasy, because even if you didn't believe in the Christian God, it would still be ridiculous to think that He would be on trial from us mere humans. Because even if you didnt believe in God, just by formulating the question you would have to have accepted the Biblical descriptions of God and in those descriptions there is definitely no indication that He will ever be on trial by us at any time.

If you were to have understood the Bible at all you might realize that in a real sense God already did stand trial before Divine Justice, only it was not to protect Himself from accusations, but rather to offer Himself up for a propitiation for humanity's offenses. He did that in the form of Jesus Christ.

Quote:

7. He pleads guilty, he believes he is God afterall and he would be convinced that a lethal injection won't harm him.

Heh heh