Quote:

He has prevented the full force of the consequences of our sin from hitting us, and actually we should be thankful.

I don't quite understand this line, because a.) we should take responsibility for our own sins and most of the time people will regret them anyways (= hence they will feel the full consequences of their sins) ánd b.) wé are the ones ignoring or 'hiding' our sins, there's no intervention of God needed for that.

Infact, these kind of ideological points of view make religious people hide behind the bible if they've done something wrong. Together with the whole 'confession' thing in churches. Some might not understand my point of view, but I actually think confessing in all anonimity is a bad thing, because it doesn't solve or change anything. Confessing publically would be better, thát's when you take full responsibility for your sins. Confession is something strange anyways, since you can sort of wave away your sins, anyways I'm going off topic I guess.

Quote:

I actually felt pretty sad about it. Not that Saddam was a good guy or anything, but it still sucks.

A lifelong detention would have been way better. But then again I'm against the deathpenalty no matter what. (too much innocent people got that penalty in the past, not that Saddam is innocent off course.)

Cheers

Last edited by PHeMoX; 01/09/07 19:19.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software