Quote:

I'm just curious and am forwarding this question to Christian fundamentalists - what would be God's best defense strategy in such a case?

Did I hear "fundamentalist"?!

This is a good question. Although I resent the blasphemous premise of the post, I think I can give an interesting answer. I don't know if its right, I'm still pretty ignorant about Christianity myself, but let's see what I can do.

So, starting at the point that God is in court, I'd assume He would represent Himself. Can't count on us fallen apes to make the case ...However, God wouldn't need to break a sweat, if He were to take this avenue. Just expose the jury (or for that matter the entire courtroom) to a split second of the shame their sin brings upon themselves, the same shame normally reserved for hell, and that'll put them on His side real quick.

After that, He'll just explain that He has actually been pretty nice and benevolent towards us this whole time. Instead of completely letting our sin seperate us from Him in this life, and letting the worst chaos one could possibly imagine take place, He has prevented the full force of the consequences of our sin from hitting us, and actually we should be thankful.

We should also be thankful that He doesn't have an enabling personality that completely shields us from the pain and suffering our sin causes in the world, and would (in the end) allow us to make things worse for ourselves (especially with respect to our after-life).

That's just my two cents. I'm sure there are more thorough, and accurate answers to this objection out there since its been around for some time.

edit:
Quote:

Thanks to the Iraq judiciary, 2007 begins with one dictator less in the world.

I was surprised when I heard that, by the by. I guess I'm not too up on current events, because it totally caught me off guard when the news reached me. I actually felt pretty sad about it. Not that Saddam was a good guy or anything, but it still sucks.

Last edited by Irish_Farmer; 01/09/07 19:08.

"The task force finds that...the unborn child is a whole human being from the moment of fertilization, that all abortions terminate the life of a human being, and that the unborn child is a separate human patient under the care of modern medicine."